Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Who will you draft if both of them are in rookie years, Isiah Thomas or CP3?

the one that didn't lose by 60 points on his home court in the prime of his career

Default Re: Who will you draft if both of them are in rookie years, Isiah Thomas or CP3?

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    cp3 don't have 1/10 of isiah's heart. I love CP3 as a player but he is inferior to isiah as a player. At the end of the day, as a PG it's not about assist rate or .5 more rebounds or 1.5 more assists that matter, it's who pushed his team to win.

Isiah went through 80s LA, 80s Celtics and 80/90 Bulls to win multiple rings. He got jordan so mad and shook that he couldn't get on the 1992 team. That tells should tell you enough.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_z_68NdbqM

Who was so mad and shook?

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    god damn if that's your reply you must be shook as shit tbh.

Chris Paul with ease. Nostalgia strikes again.

Isiah Lord Thomas III

Zeke, obviously.

Cp3 on that Pistons team would also win two chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Cp3 on that Pistons team would also win two chips.
    I love cp3 too but he's too fragile to last in the 80s, so no I don' think he gets to play too much.
    Furthermore he don't have the mentality or the bite to be the leader of that pistons team both in the locker room or on the court.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Would you guys rank Mark Price over Paul if he played today?

What about Joe Dumars?

Both made the all NBA 3rd team and had higher MVP rank over Thomas in '89 and '90. Dumars won a FMVP and Price's team went farther in the playoffs than Paul's ever did.
    No. What made Isiah special wasn't something you can find in the stat sheet. Isiah was the heart of his team. Everything that made Detroit great was generated from Isiah. The grit, the competitiveness, the chip on their shoulders, the focus was all Isiah. They would not have been the same team if you replaced him with someone else.

Joe Dumars was a nice guy. John Salley was a goof ball. Dennis Rodman was a shy introvert. Bill Laimbeer was a rich boy that graduated from Notre Dame. None of those guys were bad asses. Add in Isiah's Westside of Chicago hustle, street smarts and Napoleonic complex and you have the Bad Boys.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Is this a fcking joke?

Isiah Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    No. What made Isiah special wasn't something you can find in the stat sheet. Isiah was the heart of his team. Everything that made Detroit great was generated from Isiah. The grit, the competitiveness, the chip on their shoulders, the focus was all Isiah. They would not have been the same team if you replaced him with someone else.

Joe Dumars was a nice guy. John Salley was a goof ball. Dennis Rodman was a shy introvert. Bill Laimbeer was a rich boy that graduated from Notre Dame. None of those guys were bad asses. Add in Isiah's Westside of Chicago hustle, street smarts and Napoleonic complex and you have the Bad Boys.
    I understand that, but that doesn't necessarily make him a better player, I could say the same thing about Paul changing the culture of two of the NBA's worst franchises into respectable/possible contending teams. Paul also has similar competitiveness, chip on his shoulders, focus, leadership, and napoleonic complex that Isiah had.

Going with overall skill/talent as a player, it's really close, but I'd pick CP3... But then I'd most likely end up regretting my choice because there's other things you can't measure, various intangibles and Zeke has him beat there, that gives him the edge, in my book.

They are similar kind of players but what separates Zeke from CP3 is his heart.

Horrible GM though.

Decent playground baller Black Mamba's B's Avatar

Cp3 is probably more talented, athletic, etc. But Zeke was on the g shit and had way more heart imo. Dropped 40 plus points I believe against the lakeshow on a bum ankle in the finals. CP3 cries too much, as talented as he is. I take Zeke

Isaiah Thomas > Kings' Isaiah Thomas > CP3