Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster
Default NBA Trade Scenario: Nets/Warriors (Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down)

New Jersey sends:

Yi Jialian (2yrs.)

He is the exact type of player Nellie loves, a long 6'11" athletic big who can shoot from the perimeter, handle the rock, run the floor, create off the dribble, and oh yeah being in the Bay Area w/ it's HUGE Asian population would definitely be a big thing marketing-wise. Yi would fit in nicely at the PF spot next Biendrins where he could pull the defenders from the paint allowing Andris to continue doing damage on the boards.

Stromile Swift (expiring contract)
2009 1st RD Draft Pick (Dallas Mavericks or New Jersey Nets, whichever is higher)

What you see is what you get from Swift and although one of my fave in-game dunkers, he is a b-u-s-t, no more the question of a "break out year" for him so if he plays and contributes, fine, if not, fine, his contribution would be his expiring contract.

Golden State sends:

Monta Ellis

The Warriors would now be able to move on from the contract they rewarded Ellis w/ which he played so hard to deserve last season, only to squander it perhaps in a motorcycle..errr..."moped" accident. Selling point would be if Monta can come back 100% from the accident and prove he hasn't lost a step and still has his shooting touch which was an incredible 50+% from the field, outstanding for a guard. Place Monta next to PG Devin Harris and you have the fastest backcourt in the NBA, bar-none, which would allow Vince Carter to move to the SF position...that would be killer.

Synopsis:

This move would provide Golden State w/ a PF who could actually score (better than their alternatives) and even perhaps give the franchise a face. Yi needs to be on a team where he can run and truly be used to his best and New Jersey isn't it. The Nets would instantly become one of the most exciting teams to watch (again) w/ Harris running the break w/ Carter on one wing and Ellis on the other (and Williams trailing)....nice and this move also gives the (soon to be?) "Brooklyn" Nets a PLAN B just in case the 2010 free agents don't come knocking on their door.

Golden State Lineup:
Crawford/ Jackson/ Maggette/ Yi/ Biedrins

New Jersey Lineup:
Harris/ Ellis/ Carter/ Williams/ Lopez

Thumbs Up!

Thoughts?

Last edited by WillyJakk : 11-23-2008 at 06:59 PM.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA Trade Scenario: Nets/Warriors (Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down)

Highway robbery for the Nets in this one.

Also, Nets want Bron so Montas contract wouldnt fit in there
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NO!!!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As Much As I Like Monta, His Contract Is To Big, So I Say No, But If Somehow Rod Thorn Read This And Did This Trade I Would Not Mind.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
As Much As I Like Monta, His Contract Is To Big, So I Say No, But If Somehow Rod Thorn Read This And Did This Trade I Would Not Mind.

As a Nets fan you would be stupid not to take this trade. Not only would this make the Nets substantially better, but it would give a huge safety Net for 2010. Not only do the "Brooklyn" Nets not have their flashy new stadium, the Knicks look a helluva lot more appealing right noe.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!

He's young... thats an awesome contract
Thumbs up
Devin and Monta on the same team

Nets:
Harris|Dooling
Ellis|CDR|Ager
Carter|Hayes|Simmons|Hassell
Boone|Anderson|Najera
Lopez|Williams

Trade VC for Wally World than draft blake griffen

I'm sure Stroshow4 would like this trade too..

Last edited by Nets fan 93 : 11-23-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather

As a Nets fan you would be stupid not to take this trade. Not only would this make the Nets substantially better, but it would give a huge safety Net for 2010. Not only do the "Brooklyn" Nets not have their flashy new stadium, the Knicks look a helluva lot more appealing right noe.
The Knicks are looking terrible for 2010. The chance that they get two big guys is not very good, and they don't have next years pick.

NJ is a great looking team even if they don't get rid of VC. IF they get lucky enough to get a #1 overall we can basically say bye to LeBron. This as a Cavs fan kills me but i'm not blind to the fact that they are looking good.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Highway robbery for the Nets in this one.

Also, Nets want Bron so Montas contract wouldnt fit in there

They still could get LeBron theoretically since they've turned down a Vince Carter deal for Wally Szcerbiak's expiring contract (rumor mill). I'm sure they would be able to "pawn" VC on another team w/ expirers.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather

That's exactly the perspective I'm coming from also. Just imagine how dreadful it would be for Jay-Z and the other Nets owners not to be able to sign King James or any other top name free agent in 2010, at least you have Monta/Devin backcourt to build around and that is very appealing.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #10
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lmfao i pray to god that this doesnt happen
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: