Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Damn, I miss Bynum

Although injury prone, Bynum was always a big part of the Lakers. He was truly talented, and we all saw that from his post moves to his defense. The only problem was his knees. During the championship runs, he would get injured late in the season and then comeback just before the playoffs, obviously not at 100%.

We never got to see what he could really do in the playoffs, until the 2012 season.

37 pts, 03/13/2012

36 pts, 04/04/2012

04/29/2012 Playoffs Triple double, 10 blocks

At the age of 24, he was voted as a starter in the all star game and was on the 2nd All NBA team. He averged 19ppg/12rpg/2bpg shooting 56% from the field and 69% from FT.

The final game of the season was May 21st, 2012 vs the OKC Thunder. 3 months later, on August 10th, 2012....Bynum was traded for Dwight Coward. I believe this is what killed his career, this trade.

Now I know the man was injury prone, but the thing about him was he always came back better! Every time, except for when he was traded. He sat out the entire 2013 season after notoriously injuring his knee AGAIN bowling (would not have happened in LA, he woulda been at the club), and played only 26 games in 2014 before being cut by the Pacers, due to swelling...

At the age of 26, the big man who was supposed to be the next great Laker big is effectively out of the league and it looks like it's going to stay that way, even though he is only 28 years old.

We miss you, big fella.

Banned

Default Re: Damn, I miss Bynum

How did Kobrick manage to lose in the 2nd round with that dominant force??

That was the final year Westrbook/Durant/Harden trio played in the playoffs together, and their best performance.

2011 lost to eventual Champions (Mavericks)
    2012 lost to eventual Finals contender (Thunder)
    2013 lost to eventual final contender (Spurs)

It was as if playing against Kobe and the Lakers was a right of passage for each of these teams.

But anyway, let us not get derailed. This is an Andrew Bynum thread, a rare one at that. Talk Kobe elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    How did Kobrick manage to lose in the 2nd round with that dominant force??

Cancer, Kobe makes teammates around him worse and want to leave LA

NBA Legend

So does GOBB.

   

wow, i'd completely forgotten about the man-child known as andrew bynum.

28yo, eh? well knowing him, he's probably perfectly fine spending his loot and living large. but maybe when he runs out in a couple years he'll come back for a few easy million.

a few years after that i fully expect him to be living out of a cardboard box.

Serious playground baller

He went to Germany to get the same illegal doping procedure that Kobe had done multiple times.

That's when Bynum's career went permanently down hill with injuries...just like Kobe's did after receiving the illegal doping.

"If you ain't cheating, then you're not trying"

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    He went to Germany to get the same illegal doping procedure that Kobe had done multiple times.

That's when Bynum's career went permanently down hill with injuries...just like Kobe's did after receiving the illegal doping.

he got this blood spinning technique intended to stimulate growth of new cartilage. It has a really low success rate.

Bynum has had f*cked up legs since he was a preteen.

He had a 30 rebound game against the spurs.
    duncan was out though, i think

   

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

actually i thought kobe was looking pretty done at that point, and then after the procedure he seemed to discover the fountain of youth for roughly the next couple seasons.

specifically i think the procedure involved injecting HGH in to his knees that had been spun from his own blood.

I dont.

Bynum was both immature and wildly inconsistent. After that cheapshot on Barea I was done rooting for him.

Kinda phucked what he did to Philly too.

Banned

He was the best center in the league for the two years he was healthy. Yes, he was much better than Dwight. loads of sick post moves and a great touch for a guy his size.

It is too bad he has no heart and his knees are made of glass.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    he got this blood spinning technique intended to stimulate growth of new cartilage. It has a really low success rate.

Bynum has had f*cked up legs since he was a preteen.
    aka......illegal doping was done but they call it blood spinning (wink wink)

not a coincidence that barely recoverable injuries followed after their procedures.