Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #46
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Wade vs Pippen

why not makes this Kobe vs Pippen?

Wade is just comically under-rated here.

Prime Wade and prime Kobe are basically the same player in terms of impact. It's really preference...to pretend one is better than the other by any real gap is a joke.

So just make this Kobe vs Pippen then....both were better players than Pippen ever was.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #47
PJR
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
Right, because Jordan is some sort of God and no player can ever be compared to him.

30/5/8 on 57% TS (49% FG) with 2 steals can't touch Jordan?

Or 28/6/6 on 59% TS (50% FG) with 2 steals and a block in the playoffs, en route to winning a ring. Is that not Jordan-esque?

Word. Wade has absolutely had some Jordan-esque individual seasons and stretches. Like this can't even be denied. Don't see what's so funny.

For the life of me, I don't know what Wade has to do earn respect. The guy was a dominant individual performer in his prime, and has helped his team win multiple titles in multiple roles. What else does he have to do?
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #48
amenra27
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
Pip was a great player, but he's not able to elevate his game to the level of DWade in the 2006 Finals.

Wade when 100% healthy is pretty close to being as good as Kobe, some would say he's superior because of better shot selection or whatever.

This^
amenra27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #49
Dresta
A humble prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett
first of all it's "led".
secondly, i have no doubt pippen could "lead" an all-nba-1st-team center to the championship as well.
fuggin moron. Look at this fool trying to correct my grammar.

I quoted someone who said 'Aside from scoring, what does Prime Jordan do better than Pippen?'

'Does' is the present tense, so to say 'lead his team to a championship' is perfectly correct.

No, Pippen would not have had a chance in hell of beating that Mavericks team with Shaq playing as he was. Nor was he capable of putting up the 60% shooting that got the Heat past the Pistons.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #50
retaxis
Local High School Star

effectiveness on the court Wade was always better then Kobe and every non heat/laker fan knew it. Wade had better court vision, shared the ball more and attacked the rim better then anyone in the league. Flash was always better then 8-9 inefficient move sequence with a double pump fake kobe. Also Wade won as the man with Shaq where as Shaq had to carry Kobe. Thats all the facts we need to know about Wade. Lets not even put Pippen AKA plz defend so Michael can exert more energy on offense in the sentence as Wade.
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #51
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

It's really not difficult.

Need a championship first option? You go with Wade/Kobe.

Need a championship 2nd option? Go with Pippen.

I believe the first option guys are ultimately more valuable...etc. Plus I also think Wade/Kobe can play a pseudo 2nd option role greatly as well.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #52
red1
raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Prime Wade and prime Kobe are basically the same player in terms of impact. It's really preference...to pretend one is better than the other by any real gap is a joke.

So just make this Kobe vs Pippen then....both were better players than Pippen ever was.
This not even a debate. Even pippen himself will tell you in a heartbeat that wade is better
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #53
TheMarkMadsen
15x all nba legend

Quote:

We know you wanna talk Kobe for 20 pages but there was no reason to bring him in the discussion.

I almost chimed in with something Kobe related myself, but then I thought better of it
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #54
Mass Debator
Decent college freshman

Lol you all can debate as much as you want to but at the end of the day, Wade is ranked higher than Pippen so let's not lose sight of that.

Peak season
30.2 points vs 22
7.5 assists vs 5.6
5 rebounds vs 8.7
2.2 steals vs 2.9
1.3 blocks vs 0.8

That is the difference between a 30.4 PER and a 23.2 PER.

Only Chamberlain, Jordan, Lebron, D-Rob, and Shaq has had a higher efficiency rating and it's a difference of less than 1.5.

Wade is having a better year at age 32 than Pippen and his stock is only rising.

Pippen relied more on his athleticism than Wade is relying on his. He was a great ball-handler for his size and and a great defender but he is so overrated when it came to offense. Seemed like he only scored on fast breaks but those opportunities ceases in the playoffs and his performance decreases dramatically.

I've always thought Pippen gets vastly overrated these days. He's the greatest perimeter defender ever but with that said, people really use that line to prop him up in other places. The only point guards that he could guard are the slow ones or the tall ones. He didn't always guard the opponent's best player. Not even 50% of the time. He wasn't a better on-ball defender than the Glove or even Michael Jordan. Pippen was good or great in a lot of areas (especially in the versatility department) which makes him the greatest, but he wasn't head and shoulders above the rest at defense like people want to believe or made to believe. Wade is super good on defense too. Just a tier below Pippen but IMO, he's two tiers above Pippen on offense (especially when it counts).
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #55
OldSchoolBBall
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Waded never been able to duplicate what he did in the 06 Finals. Add to that, alot of people feel that is overrated.

Err, how about the entire '09 season? The '11 Finals?
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #56
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend

Quote:
It's really not difficult.

Need a championship first option? You go with Wade/Kobe.

Need a championship 2nd option? Go with Pippen.

I believe the first option guys are ultimately more valuable...etc. Plus I also think Wade/Kobe can play a pseudo 2nd option role greatly as well.

Not sure how this became a Kobe/Wade vs Pippen topic, but I agree w/ this. Pippen didn't have enough in his scoring arsenal to be considered a 'first option'.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #57
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
No, Pippen would not have had a chance in hell of beating that Mavericks team with Shaq playing as he was. Nor was he capable of putting up the 60% shooting that got the Heat past the Pistons.

yes he would.
put shaq on the 95 bulls and they win it too.
put pip on the 04 lakers instead of kobe and they win it too.
and his NOTHING to do with scoring ability.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #58
K Xerxes
Greatest

Lol people really overestimate what Wade did in that playoffs. It's like Shaq wasn't even there, even though he was still demanding double teams. The refs might have as well gift wrapped the free throw line and given it to Wade afterwards.
K Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #59
Solefade
College star

Wade is for sure the better player but he's just too injury prone. I think Pippen will have the better career when it's all said and done.
Solefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #60
Solefade
College star

Paul George comes to mind when I think of Pippen.
Solefade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: