Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is better than Kevin Durant

Carmelo is a better offensive player than Kevin Durant, he has the most complete offensive arsenal next after Kobe. Like many posters have said he doesn't seem like he's even trying half the time, which is shame because he could be so much more. Those George Karl teams really underachieved how could you have Melo, Iverson, Nene, JR Smith, Camby and Kenyon Martin and not do more? Melo needs to commit to rebounding and defence while living up to his scoring potential to challenge for the MVP.

On the flip side there's nothing wrong with the way how Durant scores as long as he's effective. I agree he needs some more go to moves so that so that he can play be a better iso player. At 6'10 on the block he'd be a terror against most SF's. As to who's the better player I'd give a slight edge to Durant because he's done so much at such a young age and because I feel Melo has not truly lived up to his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Compare 27ppg and 15.5rpg on 63% to 23.6ppg on 36%. Not even remotely the same. Dwight turned the ball over way too much but that's due to fighting double and triple teams. Westbrook is a terrific slasher and can penetrate defenses like the best of them, there is no doubt about that, but when he was out there collapsing defenses rather than dishing it out to open players, he was forcing up layups and taking way too many ill advised shots. He practically jacked up just as many shots as the league's scoring champ the last two seasons. Actually he probably would have out shot Durant had he played all of game 2, which is insane. And if I'm not mistaken Westbrook was taking more shots than Durant in the 4th quarter. Westbrook's the PG on the team, as in facilitator and doesn't even dime out 5apg.

Does Westbrook deserve all the blame? Of course not, but he played like crap. That's not even debatable. Can't really say the same for Dwight performance.

And I was "just sayin'" as in "just sayin'" like a funny coincidence.
    What double and triple teams i'm pretty sure the Hawks gameplan was to not double him. The fact is the Magic won when Dwight didn't get the ball every single time he's a black hole. Westbrook needed to score for the Thunder because every one else including Durant was getting shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Carmelo is a better offensive player than Kevin Durant, he has the most complete offensive arsenal next after Kobe. Like many posters have said he doesn't seem like he's even trying half the time, which is shame because he could be so much more. Those George Karl teams really underachieved how could you have Melo, Iverson, Nene, JR Smith, Camby and Kenyon Martin and not do more? Melo needs to commit to rebounding and defence while living up to his scoring potential to challenge for the MVP.

On the flip side there's nothing wrong with the way how Durant scores as long as he's effective. I agree he needs some more go to moves so that so that he can play be a better iso player. At 6'10 on the block he'd be a terror against most SF's. As to who's the better player I'd give a slight edge to Durant because he's done so much at such a young age and because I feel Melo has not truly lived up to his potential.
    Those Nuggets teams did not underachive they were overrated

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    Nah, Durant's better. Deal with it.

They both just score, Durant leads the league in scoring. Enough said.
    this

/thread

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    What double and triple teams i'm pretty sure the Hawks gameplan was to not double him. The fact is the Magic won when Dwight didn't get the ball every single time he's a black hole. Westbrook needed to score for the Thunder because every one else including Durant was getting shut down.
    Actually you're right about the Hawks game plan. Dwight wasn't getting doubled nearly as often as I thought he was. But that was kinda outside my point.

Westbrook played outside his strengths all series long. Attacking the paint is his forte as is penetrating and dishing out. But instead, he was settling for way too many mid range jumpers and when he did attack, he was forcing it up into double teams. He's more than capable of hitting a mid range shot but when it's not falling he needs to stop taking them. He isn't a pure enough shooter where he should be trying to shoot himself out of a funk.

And you say the Thunder needed Westbrook to score. Well go look at the inconsistency Dwight's teammates were playing at and tell me Dwight's production hurt the Magic as much as Westbrook's inefficiency hurt the Thunder.

In the Magic's game 2 win, the shot distribution was one of the more balanced games of the series in terms of shot distribution with Dwight, Richardson, Jameer and Turk all shooting 12 or more attempts. Outside of Dwight shooting 75%, not ONE of those players even shot 30%. Pathetic. The TEAM ended up shooting 34.6% for the game, the lowest for either team the entire series.

Give me Durant over Melo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Give me Durant over Melo.
    When Melo knocks Bronze out of the playoffs, I will bump this.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Or better yet, when he knocks Durant out of the Finals. That would more appropriately fit the theme of the thread.

nba finals towel boy Kyle_korver's Avatar

Lol Knicks in the playoffs?

Melo is a useless turd, and a very poor leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_korver

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_korver

If they trade that piece of $hit. They might make the playoffs this year.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

You gotta get to the playoffs first.

Banned

Melo deserves his chance at saving Orlando. Hardcore sandbox wankers need story arc of their bum being in non-elite situation, but trying to reach it again and again...