Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Re: LeBron booed at the BET awards...

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    flip flops aren't corny! the greeks, romans and persians all used to wear them, and are they corny? i think not

not corny my ass

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

flip flops aren't corny! the greeks, romans and persians all used to wear them, and are they corny? i think not

i wear my flip flops mostly when it's warm or breezy outside. they are super-comfy.

also, they are convenient. when i'm running out the door to mail a well thought out letter to a friend, flip flops just make more sense
    lmao so you DO wear the flip flops haha its coo bro

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic DOG
    lol damn you caught some feelings there.

completely agree about the flip flops, its one of the corniest things white people do.

as far as sunglasses indoors, its a huge sign of insecurity. the reason jack nicholson wears them to laker games is because he's old and decrepit at this point and they show a closeup of his face 10 times a broadcast.

but seriously, i just dont get it. in the mall, at awards shows, at nightclubs, black people are always rocking sunglasses. what is with that. it's one thing to leave them on when you go inside after when you've been outside (tho i still think its cheesy) but going out at 9 at night and putting on sunglasses? lol WTF?

also it was a lighthearted joke but if you really wanna get defensive about it and say "when white people actually have a nice pair" i might counter with the fact that often white money is tied up in stocks and bonds and long-term assets, rather than sunglasses to wear at night and rims.
    So you are a prejudice ***** then? and your on a basketball forum thats prodomently talking about the NBA who are mostly black,and rich probably with stocks and bonds and long term assets and sunglasses and rims.And top it off you have George Clinton as your handle and he loves sunglasses,you love black culture dont you?admit it do you have identity crises do you know who you are?
    Last edited by T-bomb 25; 06-29-2009 at 03:48 AM.

also it was a lighthearted joke but if you really wanna get defensive about it and say "when white people actually have a nice pair" i might counter with the fact that often white money is tied up in stocks and bonds and long-term assets, rather than sunglasses to wear at night and rims.
    ZOMG Ouch

I rule the local playground RobertSwift31's Avatar

1. I didn't hear too many boos??

2. Anyone notice his buddy on stage wearing an I Love NY Shirt?

3. Pretty bad speech IMO

Local High School Star

i wear my flip flops mostly when it's warm or breezy outside. they are super-comfy.

also, they are convenient. when i'm running out the door to mail a well thought out letter to a friend, flip flops just make more sense
    Just because the Greeks,Romans,and Persians wore them doesent mean its cool,man feet is disgusting,women on the otherhand should be required to show their feet,so the hammer time can be avoided.
    Last edited by T-bomb 25; 06-29-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    Why don't we ask Jack Nicholson you bigot?
    doubt he does it for fassion.

lol damn you caught some feelings there.

completely agree about the flip flops, its one of the corniest things white people do.

as far as sunglasses indoors, its a huge sign of insecurity. the reason jack nicholson wears them to laker games is because he's old and decrepit at this point and they show a closeup of his face 10 times a broadcast.

but seriously, i just dont get it. in the mall, at awards shows, at nightclubs, black people are always rocking sunglasses. what is with that. it's one thing to leave them on when you go inside after when you've been outside (tho i still think its cheesy) but going out at 9 at night and putting on sunglasses? lol WTF?

The reason Jack wheres sunglasses indoors is the same reason LeBron or any other black person you are referring to does.....STYLE. They obviously think it looks good.....not because they don't want the camera to show their face or whatever...

And man, you have said some stupid ****. Wasn't it you talking slick in the MJ thread? Now your commenting on what black people spend their money on and trying to pass it on as fact? It's obvious you don't know any black people and haven't been around any so I'm going to let you in on something. The comments you make are ridiculous. Not only are they stupid and filled with stereotypes....but they are also wrong. Don't open your mouth if you don't know what you are talking about.

Since you want to pull the race card every chance you get....let's be real about something and get it out of the way. You aren't Black, yet you comment on our society claiming to have knowledge about it. By doing this in pure hater fashion, it actually makes you look like an idiot who actually wants to be Black.....maybe your just trying to figure yourself out or something idk....Am I right?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Lol nah I was jus playin. We talk bout it at my job. White people be like its a meal! and we be like its a side dish! Fun times I tell ya
    it can be had as a meal my ex used to make some baked kind that was good

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

obviously lebron has teh laz0rz beam thats why he needs the sunglasses

I eat macaroni and cheese (as a meal) while wearing flip flops and sunglasses in doors. At night.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    I eat macaroni and cheese (as a meal) while wearing flip flops and sunglasses in doors. At night.

My hero. *daps*

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Can one of our resident white people tell me why you guys wear flip flops any time any place during any season of the year?

Real question.

And black people aren't the only ones that wear shades in doors. White people do it too when they actually have a nice pair. See the MTV awards
    Flip flops are comfy.

and they look better then wearing bball shoes out in public.

I wear flip flops any time of year because I am from FL and I get hot really easily and I don't get cold easily at all. Also, most of the time here it is hot as ****, so it doesn't matter. And lastly, they are plain comfortable.

National High School Star

I love the artificial sense of segregation that these awards create and how condescending the whole idea is. "Can't win a Grammy? Here's a BET award. It's easier because the competition is smaller."