Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #466
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Default Re: Kobe now has more points with the Lakers than Jordan with the Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
the %'s aren't any different...in fact, from 2005 to present, has the highest eFG% EVER for any era.

And if you break it down to 2-point conversions, this era is at 48.5%FG, and the 80's at 49.0%FG.

In fact, the Pheonix Suns have the highest recorded eFG% in NBA history in 2007 at 55.8%FG...BETTER than the 1985 Lakers...

now what?

Effective field goal percentage only accounts for 2s and 3s. Nothing about steals, turnovers and free throws. I have no idea whatsoever how or why you could consider that a better measure of defense.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #467
bwink23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Jordan is a legendary player with a high PER. That doesn't change the fact that his raw numbers are inflated by virtue of playing during a basketball era with a relatively low ability to stop people from scoring on a per possession basis.

Jordan scored well over 30 on similar possessions as today's game. Defense today is completely overrated and no one's stopping Lebron, wade, or Durant....you can add prime Jordan to that list as well.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #468
bwink23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Effective field goal percentage only accounts for 2s and 3s. Nothing about steals, turnovers and free throws. I have no idea whatsoever how or why you could consider that a better measure of defense.

80's had more steals, more turnovers, more FT's. Due to faster game pace, alot less 3's, and more hard fouls since the game was more interior....

SO WHAT??.....the %'s and your EYEBALLS can tell you that the defenses today aren't incredibly successful as stopping the offense...
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #469
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Are you dumb? I don't know if you're trolling, but you're just coming off as a dipshit. I said zones weren't legal back then and now they are. I don't think the 3-second rule does anything to change that, because all a player has to do is put his foot outside the paint. I didn't realize that was physically impossible and made zone defenses literally impossible.

Are you, Kobe stan? By your own admission, illegal defense was NOT called in the MJ era thus allowing zone traps - which was said in the video you refused to watch.

During Michael's day, teams were not allowed to play the Zone

How many times do you kobe pushpoppers have to get UTTERLY destroyed, before you educate yourselves on this subject?

"Last season, Jordan had to [overcome] the harassment of [zone traps] and [double & triple teaming] to win the scoring title by averaging 37.1 points a game"

-- Sam Goldpaper: "Challenges for Jordan: New League Rule and New Role"; NY Times, Nov 4, 1987

Check the date of the article kid..
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #470
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
80's had more steals, more turnovers, more FT's. Due to faster game pace, alot less 3's, and more hard fouls since the game was more interior....

SO WHAT??.....the %'s and your EYEBALLS can tell you that the defenses today aren't incredibly successful as stopping the offense...

Stop them on average of a 104.2 points per 100 possession pace.

Guess what % of Jordan's career had league averages with that level of defensive success?

Hint: he wasn't wearing red

Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot : 03-29-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #471
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Are you, Kobe stan? By your own admission, illegal defense was NOT called in the MJ era thus allowing zone traps - which was said in the video you refused to watch.

During Michael's day, teams were not allowed to play the Zone

How many times do you kobe pushpoppers have to get UTTERLY destroyed, before you educate yourselves on this subject?

"Last season, Jordan had to [overcome] the harassment of [zone traps] and [double & triple teaming] to win the scoring title by averaging 37.1 points a game"

-- Sam Goldpaper: "Challenges for Jordan: New League Rule and New Role"; NY Times, Nov 4, 1987

Check the date of the article kid..

I don't have the patience to troll with you right now because I'm watching the Lakers game. Maybe some other time. I do think it's funny you're making this about Kobe, though. Shows what kind of poster you are. For one, I never brought up Kobe. And two, I posted, in this thread no less, that Jordan is clearly the superior player. It's ironic that you're against these so-called Kobe fans, and yet you're the one who's fixated on him.

Like I said earlier, you're one of the dumber trolls I've come across on here, and that's saying a lot. At least some of those guys are entertaining. You're just a stupid dipshit.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #472
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend

Quote:
I don't have the patience to troll with you right now because I'm watching the Lakers game. Maybe some other time. I do think it's funny you're making this about Kobe, though. Shows what kind of poster you are. For one, I never brought up Kobe. And two, I posted, in this thread no less, that Jordan is clearly the superior player. It's ironic that you're against these so-called Kobe fans, and yet you're the one who's fixated on him.

Like I said earlier, you're one of the dumber trolls I've come across on here, and that's saying a lot. At least some of those guys are entertaining. You're just a stupid dipshit.

I'm not making this about Kobe, or trying to be funny you slow-witted fool. Read the thread. Your friends made this about Kobe.

Once again, MJ faced every defense Bryant did, zones, traps, doubles, triples, gimmick defenses, and entire teams geared to stop him. And unlike Kobe, Mike was the focus of the opposing defense from his first day in the league.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #473
Legends66NBA7

Quote:
I don't have the patience to troll with you right now because I'm watching the Lakers game. Maybe some other time.

You were trolling ?

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #474
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
I'm not making this about Kobe, or trying to be funny you slow-witted fool. Read the thread. Your friends made this about Kobe.

Once again, MJ faced every defense Bryant did, zones, traps, doubles, triples, gimmick defenses, and entire teams geared to stop him. And unlike Kobe, Mike was the focus of the opposing defense from his first day in the league.

See my point? I never said Kobe had to face these ridiculously tough defenses, and yet that's what you're fixated on. Irony.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #475
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
You were trolling ?

What? No? That's why I said I didn't wanna bother going back and forth with an idiot whose entire existence revolves around Kobe.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #476
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend

Quote:
See my point? I never said Kobe had to face these ridiculously tough defenses, and yet that's what you're fixated on. Irony.

You were talking about zones not being legal then, I debunked that. Your friends made this about Kobe, and your username is LA_Showtime; why not just respond to you like I do to your buddies?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #477
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend

Quote:
What? No? That's why I said I didn't wanna bother going back and forth with an idiot whose entire existence revolves around Kobe.

Wow, you really are dumb huh kid?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #478
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend

Quote:
Only an idiot takes this

And this

And turns it into an argument about Kobe.

There's no point in calling me an idiot since you're the one who started this argument out of nothing and has been grasping for straws ever since.

Wrong yet again apostle. Read the thread once more. You didn't make this about Kobe, your fellow fanbois did. I just responded to you because, well, you're like them - low iq.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #479
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend

Quote:
How the **** did I get those quotes when I quoted yours?

Your stupidity knows no boundaries. Great job.

I would delete that post too if I were you, moron.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #480
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

Let's try this again:

Only an idiot takes this

Quote:
I don't see how anyone who's not a dumb shit would put Kobe above Jordan. Kobe's best attribute is scoring, and Jordan scored more, shot a better percentage, had more counters, was better at getting OPEN shots, etc. Add in the fact he was a top-level defender, averaged closed to a triple double when he was put at point guard, won a bunch of scoring titles and MVP's, has six rings, etc... Need more convincing? How about Jordan's intangibles--his will to win, confidence, etc. It's amazing how Godly Jordan was; the dude was a basketball deity. I mean Kobe's got a resume that 99% of past, present, and future players would die for, and Jordan just blows him away, both individually and team-wise.

This

Quote:
The only thing Kobe's got on Jordan is that he didn't abandon his team to play baseball.

This

Quote:
What are you talking about? Teams couldn't play zone back then, and the idea that today's teams can't play zone is bullshit.

And turns it into an argument about Kobe.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: