Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops


Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #166
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,011
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

he may not be a great player, but he sure did shut down this trade deal. i guess he's just wanting to go against the grain and piss cuban off.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #167
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26,893
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I don't blame Devean honestly. If you see players like Kidd unhappy for the Nets, and Carter and Jefferson don't look too happy rightnow, why would you want to be traded to the Nets who are obviously giong to try to rebuild after this year when you're playing for a top West team rightnow?

Because the team doesn't want you. And you get to showcase your talents on the Nets and get playing time, to try to earn your next contract. HE ASKED FOR A TRADE TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!

If i'm cuban, i tell George to "go home". period. He wouldn't play another minute for me ever. go home and rot and don't even think about asking for a sign and trade during the offseason. buh bye.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #168
BballFan422
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 333
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Because the team doesn't want you. And you get to showcase your talents on the Nets and get playing time, to try to earn your next contract. HE ASKED FOR A TRADE TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!

If i'm cuban, i tell George to "go home". period. He wouldn't play another minute for me ever. go home and rot and don't even think about asking for a sign and trade during the offseason. buh bye.

He asked for a trade but, he still holds the cards re: what's acceptable to him.

Whether you send him home or not, you still gotta pay him. And I'm sure he would file a grievance with the player's union and make Cuban look like a fool. Why would he need a sign and trade? He's a free agent. And if you sign him for more money, you probably won't be able to trade him anyway.

Their best bet is to try to negotiate with him or rework the deal w/o him.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #169
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26,893
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballFan422
He asked for a trade but, he still holds the cards re: what's acceptable to him.

Whether you send him home or not, you still gotta pay him. And I'm sure he would file a grievance with the player's union and make Cuban look like a fool. Why would he need a sign and trade? He's a free agent. And if you sign him for more money, you probably won't be able to trade him anyway.

Their best bet is to try to negotiate with him or rework the deal w/o him.

The whole point of stopping the trade was to keep his Bird rights. Bird rights only apply if team you are on wants to sign and trade you, or sign you for more money. You think Cuban will do either of those now? So in essence, George is keeping his Bird rights for no reason.

Of course, George CAN do this. He certaintly has the right to. But everyone else has the right to berate him and make his life miserable for the rest of his Dallas existence.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #170
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan
 
PejaNowitzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,807
Talking Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
The whole point of stopping the trade was to keep his Bird rights. Bird rights only apply if team you are on wants to sign and trade you, or sign you for more money. You think Cuban will do either of those now? So in essence, George is keeping his Bird rights for no reason.

Of course, George CAN do this. He certaintly has the right to. But everyone else has the right to berate him and make his life miserable for the rest of his Dallas existence.



In other words, just because you have a ***** card available does not mean that you should play it.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #171
ChrisConley
Local High School Star
 
ChrisConley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

don't know if someone else already thought of this, but maybe stern bribed him to use his clause. i mean in the interview with him, the reporter asked "why did you do this" point blank, and he totally avoided it saying he doesn't mind being the bad guy while looking out for his best interest. how is he looking out for his best interest? he doesn't say. stern did not want to deal with kidd going west before the all-star game (b/c then he's going to have to make up some new crazy rule and shake up the all-star game), so he has george hold out until after the all-star game. when the reporter was talking to george, it sounded like he was just holding it up temporarily to make sure everything was in order. it sounded like, he's definitely going to let the trade go thru, just not yet. why? b/c stern wants kidd to start for the east, where the fans voted him to start. boom!
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #172
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26,893
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
In other words, just because you have a ***** card available does not mean that you should play it.

Play what? It's not like George is benefitting. He's making himself look foolish and p-ssing off alot of people.

How is George "winning" by doing this? If i'm George, I go to NJ for two months, play hard and get my minutes, and try to earn a nice contract somewhere. On Dallas, a team that doesn't want him, he is not even going to play. Where is the logic? How are his Bird rights going to help him?

It's like a boss firing productive employees. You ask him, "Why did you do that"?. And he says "Because I can.". Just doesn't make sense, George is spiting himself.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #173
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan
 
PejaNowitzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,807
Talking Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Play what? It's not like George is benefitting. He's making himself look foolish and p-ssing off alot of people.

How is George "winning" by doing this? If i'm George, I go to NJ for two months, play hard and get my minutes, and try to earn a nice contract somewhere. On Dallas, a team that doesn't want him, he is not even going to play. Where is the logic? How are his Bird rights going to help him?

It's like a boss firing productive employees. You ask him, "Why did you do that"?. And he says "Because I can.". Just doesn't make sense, George is spiting himself.


Just because he has the ABILITY to block the trade, doesn't mean that he should do it, for many many reasons.


Is that better? The guy is not special nor talented enough to be pulling this bull**** and I could see a lot of team's basically blacklisting him in the future.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #174
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26,893
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
Just because he has the ABILITY to block the trade, doesn't mean that he should do it, for many many reasons.


Is that better? The guy is not special nor talented enough to be pulling this bull**** and I could see a lot of team's basically blacklisting him in the future.

So we agree?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #175
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26,893
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Just want to try something:

Hearts
Diamonds
Clubs
Spades

Oh, so you can write spades, I thought it was blocking it.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #176
BnchClearNBrawlR
Saw a basketball once
 
BnchClearNBrawlR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brawlsville, USA
Posts: 14
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Dear Mr(s). George:
The reason you have your "LARRY FREAKIN' BIRD RIGHTS" is because Dallas signed your SORRY BUM AS$ TO A 1 YEAR DEAL 2 YEARS IN A ROW. Interpretation-"WE DON'T HAVE TOO MUCH FAITH IN YOU AND IF WE CAN GET SOMEONE BETTER NEXT YEAR WE WILL". Do you think that we'll actually help you now? Sure you screw us now with this garbage but AFTER THIS SEASON you won't be in the NBA AGAIN ...EVEEEEERRRRRRR.

"EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS YOU EFFIN' DUMMY!!!!"
BnchClearNBrawlR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #177
Gundress
Banned
 
Gundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,742
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

WOW!!!!!

My brother told me that last night Dallas fans were booing at Devean George and they're shouting "We Want Kidd, We Want Kidd".
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #178
zadok
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
zadok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 144
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

My guess is this is a desperate attempt to stay in the league. If the trade goes through, maybe NJ lets him run for a couple of months and thanks him for his expiring contract. Or maybe they just cut him up front. It's probably going to backfire though, and niether team will want him next year.
zadok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #179
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,823
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Awesome, Van Horn might make some money for doing nothing. I'm very sure the next CBA is going to make sure these things don't happen anymore.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #180
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26,893
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

His agent is feeding him bad advice. His agent thinks he's smart in not giving away rights, but he's not looking at the bigger picture. George is pissing off two organizations, other players, and a whole league of fans that will boo him during home games. His Bird rights mean diddly squat.

Plus every GM in the league is watching thinking "WTF is George doing. Really? Denying a Kidd trade? Is this scrub worth the trouble?"
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy