NBA Superstar

Default The Dominance of Grant Hill (22pts, 14reb, 9ast, 3 Huge Dunks, GW) vs. 76ers (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Pz4HXsdLc

Not looking to make any comparisons here. Just wanted to showcase some prime Grant Hill. He left his stamp on virtually every single aspect of this game. Ran point all game, rebounded, led break, scored, dropped dimes, came up with key blocks, picked pockets, dunked on faces, iced two game-winning free throws - just a crazy come-from-behind performance for this lad.

Default Re: The Dominance of Grant Hill (22pts, 14reb, 9ast, 3 Huge Dunks, GW) vs. 76ers (1996)

He had really nice handle given his 6'9 size. Fluid, athletic, graceful. He was amazing to watch. Great passer, good scorer, very good defender when applying himself. Shame about that ankle injury.

Default Re: The Dominance of Grant Hill (22pts, 14reb, 9ast, 3 Huge Dunks, GW) vs. 76ers (1996)

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    He had really nice handle given his 6'9 size. Fluid, athletic, graceful. He was amazing to watch. Great passer, good scorer, very good defender when applying himself. Shame about that ankle injury.

I always like his game. It suck that he got injured after finally getting a superstar teammate like a young Tracy Mcgrady.

OT:

http://www.nicekicks.com/tag/grant-hill-shoes/ They are selling his shoe at a cheaper price in our country right now, but I picked Kemp's Reebok kamikaze I because it was one of the best shoes while playing outdoor.

Last edited by Lebron23; 09-19-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Him and Jason Kidd Where The Future of NBA Rookies in the Mid 90s. Sadly Only Kidd Will Be Recognized

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I agree! Hill to me was like a mix of Pippen and Dr. J. at his best. In terms of freak athletic alpha dog scoring and the class he showed he reminded me of Doc. In terms of the point forward skills and all around play, he reminded me of Pippen. I think Lebron took the things Hill was doing to the next level, but in the body of Karl Malone! And it would have been DEVASTATING if Hill and T-Mac could have played together for many years in Orlando! DAMN!!!

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Hill had a really good stop and pop. Incredible first step and sick crossover. Put prime hill the league today and he'd be posterizing all day, considering he was still posterizing people left and right in his late 30's

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Hill had a really good stop and pop.
    I think that's really what brought his game together. His jumper was very inconsistent and unreliable early on in his NBA career. He came back one season (may have been '97) with a new form and a slightly wider base and suddenly it was on.

Awesome highlights.

Grown man move: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Pz4HXsdLc#t=203

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Him and Jason Kidd Where The Future of NBA Rookies in the Mid 90s. Sadly Only Kidd Will Be Recognized
    But Glenn Robinson was drafted first that year. I remember thinking the Big Dog was going to average 25 in the NBA. Had huge disagreements with friends who were ACC fans. They swore up and down Robinson was nothing special and Grant Hill was the next MJ. I remember when Robinson went off for 56 against KU in the tourney in double OT or something. Roommate acted like it was nothing special because he was salty the Big Dog won player of the year award.

Anyway, turns out Hill was the better pro. But Robinson had a nice rookie season.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    But Glenn Robinson was drafted first that year. I remember thinking the Big Dog was going to average 25 in the NBA. Had huge disagreements with friends who were ACC fans. They swore up and down Robinson was nothing special and Grant Hill was the next MJ. I remember when Robinson went off for 56 against KU in the tourney in double OT or something. Roommate acted like it was nothing special because he was salty the Big Dog won player of the year award.

Anyway, turns out Hill was the better pro. But Robinson had a nice rookie season.
    I thought Glenn was an automatic star as well. He had a lot of hype coming out of Purdue. And to be honest, eight seasons of 20+ points per game is pretty legit. He could put some numbers on the board, but I think he just happened to be overshadowed by two fellows in that same draft who did everything for their team, not just volume score.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I thought Glenn was an automatic star as well. He had a lot of hype coming out of Purdue. And to be honest, eight seasons of 20+ points per game is pretty legit. He could put some numbers on the board, but I think he just happened to be overshadowed by two fellows in that same draft who did everything for their team, not just volume score.
    I agree. Big Dog was more in line with alpha dog scoring SF's like Melo, Durant, Bernard King, Nique, etc. And in that sense, I think he live up to that billing for many seasons. Scoring wise, his game reminded somewhat of Mark Aguirre. It seemed like injury and durability issues did him in during what was supposed to be his peak years. He was outta of the L at just 32 years old.

Nice vid. Was awesome seeing Grant keep up w/ the young guns in Phoenix. Coming back from such horrific injuries and to still play at a (relatively) high level was great.

Penny and Hill are the ultimate 'what-ifs' because they were a part of my era.