Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Kevin Love's chicken sh** face stomp tonight likely to draw suspension

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Kevin Love's chicken sh** face stomp tonight likely to draw suspension

Scola flops on the floor, gets stepped on. Why's everybody mad at the guy that stepped on him? That's the risk you take when you fall on the floor underneath the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Scola flops on the floor, gets stepped on. Why's everybody mad at the guy that stepped on him? That's the risk you take when you fall on the floor underneath the basket.

If every player starts stepping on floppers, NBA would be better.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    I do agree but Scola didn't flop on this play, he got hacked..

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Exactly, what i saw was Scola throwing himself to the ground twice, Blake Griffin style, in a 30 second span, it's not illogical to think he was looking for some stomping, some people are into weird things.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Exactly, what i saw was Scola throwing himself to the ground twice, Blake Griffin style, in a 30 second span, it's not illogical to think he was looking for some stomping, some people are into weird things.
    Luis Scola flops and it's "Blake Griffin style"?

The hate...

Default Re: Kevin Love stepped on Luis Scola. Overreact here.

@ thread title change

didn't look intentional....

Luis Scola flops and it's "Blake Griffin style"?

The hate...
    Are we seeing the same video?

0:10 throws himself to the ground on minimal contact.
    0:26 is fouled and the proceed to throw himself to the ground for no reason at all.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Stomp is too strong of a word. Clicking the link i was expecting Love to had trampled Scola's face to kingdom come because of that word. He stepped on his face. And it was done in more like a shrug off, get out of my way, dont flop again kind of fashion. Im a scola fan and dont mind his flopping. There is no way a big guy like him wouldnt have fallen if not on purpose.

Watching the courtside cam, it looked like scola held love's foot, but the camera angle below the rim tells otherwise and that scola was about to protect his face in anticipation of foot to face collision. I think Love lost his cool and Scola flat out got into his head.

It was a dirty play and the nba shouldnt be lenient about it. I'd imagine that behavior warrants some sort of fine or suspension. It wasnt a stomp though.... he stepped on his face.

EDIT: good job changing the title mods

Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Yea that didn't really look like he meant to do that, a suspension is fine you can't do that, but beyond that who cares it didn't look malicious, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    @ thread title change
    + the removal of posts

in the end though, i do think it was pretty dirty. it wasn't as bad as some make it seem. he half stepped on his chest and it was an act of frustration. if he's a repeat offender that isn't petty stuff and rumor mongering, i'd think twice, but for now, it's just a player that lost his cool. let's not act like this defines his career

EDIT: looked at it again and he did stomp his chin down i guess. still, people make it seem like he kicked him and put his full weight on his face and that just isn't the case. dirty, no doubt, but let's not crazy. it would probably be just a personal foul or a no call in the late 80s, early 90s, lol
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 02-05-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Are we seeing the same video?

0:10 throws himself to the ground on minimal contact.
    0:26 is fouled and the proceed to throw himself to the ground for no reason at all.
    Yeah. That's vintage Luis Scola. That's not "Blake Griffin style."

Yeah. That's vintage Luis Scola. That's not "Blake Griffin style."
    yep. legs can get tangled but no need to slam yourself to the floor to create a dramatic effect. still, love got frustrated and in today's league, you just can't have that. both were wrong but love made a stupid emotional decision that will probably cost him

griffin did try to flop against love as well so maybe it was built up over time. guys are crashing to the floor just to draw a foul on a great rebounder
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 02-05-2012 at 10:53 AM.