Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RP 4 lyfe

Default Re: [Chron] Rockets trade Batum and Get Greene and Dorsey

Donte Greene:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Another value pick. Lots of scouts compare him to Rashard Lewis. Greene is a perimeter shooter who lacks a position or real game right now, and I'm not sure how he fits on Memphis, which already has Rudy Gay. But the Grizzlies have been shopping this pick, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Greene wearing another hat later tonight.

Draft Projection: Lottery to mid first round

Similarities: Marvin Williams

Notes:

Averaged 18.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 2.1 steals and 4.3 blocks
    as a senior in 2006-07, helping Towson to a 32-6 record and to its second consecutive Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference and Baltimore Catholic League titles.

Positives: A long, athletic jump shooter who can play both the 3 and 4. Excellent midrange game. Has improved his 3-point shooting -- though it's still streaky. Has the ability to put the ball on the floor and take his man to the basket. Explosive leaper. Has turned into a leader on his team. Solid rebounder.

Negatives: Needs to add strength. A bit of a tweener right now. Poor decision making and shot selection. Doesn't always look like he knows what he's doing out there.

Summary: Versatile forward got off to a hot start for Syracuse. He cooled a bit in the second half of the season, but scouts are still high on his long-term prospects. While he still needs to refine his game, there's no questioning that he's one of the best talents in the draft. A potential lottery pick.

DORSEY:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Dorsey is a Ben Wallace clone -- a tough, physical rebounder and an explosive leaper and dunker. He's not a great offensive player and he can be inconsistent in his effort, but Dorsey is a good value pick here.

Draft Projection: Late first to early second

Similarities: Ben Wallace

Notes:

Positives: Dorsey is an incredibly strong low-post player with explosive athleticism. Can be a beast on the boards. Good offensive rebounder. Good shot-blocker. Physical defender.

Negatives: He's not much of an offensive threat. He's a bit undersized to play his natural position at center. He doesn't always play hard or committed. Teams worry about his motor.

Summary: Normally, players like Dorsey don't get a lot of love come draft time. But the similarties to Ben Wallace's game will give them a second look. He's not as good of a prospect as Big Ben because he doesn't have the same motor, but we expect to see him in a NBA uniform for a long time.

RP 4 lyfe

dorsey isnt chuck hayes.

he is a dunking beast. chuck hayes cant dunk to save his life

High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

So now we have Scola, hayes, Deke(?), Landry, Greene and Dorsey?

could of had CDR + Arthur...

hopefully the Rox can make the right decision and trade our expirers for an actual backup swingman

Darrel Arthur? Well... He fills a team need, that was supposed to be filled already by Kevin Love.

But he has a chance to become a good player and fits better than Greene, so I guess I won't add this to my "why Chris Wallace should burn in hell for the rest of eternity" list

Quote Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob

Greene is a tall SF.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    Greene:
    Tall, great 3 point shooter and mid range shooter, atheletic, poor ball handling, bad shot selection.

Dorsey:
    Dont know... maybe another chuck hayes.
    Greene sounds like someone we need, we lack both height and 3 point shooting.

Another Chuck hayes never hurts but I think he is taller than chuck and hopefully more offensively skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Greene sounds like someone we need, we lack both height and 3 point shooting.

Another Chuck hayes never hurts but I think he is taller than chuck and hopefully more offensively skilled.
    Seems like Dorsey will be our back up center.

Can Greene penertrate? i know **** all about him.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob

They needed to find a offensive backup to Shane Battier.........I think Green can fit that player, that's the player we needed.........size and athleticism, Green fits that bill.

With Dorsey they can put Chuck Hayes in a trade package (hopefully Luther Head) to try to get another guard.

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    Donte Greene:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Another value pick. Lots of scouts compare him to Rashard Lewis. Greene is a perimeter shooter who lacks a position or real game right now, and I'm not sure how he fits on Memphis, which already has Rudy Gay. But the Grizzlies have been shopping this pick, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Greene wearing another hat later tonight.

Draft Projection: Lottery to mid first round

Similarities: Marvin Williams

Notes:

Averaged 18.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 2.1 steals and 4.3 blocks
    as a senior in 2006-07, helping Towson to a 32-6 record and to its second consecutive Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference and Baltimore Catholic League titles.

Positives: A long, athletic jump shooter who can play both the 3 and 4. Excellent midrange game. Has improved his 3-point shooting -- though it's still streaky. Has the ability to put the ball on the floor and take his man to the basket. Explosive leaper. Has turned into a leader on his team. Solid rebounder.

Negatives: Needs to add strength. A bit of a tweener right now. Poor decision making and shot selection. Doesn't always look like he knows what he's doing out there.

Summary: Versatile forward got off to a hot start for Syracuse. He cooled a bit in the second half of the season, but scouts are still high on his long-term prospects. While he still needs to refine his game, there's no questioning that he's one of the best talents in the draft. A potential lottery pick.

DORSEY:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Dorsey is a Ben Wallace clone -- a tough, physical rebounder and an explosive leaper and dunker. He's not a great offensive player and he can be inconsistent in his effort, but Dorsey is a good value pick here.

Draft Projection: Late first to early second

Similarities: Ben Wallace

Notes:

Positives: Dorsey is an incredibly strong low-post player with explosive athleticism. Can be a beast on the boards. Good offensive rebounder. Good shot-blocker. Physical defender.

Negatives: He's not much of an offensive threat. He's a bit undersized to play his natural position at center. He doesn't always play hard or committed. Teams worry about his motor.

Summary: Normally, players like Dorsey don't get a lot of love come draft time. But the similarties to Ben Wallace's game will give them a second look. He's not as good of a prospect as Big Ben because he doesn't have the same motor, but we expect to see him in a NBA uniform for a long time.

Yea he's another Ben Wallace. I was getting ready to post that.

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    dorsey isnt chuck hayes.

he is a dunking beast. chuck hayes cant dunk to save his life

Lol, he was in a slam dunk contest one of his years in college. Thats really hard to believe.

Decent college freshman

Can Joey Dorsey be the next Maxiell????

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    Can Joey Dorsey be the next Maxiell????

Possibly, I'm kinda glad we got him though.

RP 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Q.E.C
    Lol, he was in a slam dunk contest one of his years in college. Thats really hard to believe.

but i rarely the chuckster dunk in game. all he does are those little layups. not saying it isnt effective. but he doesnt dunk like carl landry.