Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #16
ghost
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ghost has an OK reputation so far
Default top ten

1. Miami
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. San Antonio
5. Cleveland
6. Chicago
7. LA Clippers
8. Detroit
9. Memphis
10. Denver
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #17
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Miami-There the champs and you canít deny them that (And I donít buy the but there old argument Kareem was dominant until he was like 40)

Dallas- Kept there core together and got a good amount of finals and playoff experience

San Antonio- Always a lock for a top 3 spot (at least for another year or 2 there not getting any younger)

Denver- Iím going out on a limb but I think Melo is going to have a break out year and I think as a team they will work out there chemistry problems. I honestly think that Melo benefited from the World more then any other player. (And I am not some Nuggets fan I have never even been to Colorado)

Phoenix- I am on the fence with this one! they could be in the top 10 if Stat comes back to full force but if the situation with team USA is an indication of things to come Iím not confident he will be back to his old self this year or any year for that matter MF surgery is no joke and now he is having problems with the other knee they could fall from the running all together but since they have put together good seasons with him riding the pine I canít count them out + they just got JJ of a career year.

Lakers-Let the Laker haters start the bashing but being real they did get VRad to spread the floor for the likes of Lamar and Kobe they got a good project PG in Farmar who already knows the triangle and a 7í1 285 lb center that is 19 and learning from one of the best The Captain KAJ he should see more playing time this year. And that is not to mention Evans a good defender and Williams a brilliant player from over the pond defiantly a better retooled team from the last 2 years

Chicago- They added Big Ben and gave the current champs Miami a scare last year in the playoffs I think the just edge out my next pick

Detroit- They lost big Ben and gained Mohammad a downgrade but they still have 4 of the 5 starters they have had since they one the title so they still are in the top in the east and Nazar could prove to be a good fit

Cleveland- Can you ever count King James team out + I think he is very disappointed in how the worlds turned out and will be looking for redemption

NJ- Once again just a gut felling that they will make some noise this year with VC on the bubble not knowing if he is coming back next year look for the other guys on the team to play there hearts out and try to convince him on the court to stay.

I know some will argue that Houston should be in there but I think T-Mac will never be back to what he once was back problems will be the demise of the high flyers career (and I am not a TMac hater I loved watching him play) but now it is sad. The Clippers people might want in there especially over the Lakers but TT is not an upgrade from VRad if anything the Lakers got the better end since TT is known to play good only in contract years same with Sam I Am and they were only 3 games better the Lakers last year and the Lakers dropped 15 games by 3 or less points I do not see that happening again (once again this is one guys opinion and I donít expect any of you to agree)
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #18
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

1. Miami-Champs
2. Dallas westeron conference champs
3. San Antonion-always a threat with duncan manu and TP. Any team with duncan is awesome.
4. LAC-will be better 2nd time around with what they got
5. Phoenix-i think will lose to SA or Dallas in 2nd round. Amare wont be 100% and wont be dominant. Dallas can just switch around damp and diop on suns and no biggie. Nash's body is depleting. No defense=nothing
6. Cleveland-go as far as lebron will take them
7. Nets-krstic will be better
8. Chicago-new add-ons guards will be more experienced
9. Detroit
10.- SAC kings
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #19
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

zombies post is exactly as mine would be.....
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #20
baller_04
I Hit Open Layups

baller_04 has an OK reputation so far

what are u talking about the lakers r still not that good. they wont make the playoffs hornets, kings , houston are much better

1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Miami
4. Bulls
5. Phoenix
6. Sacramento
7. Clippers
8. Cavs
9. Hornets
10.Houston
baller_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #21
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

1. San Antonio - Best team, title or not.
2. Dallas - Dirk will be better again.
3. Miami - Champs, Shaq being a bit worse is the reason for 3rd mostly.
4. Phoenix - Amare could knock them down if he has the Ewing effect(or Webber if you prefer).
5. Detroit - Will simply be a more offensive team, something they were going to last year anyway.
6. Clippers - Depends on how much Shaun improves and Sam declines. But they should be better.
7. Sacramento - Rock solid team.
8. Cleveland - LeBron stays healthy anyway.
9. Indiana - If they can stay healthy finally at least.
10. Denver - If they can stay healthy.

Houston jump straight to 6th if Tmac shows up but I dont expect him to based on last year. Chicago, New Orleans and Minny are the borderline teams. Lakers also possibly.

Toronto will be the big mover if Mitchell uses Ford right.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #22
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
1. San Antonio - Best team, title or not.
2. Dallas - Dirk will be better again.
3. Miami - Champs, Shaq being a bit worse is the reason for 3rd mostly.
4. Phoenix - Amare could knock them down if he has the Ewing effect(or Webber if you prefer).
5. Detroit - Will simply be a more offensive team, something they were going to last year anyway.
6. Clippers - Depends on how much Shaun improves and Sam declines. But they should be better.
7. Sacramento - Rock solid team.
8. Cleveland - LeBron stays healthy anyway.
9. Indiana - If they can stay healthy finally at least.
10. Denver - If they can stay healthy.

Houston jump straight to 6th if Tmac shows up but I dont expect him to based on last year. Chicago, New Orleans and Minny are the borderline teams. Lakers also possibly.

Toronto will be the big mover if Mitchell uses Ford right.

The Nets aren't even a borderline team?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:01 PM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
The Nets aren't even a borderline team?

My bad, I knew I was forgetting someone. Most certainly borderline. Could very easily be top 5 by the years end if they catch a few breaks.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #24
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

It's cool, I was just wondering the reasoning.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #25
Student
Serious playground baller

Student has an OK reputation so far

1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Miami
4. Phx
5. LA Clippers
6. Chicago
7. Cleveland
8. Detroit
9. Denver
10. NO/Oklahoma City

As much as I love KOBE please be realistic about the Lakers. If they can even get to the playoffs it will be a bonus.
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #26
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

gotta love laker fans.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #27
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

1. Heat
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Suns
5. Pistons
6. Nets
7. Cavaliers
8. Clippers
9. Nuggets
10. Sacramento

a lot of you guys are basing your assertions off "well this year so and so is healthy and we've added so and so and we've trade so and so"

please wait until the season starts before hyping up your team like that. wait until results come before talking.

Lakers at 5?

Magic at 7?

puhhlleaseeee
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #28
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Notice how Laker fans include the Lakers in the top 10. Not only that, but they put them in the middle!!! Four, five, or six...please!!!

glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #29
Boss_Baller_34
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Boss_Baller_34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Top 10

1. Indiana
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Cleveland
5. Detroit
6. San Antonio
7. Miami
8. Clippers
9. New Jersey
10. Nuggets

Pacers are going to be a sleeper team this year. With the addition of Al Harrington, not to mention 6 key players who can play new west coast offense, I really feel that this is going to be the team to contend with. People may think I am crazy now, but watch. Phoenix would be number one, but I still don't think that they will have enough defense to go with there offense. I don't see Dallas getting over the hump, Miami is just going to be out of gas by resigning all of their borderline retirees. Again mark my words, the Pacers will be the team to beat!
Boss_Baller_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #30
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

1. Dallas - Better bench, different role players
2. Miami - Older, less determined Shaq
3. San Antonio - Tim Duncan, Manu, Parker and Pop
4. New Jersey - Going to get better as the season develops
5. Indiana - The addition of All Harrington helps
6. L.A. Lakers - you can't count out Phil Jax
7. Chicago - Better defensively
8. Phoenix - Would be higher, but no quality backup for Nash. Amare has to play to his best potential
9. Sacramento - After the trade for Artest, one of the best teams - no backup to Bibby
10. Detroit - Can they withstand losing Ben Wallace?

Others on the horizon - L.A. Clips, Houston, Orlando, Denver, Golden State, Washington.

Some of you may scoff at the Lakers - but Phil Jax has never missed the playoffs. Even with Pippen and a bunch of scrubs manning the hill while Jordan played baseball. L.A. is better than a lot of people give credit for.

netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: