Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #766
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP

Default Re: 2018 Playoffs Round 2: (1) Toronto Raptors vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
None of that changes that you're still a bitch though.
I struck a nerve How mad are you right now?
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #767
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Default Re: 2018 Playoffs Round 2: (1) Toronto Raptors vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I struck a nerve How mad are you right now?
Only thing I'm mad about is my footy team taking a massive L last night.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #768
julizaver
Local High School Star

I was thinking that at some point the new players in Cavs will start clicking, and even think that at the end of the season, when Lue was absent and they have injuries to key players they play better ball. At the start of the postseason they've got everyone on the team and they struggled mightly. I watched almost all games vs Pacers and it looks like the Pacers were the better team. For big parts of the games Cavs looks lost. My point earlier is that with all players available the Cavs have a hell of bench. They could field an entire second unit composed of players who could start for any mediocre team. They can rotate heavily and got freshy legs from start to finish. Which is huge IMO.

Raptors were the better team in the regular season, but with Lebron on the team Cavs are not the underdogs their reg.season suggest. Lebron burned Pacers and he is yet to shows up against Raptors. The next game shall be do or die for Raptors if they are wanting something more. The problem with Cavs opponents (in the East) will be that besides Lebron you are not able to predict the other 1-2 players who will deliver, you've got 5-6 other players who can score and become hot.
julizaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #769
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP

Default Re: 2018 Playoffs East Semifinals GT: (1) Toronto Raptors vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkicks44
Not having homecourt advantage is going to hurt Cleveland.

It will be tough for the Cavs. LeBron is going to have to score 45+ every game for them to win.
Good call No idea how some people can't fathom how matchups work. Teams like Indiana, and especially Miami have the Cavs number. What would make you think the Raptors matchup well with the Cavs? They don't play physical, and they don't have a star. Indy has a star player, and a team of goons that play physical. Miami doesn't have a star, but they would had beaten the hell out of the Cavs in a long series. And I didn't like their odds going into next round without a bunch of injuries. People acted like I was crazy when I said Cavs would have easier time with Toronto
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #770
Uncle Drew
Hello, Twitter world

Honestly still have no idea how we won this game. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was in Toronto's favor. From home court, to rest (or lack thereof), to not being able to properly game plan and to top it of overtime. The Raptors must be godawful if they couldn't win this one. B-b-b-b-but our new offense. We shoot threes now.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #771
E_Stamkos
Friendliest Poster :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Honestly still have no idea how we won this game. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was in Toronto's favor. From home court, to rest (or lack thereof), to not being able to properly game plan and to top it of overtime. The Raptors must be godawful if they couldn't win this one. B-b-b-b-but our new offense. We shoot threes now.

Shooting 3's effectively has never been a contributor to this teams success this year. If anything, it's one of our weaknesses. Not sure where you're getting that from Drew.

That being said, the majority of your post is spot on.
Everything was leaning in our favour and we totally blew it. In a game where your opponent is operating on tired legs, on the road and their superstar is playing below par (as per his normal otherworldly standards), you gotta seal the deal.

Very dispiriting defeat.

Typical us...
E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #772
red1
raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
Shooting 3's effectively has never been a contributor to this teams success this year. If anything, it's one of our weaknesses. Not sure where you're getting that from Drew.

Everything was leaning in our favour and we totally blew it. In a game where your opponent is operating on tired legs, on the road and their superstar is playing below par (as per his normal otherworldly standards), you gotta seal the deal.

Very dispiriting defeat.

Typical us...
buckle up soldier. can't get any worse than what we just saw.

raps in 5 or 7
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:53 PM   #773
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

basketball brings out the worst in warriorfan. gets all emotional.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #774
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Nothing new really, just raptors being raptors again.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #775
Hey Yo
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Stamkos

Very dispiriting defeat.

Typical us...
Looks like Toronto could use Iron Mike Sharpe, aka "Canada's Greatest Athlete."
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #776
E_Stamkos
Friendliest Poster :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
buckle up soldier. can't get any worse than what we just saw.

raps in 5 or 7

E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #777
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
I know the term rent free gets overused here on ish, but I don't think there is a better term to describe the softies when it comes to them and Lebron. He literally owns these frauds' souls. Even after a 7 game series where the Pacers show that they can be beat by any Eastern team, they still play with fear and Lebron is still in their heads.. rent free.

This was the only year I thought Craptors could beat them. I leave them with a massive lead at home after the Cavs team went to a 7 game series, and I come back to see them lose in OT.

The only team he doesn’t own is Golden State
ChrisKreager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #778
SwayDizzle
Good college starter

trash brothers being trash
SwayDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #779
bullettooth
I don't flop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
The only team he doesn’t own is Golden State

And the Spurs.
bullettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:22 PM   #780
Proctor
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullettooth
And the Spurs.
Yep, Spurs use Lebron as a j1zz rag
Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: