Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The guy most comparable to Kobe is Julius Erving

Your attempts at bias arguments ignoring all reason don't accomplish ANYTHING. Do you not understand that ignoring the truth does not change it or do anything except make you look like an idiot

National High School Star allball's Avatar

[QUOTE=bumpyknucks]I dont even know why Im bothering to respond...I
    Last edited by allball; 10-25-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

LOL @ eliteballer talking about "skills" -- typical Kobe fanatic tripe.

All those skills, and all he could do in the Finals is isolate at the top of the key, dribble around, and attack a set defense head on. Zero off the ball movement, zero flashes to weak spots in the zone, zero post ups, zero attacks from the wing, zero transition game, zero offensive putbacks. Same thing every play for 6 games. But yeah, he's tremendously "skilled." And we're supposed to value this skill over stuff like basketball IQ and decision making, which Kobe clearly doesn't have.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

All those skills, and all he could do in the Finals is isolate at the top of the key, dribble around, and attack a set defense head on. Zero off the ball movement, zero flashes to weak spots in the zone, zero post ups, zero attacks from the wing, zero transition game, zero offensive putbacks. Same thing every play for 6 games. But yeah, he's tremendously "skilled." And we're supposed to value this skill over stuff like basketball IQ and decision making, which Kobe clearly doesn't have.
    if you focus so much on what Kobe cant do then way do follow the guy from preseason to the finals not missing a game?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    if you focus so much on what Kobe cant do then way do follow the guy from preseason to the finals not missing a game?
    Because he's fun to watch, a great player (whom I can't stand), and I watch to see him eventually fail and look bad. I watch for the embarrassing head-shakes, jersey-popping, and "he can't hold me" comments to the crowd after he hits one shot out of his last 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

Game. Set. Match.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Game. Set. Match.
    I was under the impression Phil was the coach not Kobe? Funny thing is that same offense got us to the finals through 3 tough teams. The reason the triangle stopped working wasnt Kobe it was Lamar being a little girl out there and Pau not being able to consistently create shots.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KINGK
    Kobe=G.O.A.T
    He is the GOAT of collapsing in the finals.

shhhhhhh

I was under the impression Phil was the coach not Kobe? Funny thing is that same offense got us to the finals through 3 tough teams. The reason the triangle stopped working wasnt Kobe it was Lamar being a little girl out there and Pau not being able to consistently create shots.
    how do you type with your head so far up kobe's a*s? seriously it was a total team melt down... from the caoching staff and its rotations to the lousy effort given by the guys on the floor...kobe was as much a part of the collapse as anyone else

Local High School Star

Jordan shot horribly and his team still won in spite of his terrible play.

No one averaged more than him and no one had a higher PER.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ormances-Worst

Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers, 2004
    Lakers vs. Pistons -- Bryant's PER 14.2
    With his feud against Shaq escalating and the series getting away from the Lakers, Bryant began taking whatever shot struck him. Mostly, they struck the rim -- he shot 38.1 percent and had nearly as many turnovers (18) as assists (22) as Detroit romped in five games.

He had a PER less than what the average starter in the league had.

This message is hidden because TmacsRockets is on your ignore list.
    Unread Today, 06:25 PM

oh,yeah.
    Why are 9-year olds allowed to post here? Shouldn't there be some kind of age requirement?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    how do you type with your head so far up kobe's a*s? seriously it was a total team melt down... from the caoching staff and its rotations to the lousy effort given by the guys on the floor...kobe was as much a part of the collapse as anyone else
    Kobe was a part of it but not as big as Lamar who was not a threat at all. Any time there is any adversity Lamar dissapears. He might come back and play good when he thinks the team has no chance and the outcome is decided but when its actually needed he shirvels up like my balls in Alaska. Thats why he needs to be replaced. Funny thing is I predicted this exact result the day that Pau got traded to LA, said that it would be great until they hit adversity and then the true colors would show through.

Both coaches and players have to display the ability to adjust to the most current series. What "got LA to the finals" didn't matter.

The failure was shared. You can't dump it on Odom's doorstep.

Local High School Star

Yeah, he sucked in the 04 Finals. Though I never did understand why peope never give credit to the incredible D the Pistons played. That was one of the greatest defenses in history he played against.
    As well as in 2000 when he averaged 16 ppg on 36% and in 2001 he was terrible as well. He never once averaged more than 27 ppg in the finals and was always bad in the finals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Both coaches and players have to display the ability to adjust to the most current series. What "got LA to the finals" didn't matter.

The failure was shared. You can't dump it on Odom's doorstep.
    They tried to give Pau the rock...he was given at time 5,6,7 dribbles and couldnt score 1 v. 1 on PJ Brown or Leon Powe...granted Pau got his head into the game latter on though. Odom just did nothing but pass up open shots and suck. Maybe it all cant be dumped on Odom but he has a history of this bs and I still stand by the belief that this play defines Odom's career..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3oE1EktIB8
    Last edited by Younggrease; 10-25-2008 at 07:36 PM.