Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #16
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Karate Kid 3. 6.5/10 only because they brought the Cobra Kai leader back along with his rich friend. I got a kick out of them screwing with Daniel throughout the movie. He was annoying as hell.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #17
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here

Michael Clayton- 6/10

I really dont know how this flick got 3.5 stars.
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #18
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I've actually never seen Once Upon a Time, but I've heard nothing but good about it. I might try to d/l that one here, pretty quick. I'm patiently waiting for "Appaloosa" to find its way online, too, because I'm a sucker for Westerns, and hopefully it's decent.

And the car scene with Terry and his brother is easily one of the best in film history. I take it you've seen Waterfront before, no?

I did once before, but it was a painfully long time ago. I remember that scene at least, but I barely remember anything else. I actually meant to watch it a while ago, but forgot, and then I was reminded of it when someone mentioned it in a movie review for Once Upon...

Actually, the last movie I watched was really Candyman, but I didn't count it because I had my headphones on for the first hour. I guess I'll give it a 5/10.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I really dont know how this flick got 3.5 stars.
Depends on who gave it 3.5 stars. Roger Ebert gives out 4 stars like they're going out of style. He's a hack. Don't take anything he says seriously.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #20
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

And the car scene with Terry and his brother is easily one of the best in film history. I take it you've seen Waterfront before, no?

Fantastic movie. I actually met Karl Malden about 10 years ago and we talked about a lot of his movies. He said that Brando was "in character" for the entire shooting and it just about killed him. Said it was much harder on him than Streetcar Named Desire because he had played that part for years on Broadway.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #21
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's hard to believe Malden's still alive. He looked wheezy all the way back in '54 or whenever Waterfront came out.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #22
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Forgetting Sarah Marshall 7/10

Funniest part to me was when he was in the Yoga class doing crazy sh!t.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
It's hard to believe Malden's still alive. He looked wheezy all the way back in '54 or whenever Waterfront came out.

He's 94 I believe, 84 when I met him. Looked basically the same as he did back then. Tall guy with a commanding voice (and nose).
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #24
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Forgetting Sarah Marshall 7/10

Funniest part to me was when he was in the Yoga class doing crazy sh!t.
I wasn't really digging the movie a whole lot until he sings the Dracula song. I couldn't stop laughing.

Die...Die...Die...I can't
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #25
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I didn't realize OUATIA was almost four hours.

Originally it was 6 hours, but they trimmed it down to 4 hours for the DVD.

Last edited by CAAIDN : 10-03-2008 at 02:22 PM.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #26
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Step Brothers 7.5. It was better than I expected alot of cheap laughs. One "fart" part had me laughing so hard I was crying. Although I thought Tropic Thunder was the better movie, Step Brothers made me laugh more.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #27
PooL
I brick open layups

PooL has an OK reputation so far

Winnie the Pooh, the movie! 10/10, easy
PooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #28
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAIDN
Originally it was 6 hours, but they trimmed it down to 4 hours for the DVD.

Are you sure? I heard a disgruntled editor had basically ruined the last hour or two in frustration, and they barely had enough to fill 4 hours, which is what Leone wanted.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #29
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phar
Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 8.5/10

I haven't had a good laugh in a minute =).

same. that flick really surprised me at how funny it was.

I also watched Deja Vu the same night. It was interesting and a few times it had me hooked but the execution just wasnt there in the end and some parts were either far too obvious while the characters were clueless or just plain ridiculous even for a time travel flick. I mean, what was the point of even pretending it was surveillance footage at first? That crap nearly lost me right there until they told us the real deal. Points for opening up with a Beach Boys song though.

Deja Vu - 5/10

Sarah Marshall - 8.5/10 (though id never watch it with my rents)

Last edited by kentatm : 10-03-2008 at 07:04 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #30
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

My Best Friends Girl: 6/10

Movie had its parts...but wasn't great...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: