Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #271
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Default Re: Riley did it again!

Riles is so underrated as a GM/President, I guess because he's a coach. But he makes great moves. He added the extra firepower they needed, and athletic type so that they can maybe keep up with the younger more athletic teams, where Posey and Walker were too old. Should Williams stay healthy, they should be able to get up the court because Haslem even is rather good in that dept. It all depends on Shaq staying healthy though when it comes to how far they can go.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #272
aj242
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Trade is official! Heat, Wolves swap Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Having those expiring contracts doesn't mean much if they're still going to be starting out the summer at $52 million.

Unless the salary cap jumps up to close to $70 million (which absolutely will not happen), the Heat won't have the money to make a real big splash unless a star takes a big paycut.

I don't even count the regular cap anymore really since more then 3/4 of league teams are never under it during a calendar year.

The real cap is the luxury cap. Which the Heat should be at least 12-15 million under. Much more flexibility.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #273
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Default Re: Trade is official! Heat, Wolves swap Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj242
I don't even count the regular cap anymore really since more then 3/4 of league teams are never under it during a calendar year.

The real cap is the luxury cap. Which the Heat should be at least 12-15 million under. Much more flexibility.
Do you know how anything works?

If you're over the cap, the only things with which you have to sign free agents are the MLE, LLE and minimum contracts. That gives a team nowhere near $12-15 million of flexibility.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #274
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Riley did it again!

Quote:
Go to h o o p s h y p e.com/salaries/miami.htm

That'll show you what I'm talking about.
My bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhoiberg
You guys are all fools.

This trade makes perfect sense for Minnesota. McHale is a moron, but not for the reasons you think.

Ricky and Blount had no purpose on the Timberwolves this season. They would have only served to get in the way of the younger, developing players behind them.

You do realize that Minnesota got a FIRST ROUND PICK for these two, right?

A FIRST ROUND PICK for MARK BLOUNT AND RICKY DAVIS?!

This is a good trade for both teams.
This trade kind of remind me of all that trades Isiah did that, that didn't brought nothing to the Knicks at that moment, (Jalen, Malik, Nzar), but all of them brought a 1st round pick, and we all know who those picks turn to be.

People are really short-sighted. Minnesota will still have a good cap situation next season, and in 2 seasons they will have again a good cap situation, now with a extra 1st round pick.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:50 PM   #275
aj242
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Do you know how anything works?

If you're over the cap, the only things with which you have to sign free agents are the MLE, LLE and minimum contracts. That gives a team nowhere near $12-15 million of flexibility.

I know how the cap works moron. You can do sign & trades & use your expirings to gives you flexibility all the way up to the Luxury tax Cap.

That is the true cap in the NBA.

If the Heat have 52 million comitted next year & the luxury cap was 67.5 million this year. The Heat would have 15 million in flexbility utilitzing the abvoe mentioned with the MLE & LLE.

That's assuming the Luxury cap stays where it is which it won't. It's more then likely will increase with league revenue.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #276
Diesel J
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease

they dont think about how bad of a defender ricky is

Ricky is actually one of the best perimeter defenders in the league...atleast he was a few years ago
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #277
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj242
I know how the cap works moron. You can do sign & trades & use your expirings to gives you flexibility all the way up to the Luxury tax Cap.

That is the true cap in the NBA.

If the Heat have 52 million comitted next year & the luxury cap was 67.5 million this year. The Heat would have 15 million in flexbility utilitzing the abvoe mentioned with the MLE & LLE.

That's assuming the Luxury cap stays where it is which it won't. It's more then likely will increase with league revenue.
They wouldn't be able to give nearly that entire $15 million in "flexibility" to one player, making it quite difficult to acquire another big star.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #278
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Ricky is actually one of the best perimeter defenders in the league...atleast he was a few years ago

At least in the passing lanes. And man on when he wants to be, though he's not all consistnet
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #279
wally_world
Very good NBA starter

T-Wolves officially the new team in D-League/WNBA?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #280
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

If they can find a good place to deal Walker and get a real veteran leader, then they should look like a decent rebuilding team.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #281
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Default Re: Heat & Wolves close to a deal(via ESPN).....

I kno i'm extremely late right ...BUT talk about how i called this sammme exact deal and some of u guys bashed me
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: