Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Better Prospect: Greg Oden vs. Joel Embiid

Oden and it's not ever close.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Before the Knee problems Oden was considered best Center Prospect since Shaq..

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    I think it speaks volumes when you are considered a better play than Kevin Durant by a lot of people, everybody knew KD would be how he is now, they expected Oden to be the next dominant center since Shaq but dudes knees gave out
    Not quite. There were some doubts about the position he will play. Too weak to defend PFs and strong SFs. Too slow for SG. Plus KD was mediocre his first season.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Not quite. There were some doubts about the position he will play. Too weak to defend PFs and strong SFs. Too slow for SG. Plus KD was mediocre his first season.
    yeah, i remember his comparison being rashard lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    I think it speaks volumes when you are considered a better play than Kevin Durant by a lot of people, everybody knew KD would be how he is now, they expected Oden to be the next dominant center since Shaq but dudes knees gave out
    Not really. I think plenty of people thought he might turn into an efficient high volume scorer like he is now, but I'm not sure many people thought he'd turn into a nearly ustoppable all-around force. Mostly because a lot of people were concerned with his lack of strength and what not. Or maybe a lot of people thought he could be a perennial All-Star and superstar for a few years, but I'm not sure many people thought he'd be a transcendent/generational talent.

I don't know...I just don't remember too many people thinking Durant would be this good. I know a lot thought he could/would be really, really good, though.

Anyway, from what I've seen of Embiid, the more and more I watch the more and more I can see why someone might think of him as a better prospect than Oden. He's so agile and quick for someone his size. He truly does have the makings of a legit, elite defensive anchor along with an already solid post game.