Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would Cleveland be favored if both teams were healthy?

I don't know about Vegas, but if everyone was full strength right now, I would have Cleveland winning the Finals. They were just as good as Golden State after the All-Star Break, and they have the difference-maker on their team.

Default Re: Would Cleveland be favored if both teams were healthy?

I think they were pretty much co favorites at the end of the regular season, with both teams healthy, and having seen what they're capable of... I would have taken the Cavs with Bron/Kyrie/Love no doubt... the fact they had the chance/shot to win game 1 WITHOUT Love makes it easier.

edit: and damn, 80 something % Kyrie outplayed Curry pretty nicely in regulation... 2 mean blocks on him, too.

The 'Cavs are better without Love' is bullshit... when he was healthy he was another star (I'm not just saying this as a narrative, he is, and you need him to be against any Western team), 'LeBron needs a big 3 doe' then he's injured and he's suddenly not worth it anymore... sorry tactics.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 06-07-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I think they were pretty much co favorites at the end of the regular season, with both teams healthy, and having seen what they're capable of... I would have taken the Cavs with Bron/Kyrie/Love no doubt... the fact they had the chance/shot to win game 1 WITHOUT Love makes it easier.
    This is basically how I see it as well, although I'd like to point out that haters have been saying the Cavs are actually BETTER without Love (since TT gets more minutes).

Definitely.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Of course they would be. Its almost an even plaing field right now.

Cavaliers is ridiculously stacked and add to the fact that they play in the East makes this season a joke

Curry is the best player but 2-6 would go to the Cavs: Lebron, Kyrie, Love, TT, Mosgov

If the Cavs keep this team, they should go at least 70-12 in the pathetic East next year

I'd favor them mostly because they'd have the best, two of the three best, and three of the five best players in the series. I'd take Love on his own team over Klay but, based on this season I think he and Klay have similar impact so I'm not sure who'd be the fourth best and who'd be the fifth best.

Their depth, when fully healthy, is pretty good, too, because they've still got two other players in J.R. and Shumpert capable of getting hot from three and scoring 20 points on any given night. I do think think the impact we've seen from Tristan without Love would be somewhat negated if Love was healthy simply because he'd get less minutes.

Although Golden State would still be the deeper and better defensive team of the two, I think Cleveland's star power would eventually win out because LeBron is that good.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Yes... of course they would.

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Of course they would be. Its almost an even plaing field right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'd favor them mostly because they'd have the best, two of the three best, and three of the five best players in the series. I'd take Love on his own team over Klay but, based on this season I think he and Klay have similar impact so I'm not sure who'd be the fourth best and who'd be the fifth best.

Their depth, when fully healthy, is pretty good, too, because they've still got two other players in J.R. and Shumpert capable of getting hot from three and scoring 20 points on any given night. I do think think the impact we've seen from Tristan without Love would be somewhat negated if Love was healthy simply because he'd get less minutes.

Although Golden State would still be the deeper and better defensive team of the two, I think Cleveland's star power would eventually win out because LeBron is that good.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Last year kd and lebron were miles ahead of anybody. This year lebron stands on the mountain alone.

Think about it.... if gsw are so heavily favoured then why dod the game go into overtime???

As soon as the king becomes absent from the game that is when golden state win.

Lebron is still the best in the game while durant is out. Its how they wiped the floor with the hawks. And beat a full powered bulls

Lebron has the ability and enough talent around him to win this one. I give the guy alot of credit.

Therefore there are no excuses..... the only way golden state win is if lebron doesnt bring it. (See game 1 overtime for proof of this logic)

maybe if they played better defense yeah

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    maybe if they played better defense yeah
    It must be hard to get inspired when your beta leader doesn't guard anyone. He only guards his spot under the rim to statpad rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    It must be hard to get inspired when your beta leader doesn't guard anyone. He only guards his spot under the rim to statpad rebounds
    lol I was shocked watching him get switched onto Curry and then just drop back and leave Curry open late in the game for an easy ass jumper.

Didn't someone make a thread before the series saying that the Cavs needed to put LeBron on Curry all game?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    lol I was shocked watching him get switched onto Curry and then just drop back and leave Curry open late in the game for an easy ass jumper.

Didn't someone make a thread before the series saying that the Cavs needed to put LeBron on Curry all game?
    Lebald probably thought it was a good idea to guard people the way he's being guarded since he's only shooting 43%