Page 120 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2070110117118119120121122123130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2487

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    On the first part...i don't think Scott is the worst coach but i consider him a once innovative coach whos refused to adapt and has turned into a dinosaur.

I get a little annoyed because none of the coaches have hired to cover their strength, Dantoni should have had a good defensive coordinator, no man is an island especially for coaches Kerr has a great Warriors staff overall even after Gentry has left, Mike Malone was a great assistant where he coached, Rivers had Thibodeau who did wonders as their defensive coordinator. Had Dantoni put more effort into defense and had a good defensive coordinator he could have been fine to have, it was similar with Brown though.

I totally agree there isnt enough investment in coaching honestly even Mitch a little and the front office act a bit outdated too not moving with the times.

Kerr isnt stubborn and has been adaptable noting I need and want the best supporting staff and that is the smart approach. My approach with this team would be hire a bright young coach and fill with experience, the Lakers arent financially struggling a young team needs a coach with conviction and imo youth but surrounded by experience would be my ideal. Make a young college coach an offer they can't refuse and so on, the teams not going anywhere rapid why not take a youthful approach for staffing and direction
    While I am aware that hiring young college coaches seem to be the in/bold concept right now, I would be extremely careful heading to that direction.
    Im still not convinced that Billy Donovan has done a great job yet, still the same one on one/iso plays imo.
    YOu then look at Dwane Casey has done at Toronto, Carlisle is considered a re-thread with past experiences in Detroit and Indiana, the Portland coach is ok too IMO. I still consider the old Del Harris doing a very good job here esp the pre-Shaq years....
    But I agree, Byron seems to have been stuck to his old brand which is sad cuz Eric Spoelstra who is ALSO a Riley disciple managed to adapt, even playing small ball using Shane Battier as a PF etc and worked.
    But going back to may point, it's not just the assistand coaches but the overall personnel, do they have the BEST trainers, nutritionist, scouts etc etc right now?
    Warriors did NOT STOP after winning the ring and hired Steve Nash as a special assistant. Who is nurturing the 3 young assets and are they the BEST at what they do?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    While I am aware that hiring young college coaches seem to be the in/bold concept right now, I would be extremely careful heading to that direction.
    Im still not convinced that Billy Donovan has done a great job yet, still the same one on one/iso plays imo.
    YOu then look at Dwane Casey has done at Toronto, Carlisle is considered a re-thread with past experiences in Detroit and Indiana, the Portland coach is ok too IMO. I still consider the old Del Harris doing a very good job here esp the pre-Shaq years....
    But I agree, Byron seems to have been stuck to his old brand which is sad cuz Eric Spoelstra who is ALSO a Riley disciple managed to adapt, even playing small ball using Shane Battier as a PF etc and worked.
    But going back to may point, it's not just the assistand coaches but the overall personnel, do they have the BEST trainers, nutritionist, scouts etc etc right now?
    Warriors did NOT STOP after winning the ring and hired Steve Nash as a special assistant. Who is nurturing the 3 young assets and are they the BEST at what they do?
    Whether college coaches are the in thing or not meh I can care less, it's a bold move that's needed whether that's a college coach or a young assistant, I'd much rather someone who is youthful even if lacking in experience that has modern thoughts on the game of basketball and ideally hasn't been out of the game that long or is young rather than a dinosaur who thinks it's my way or the highway (which the last two coaches well past one and current one are).

It's simply my opinion...if you don't progress or move forward then you'll stall and everyone else will overtake you, whether it's college or assistant the teams needs a fresh; new and young direction in my opinion that can help the younger players develop.
    For a young rebuilding team my ideal would have been Brad Stevens though he won't get fired (if only the Boston Celtics were that stupid ), he's a very good and bright young coach who if we can get someone like him then I'd be delighted but I doubt there will be another blueprint of him around anytime soon.
    On those coaches Stotts I don't mind he's done well at revamping Portland, Carlisle is a great coach and has been consistently underrated for years, Casey despite the record I don't rate very much (his rotations and ingame tactics have always perplexed me when I've watched Raptors games).

Quick wrap up to those questions...I highly doubt it and no they aren't doing enough...it's that simple there is not enough quality coaching especially for such a young team all around the organisation and it's due to incompetence and laziness of the front office and those in charge. The front office has gotten lazy in my opinion especially in the coaching and developing of the team department and it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Whether college coaches are the in thing or not meh I can care less, it's a bold move that's needed whether that's a college coach or a young assistant, I'd much rather someone who is youthful even if lacking in experience that has modern thoughts on the game of basketball and ideally hasn't been out of the game that long or is young rather than a dinosaur who thinks it's my way or the highway (which the last two coaches well past one and current one are).

It's simply my opinion...if you don't progress or move forward then you'll stall and everyone else will overtake you, whether it's college or assistant the teams needs a fresh; new and young direction in my opinion that can help the younger players develop.
    For a young rebuilding team my ideal would have been Brad Stevens though he won't get fired (if only the Boston Celtics were that stupid ), he's a very good and bright young coach who if we can get someone like him then I'd be delighted but I doubt there will be another blueprint of him around anytime soon.
    On those coaches Stotts I don't mind he's done well at revamping Portland, Carlisle is a great coach and has been consistently underrated for years, Casey despite the record I don't rate very much (his rotations and ingame tactics have always perplexed me when I've watched Raptors games).

Quick wrap up to those questions...I highly doubt it and no they aren't doing enough...it's that simple there is not enough quality coaching especially for such a young team all around the organisation and it's due to incompetence and laziness of the front office and those in charge. The front office has gotten lazy in my opinion especially in the coaching and developing of the team department and it's that simple.
    I am very conservative in terms of taking chances so I tend to go for safer alternatives. I however would want the Lakers to offer a bunch of money to Jeff Van Gundy to lure him away from ESPN and even offer Thibs as his Associate Head coach (I bet, he misses the competitiveness but not the rigors or pressure so getting Thibs as valuable help would be tempting IMO).
    if says no, I would focus my attention to Rick Pitino. I know getting fresh young mentors look appealing but I happen to be amazed at older ones who made it work, West hired Hubie Brown and he did wonders as Grizzlies coach, Del Harris too before the Shaq years at LA.
    Going back to Pitino, the guy have been great everywhere he went, except at Boston where he mishandled Chauncey Billups but his stint at Providence,NY, Kentucky, Louiville are just too much for me to ignore.
    For me, before talking about Noah or Harrison Barnes etc, I firmly believe hiring the best coach is the most important thing.

NBA lottery pick

I would think JVG would stay at ESPN over taking the Lakers job. Honestly it's not a great spot to be in right now. Maybe if they could lure a top FA and keep their top 3 pick this season.

While I agree with rookies earning their spots...Scotts decisions are just pathetic right now, giving Kobe free reign while reducing both development and opportunity for the rookies (Russell and Randle to progress)...consistency: let Kobe shoot everything then actually hold the rookies to playing standards and then excuse Kobe can do what he likes because hes "earnt the right to take dumb shots"...

Just plain dumb; at least hes leading the tanking well i guess

Home of the 16

Byron Scott's actually starting to piss me off now, it's late in 4th against Toronto & he benches Randle. 15/11. F*cking Byron.

They are clearly tanking for top 3 pick. It is obvious at this point.

I guess with the team we have, it is fine. Tanking is our best bet. We may win 20 games max regardless so what's the point? I don't feel like watching this team this season.. complete waste of my time.. It's time to quickly forget this season like the last 2 seasons.

I hope we can land the top 3 pick and part ways with Byron Scott because I am not sold on him effectively developing talent successfully. I also want the fool Jim Buss to hire a president of basketball operations rather than seeing him run this organization into the ground.

I think we can fight for playoff seed next year once Kobe is out the door and with a top 3 pick. We just need to get 1 starter from free agency or make our bench one of the top benches in the league.. I say Lakers should offer the max to Harrison Barnes - Warriors won't match the max offer.

NBA lottery pick

I agree with rooting for the team to keep that top 3 pick. I don't think Harrison Barnes is a max player though. That will certainly put any team in a tough financial position. The guy is averaging 13ppg and 5rpg. I don't see him being someone who could be a solid 2 or 3 option on a contender. He's more like a 5 or 6 option.

Remember though, warriors are stacked. Barnes doesn't get many chances with this squad. Imagine if he became a top 2 option on a team fighting for playoff spot?

Options ahead of Barnes:
    Steph Curry
    Klay Thompson
    Green

In the playoffs, Iguodala was ahead of Barnes.

I just want to see if Julius Randle can also be a top 2 options on a playoff team. I wouldn't mind building a team around Randle/Barnes with Russell/Clarkson and Lou Williams off the bench.

NBA lottery pick

Right now neither one of those guys looks like a top 2 option on a contender. I don't even think that sounds like a team with a shot at making the playoffs. Better hope for the #1 pick in the draft lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Right now neither one of those guys looks like a top 2 option on a contender. I don't even think that sounds like a team with a shot at making the playoffs. Better hope for the #1 pick in the draft lol.
    Agreed (unless you can get all 4 basically progressing together at a good rate) it may make the playoffs but I can't see it being a contender at all, unless you have a great coach and ideal ball movement like say the Spurs or Hawks.

Any of the top 5 are some pretty good prospects, if we got the 2nd or 3rd pick I'd be happy with Labissiere, though his college career hasn't set the world on fire underrate if you wish, he's looking a bit deer in the headlights at the moment and lacking confidence, if someone can get him angry and playing aggressive (while putting on weight) he's got all the tools to be a mix of a modern and back to the basket bigman. Needs the right coach though, which if it was Byron Scott I have no idea what'd happen . If he plays well, I think by the end of the year the Towns comparisons will be well founded but he's got to get more confident but Towns was a bit similar too to memory. He's fluid and a good mover, he's got a decent hook, but isn't the most naturally polished in the post but with the right mentoring (Oh hi Kareem...please) and some weight he's a good prospect. Though I can't see him touching Simmons at number 1 no matter how good his season (what can I say us Aussies are awesome ).

Overall there's some good prospects as long as the third pick is kept...then once Byron accomplishes his mission to tank (or he's just this bad at coaching) then who knows there's a solid platform there.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I agree with rooting for the team to keep that top 3 pick. I don't think Harrison Barnes is a max player though. That will certainly put any team in a tough financial position. The guy is averaging 13ppg and 5rpg. I don't see him being someone who could be a solid 2 or 3 option on a contender. He's more like a 5 or 6 option.
    He's definitely not on pure money or production value worthy of a maximum deal, but he's a good versatile player, and if you have a young team if say the team does get pick 2 and get's Labissiere (this is just arguments sake) then the main position to upgrade is at the small forward so if you want to fix that gap with a player that's still young and developing but probably will never be a star but a solid to good player then there's worse things to do. Then there's the scenario that maybe the team gets say Simmons, then interior defense becomes the priority (which between SF and C they're both needed but Hibbert's not the worst option). Barnes is more a fourth style option on offense on an ideal team, but if you have 3-4 young prospects if they develop ideally then that's all you need him to be (partly why I'd hope we get a good prospect this year), either way the team will need good veteran; unselfish leadership on the floor depending on who and what style of coach takes over from Scott (assuming he's just a stopgap). Though if the team is willing to eventually extend all the young players when they are RFA (and pay the luxury tax to keep basically a starting 5 of virtually all young promising players) then it can be a pretty decent position to be in, IF they are willing to pay the money to get a young core and keep it together (that's a risk but...everything's a risk)

I usually hit open layups

The reason the Lakers will not fire Byron Scott is because of political correctness. He is a terrible coach but the Laker organization will not fire him because they will be accused of being racist. Sorry guys, that is the harsh reality of it. Welcome to America 2015!!

NBA lottery pick

I think they don't fire him because he's helping them lose games. That's all Lakers fans can really hope for this season.

NBA lottery pick

I've seen the rumors about teams inquiring about Shabazz the past few days. It totally makes sense since the Timberwolves have a ton of wing players and he doesn't have a chance at cracking the lineup. Last season he did show that he could play too. This is the first time I've seen the Lakers were one of those teams looking into trading for him. http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ad/2015/12/09/
    I'm not sure who they could move to get him though. It's not like they're loaded with assets.