Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation If Kawhi Leonard delivers a ring to Clippers this season, does he surpass Lebron?

I think so.

The fact that he has never joined a super team with already 2 all-stars on it brings a lot of weight. He had the opportunity to join Lebron and AD this summer, but decided to go to Clippers to pair up with PG and lead his own team. We all know if it was Lebron's decision, he would have went to the place with 2 stars in place.

also, that will be his 3rd ring, tied with Lebron.
    He has accomplished as much, and with less.

Default Re: If Kawhi Leonard delivers a ring to Clippers this season, does he surpass Lebron?

Why did you leave after 2016?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: If Kawhi Leonard delivers a ring to Clippers this season, does he surpass Lebron?

No but he surpasses Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Why did you leave after 2016?
    This. OP ran away like a scared dog for years.

NO, sukthedik, he DOESNT.

Very good NBA starter

Why yes, yes he does.

Thank you op for this. You're a real worthy poster on ISH.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I think so.

The fact that he has never joined a super team with already 2 all-stars on it brings a lot of weight. He had the opportunity to join Lebron and AD this summer, but decided to go to Clippers to pair up with PG and lead his own team. We all know if it was Lebron's decision, he would have went to the place with 2 stars in place.

also, that will be his 3rd ring, tied with Lebron.
    He has accomplished as much, and with less.
    No he'll be close though. He dosnt have enough of a resume to be considered better than LeBron even though he'll have the same amount of rings.

I think the clippers are gonna go back to back and maybe even threepeats though so he will if that happens.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    No he'll be close though. He dosnt have enough of a resume to be considered better than LeBron even though he'll have the same amount of rings.

I think the clippers are gonna go back to back and maybe even threepeats though so he will if that happens.
    Resume?

If Kawhi wins a third ring with a third team, then clearly that shows that "resume" as defined by stats and media awards, is not all that it's made up to be.

Especially if it happens the very first year? I think it elevates Kawhi to new heights.

Think about it, who else in NBA history delivered 2 separate franchises their very 1st NBA title, especially teams that used to be laughing stocks? Raptors were known as a regular season team and playoff choke artists (specifically labeled as "Lebron's bitch") while the Clippers...well...the Clippers are the Clippers, nuff said.

3 titles and 3 FMVP's with 3 separate franchises? That ain't no fluke.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

So Kawhi becomes the 2nd best player ever if he wins ring this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
    NO, sukthedik, he DOESNT.

clippers gonna be taking souls this season, that's a fact. the only one that might have a chance is LeShangTsung, the man with OP's soul neatly filed away in his 2016 championship trophy case.

OP is one of the clowns who said lebron will never win a ring - 3 finals MVPs now bitch, you have a lot of dikksukking to make up for might as well get on your knees and get started now.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Resume?

If Kawhi wins a third ring with a third team, then clearly that shows that "resume" as defined by stats and media awards, is not all that it's made up to be.
    Yeah but he's in an awkward position because he doesn't have the body of work that the upper echelon stars on the GOAT list do. He doesn't have the cumulative totals or the MVPs because he has barely played.

But he'll elevate his legacy tremendously. He will have done what nobody else in nba history has. Going to Toronto and leading them to their 1st title in franchise history and then moving on to perennial losers in the Clippers and doing so on his 1st attempt is crazy.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Resume?

I'm not that high on stats and awards determining greatness myself but it does matter some. Kawhi needs a little more is all. He dosnt have any scoring titles or mvp's. He only has three all star appearances and only 3 full seasons of 20 points or more. He just hasn't done enough to be better with the the same amount of rings.

3-time NBA All-Star

I hate alot on Lebron, but I got to be realistic - not even close. He's clearly a better player than Lebron right now, and was better last year, but up until that point, his career wasn't anything special. His career with the Spurs was not transcedent and his first ring doesn't really do much for him - he wasn't much more than a role player, and IMO, Duncan was their best player and should've won FMVP. Not to mention, Lebron has just been that great. He's greater than guys like Harden and Westbrook, and maybe he'll surpass or get on the level of Curry or Durant, but he still wouldn't touch what Lebron has done and how dominant he was.

And the 3 rings with 3 different teams doesn't mean shit to me - its a completely arbitrary achievement that alot of players don't have the chance to go after because they were team culture setters/leaders that instead of leaving a successful situation, wanted to continue to build on it.

I'm not sure Kawhi really has much of a chance to ever surpass Lebron or many of the other GOATs. His first 7 years in the league just weren't that dominant. He would really have to turn this Clippers team into one of the most dominant dynasties in NBA history, which maybe he will, but given his injury history, I find it hard to believe he will stay on that pace. Otherwise, his ceiling is probably right outside of the top 10 i.e. Hakeem Olajuwon-level, which is still amazing.
    Last edited by guy; 10-25-2019 at 10:02 AM.