Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James & Ben Wallace Vs 1 Silverback Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    A human would only have one chance of surviving an encounter with a male silverback. The silverback loses interest. if you get into contact with the creature you are done. They can run as fast as any human, are stronger than any 10 men combined. The human's only chance is that the Gorilla is at heart a fairly gentle creature.
    I highly highly doubt a Gorilla could even run as fast as a semi-decent sprinter

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    If it was actual true caged life or death, Either one would be able to beat the Silverback Gorilla solo.

Ever seen a big Gorilla strike ? All they do is rush you in a little shuffle and try to throw forearms. Gorillas as hand to hand combat gods is the silliest thing ever. A large professional athelete, or even a smaller professional fighter, would be able to make the silverback gorilla run away without much risk of injury or death.....if they chose to.

hand to hand combat with a Gorilla?.....yes the Gorilla doesn't practice with focus mitts....it doesn't need to.

Talk to me when you can grab a full grown man by his pants leg..and drag him like you were pulling a blanket... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-vp...eature=related

Gorilla would take an uppercut on the jaw then smack you with your own arm..

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtj5002
    Please make a video guide on youtube. We will play it at your funeral.
    There aren't any readily available silverback gorillas in the southern california area. The gorilla is faster and stronger, but that doesn't assure a victory - as LBJ is a prime example. Brains, tactics, maneuvers would allow me to win. The armbar, sleeper hold, gouging of the eyes would be enough. It wouldn't be as easy as a human but it would be done nonetheless. Plus it wouldn't know what to do or how to get out of it since it's never had someone do that to it before...just used to fighting other animals in the jungles who aren't as smart as a human. I'd probably piss on its carcass afterwards too

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    A human would only have one chance of surviving an encounter with a male silverback. The silverback loses interest. if you get into contact with the creature you are done. They can run as fast as any human, are stronger than any 10 men combined. The human's only chance is that the Gorilla is at heart a fairly gentle creature.
    I'd bet you your life savings against some of my bank account that if i ever encountered a silverback, it runs away. If it doesn't run away just off me charging it, I'll land a few well-placed shots sidestepping every thing it attempts, and it'll run. And at absolute worst I might walk away with a few scars or bruises, maybe some broken fingers.... but there is a zero percent chance any non-human primate on earth could take my life. Zero.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

you guys left it to me to 5-star this thread?

Decent college freshman

kobe

No weapons?
    In the jungle?
    The Gorilla of course. Is this even an argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Could you beat up the entire troop of Gorillas too?
    No. More than one completely takes away my advantage on knowing angles. 2 or 3, if I couldn't charge them or run them off, would probably be able to take me down, gripping my wrists and ankles, then clubbing me and killing me with deep puncture wounds from their fangs biting me.

But one of em ? A single silverback would not stand a chance unless I cowered or fell backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    No weapons?
    In the jungle?
    The Gorilla of course. Is this even an argument?
    Give either Ben Wallace or Lebron a 6 month camp learning sprawling, wrestling defense, striking and submissions, and no lone silverback on earth would have any chance to kill either man one on one. Man > beast, even without weapons, in almost all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    I'd bet you your life savings against some of my bank account that if i ever encountered a silverback, it runs away. If it doesn't run away just off me charging it, I'll land a few well-placed shots sidestepping every thing it attempts, and it'll run. And at absolute worst I might walk away with a few scars or bruises, maybe some broken fingers.... but there is a zero percent chance any non-human primate on earth could take my life. Zero.

forget the bet.........I'll pay YOU!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

You know how strong a Silverback Gorilla is? They would be torn apart.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

forget the bet.........I'll pay YOU!
    I really would love to do these types of shows for pay in a third world country. Just to show how futile animals much stronger and crazier than man are. A big, athletic man who understands the angles a gorilla attacks at, and understands the structure and limitations of range of motion on it's limbs, would easily be able to make the gorilla run everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You know how strong a Silverback Gorilla is? They would be torn apart.
    Only if the Gorilla can get the man of his back, cowering. And the methods that a gorilla charges in and tries to knock it's opponent down with are hilarious and have zero percent chance to take down any big athletic man with even a remedial knowledge of wrestling or MMA.

Bron Bron would probably just disappear on Wallace like he has on Wade. Wallace would distract it so Bron could use the spear, then turn and see the spear laying on the ground where Bron was standing.

Maybe if you throw in Jeff Van Gundy to hold the thing still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWqv5fNeosc

Michael Jordan of ISH

I'd be willing to bet my inheritance against $10 that 10 unarmed UFC fighters would all die before they took down a fully focused/ready to fight 500 lb silverback

Are you kidding me? Even if they pinned him down, he could literally just stand up and throw them off. How the hell are they going to injure him?