Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Infuriated Tyson Chandler has a message to Phil Jackson

http://nypost.com/2014/09/20/infuria...-phil-jackson/

[QUOTE]It took him a while, but Tyson Chandler finally fired back at Phil Jackson.

Chandler, who was dealt back to Dallas by the Knicks in June along with Raymond Felton in exchange for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert and Shane Larkin, took exception to comments Jackson made in the wake of the trade on Friday in an interview with ESPN Dallas.

Default Re: Infuriated Tyson Chandler has a message to Phil Jackson

I saw this and he's right and he's wrong. He's right because they shouldn't have said it. He's wrong because the shot was mostly at Felton. He's wrong because Phil said the chemistry was bad (the quotes specifically say that). But he's right because it was said after he left.

The thing is though is that even though Chandler is a good character guy, he's a character guy if he chooses to be so. He was blatantly trying to undermine Woodson. He'd openly say they had bad strategy after games, he'd openly throw people under the bus. He wanted out badly and was trying to work that angle.

He's Jason Kidd, he's a great locker room guy, great character guy, great glue guy, until he decided not to be. He was a great character guy until the last few months last year, where he was working to get traded and get Woodson fired. How exactly is it being a good teammate to say during the season "i don't know if i want to stay here" when you have another year under contract?

Banned

what chandler doesnt understand is... in order for phil to change new york. he has to make changes

its obvious new york top to bottom last year was scum. not just tyson.

i'm surprised phil didnt unload everyone including melo in a sign and trade

If there's one thing I cannot stand about Phil, its his passive aggressive shots at ownership and personnel alike. Dude handled the Kobe/Shaq situation terribly.

(read up on his shady dealings w/ Johnny Bach, too)

By all accounts, Chandler IS a great teammate. Knows his role and operates at an above average level.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    If there's one thing I cannot stand about Phil, its his passive aggressive shots at ownership and personnel alike. Dude handled the Kobe/Shaq situation terribly.

By all accounts, Chandler IS a great teammate. Knows his role and operates at an above average level.
    Phil has admitted a number of times he creates or allows friction in the locker room because it creates an us against them mentality

he sides with the guy or guys he wants to perform and throws anyone in the way under the bus..

He was, but he lobbied to get out, tried to lead a revolt against Woodson (which I supported, no lie), threw him under the bus to reporters, talked about how he might not come back (even though he was under contract).

So for almost all his time here he was great, but the last few months last year, he's kind of pretending they didn't occur.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Phil has admitted a number of times he creates or allows friction in the locker room because it creates an us against them mentality

he sides with the guy or guys he wants to perform and throws anyone in the way under the bus..
    How do you view that type of coaching, though? Obviously he's had success, but in the long run doesn't that sorta stuff damage friendship/relationships?

I agree with Niko. He had given up on the team after Kidd left and seriously tried to de-rail Woodson (who was punching his own ticket regardless).

Tyson was great for us the first year... but he showed his nasty side last season. I wanted him gone; very happy about the trade still. He'll be happier back in Dallas.

shhhhhhh

How do you view that type of coaching, though? Obviously he's had success, but in the long run doesn't that sorta stuff damage friendship/relationships?
    Honestly I don't think Phil cares, or at least he doesn't as long as the results gets him where he wants to be and his results speak for themselves...

I'm not sure how I view it myself if I were in that type of position... It's not something I would be comfortable doing, I'm just not wired that way, I don't run my business that way and have always questioned people that do...

As a Laker fan.. pissed me off when he'd throw guys under the bus, sometimes I felt he puts guys in positions to fail for the greater good of the team but it never stopped me from cheering for the Lakers.. Still I've always taken what Phil says with a healthy grain of salt or dismiss it all together...

I'm usually surprised when people going running off talking about Phil's latest comments as if it's godspeak.. i always took it a man manipulating the situation

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Melo clearly asked for these trades

Do what works.

Coaching big franchises with players who have big egos, you got to have a strategy to handle it all.

Being "nice" doesn't get the respect of the players. Assholes with big egos make good leaders, take Kobe and Jordan for example.

He gets paid to win games whatever means necessary. If the coach needs to create imaginary enemies then he will do so to win basketball games.

The bad coaches are often the ones trying to befriend all their players and go soft on them.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Do what works.

Coaching big franchises with players who have big egos, you got to have a strategy to handle it all.

Being "nice" doesn't get the respect of the players. Assholes with big egos make good leaders, take Kobe and Jordan for example.

He gets paid to win games whatever means necessary. If the coach needs to create imaginary enemies then he will do so to win basketball games.

The bad coaches are often the ones trying to befriend all their players and go soft on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe

Yep.

Mark Jackson is another. Basically let the warriors players play video game mode and give them "mama there goes that man" type quotes during timeouts

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Yep.

Mark Jackson is another. Basically let the warriors players play video game mode and give them "mama there goes that man" type quotes during timeouts
    dat niggah held sermons

"if you pass the ball and believe in the almighty power that is god, good things will happen. don't think just pass and shoot and let jesus take the wheel. alright bring it in. in god we trust on three. One, Two, shakasjdualamsjakjsiwn,ae ja -unintelligible tongues speak-"

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar