Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Empty Stats Love now leading his team to bottom 5 in the west

So he basically outplayed both Aldridge and Griffin within a week and Wolves still lost to the Clippers. I like seeing him in Minesota but i think he will leave them for sure.The team is just mediocre and he wants to win.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    So he basically outplayed both Aldridge and Griffin within a week and Wolves still lost to the Clippers. I like seeing him in Minesota but i think he will leave them for sure.The team is just mediocre and he wants to win.
    Look at other teams like Suns, Nuggets and Hawks, Love is a stat padder. He's ok losing as long as he pad up hi stats to fool people like you.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacquiao
    Look at other teams like Suns, Nuggets and Hawks, Love is a stat padder. He's ok losing as long as he pad up hi stats to fool people like you.
    plz just stop it.No one as talented as Love is, would like it to be remembered as a selfish statpadder.He knows that for him to be considered all time great by the end of his career he has to win and not inflate his personal stats.The guy just happens to be in a bad team and that's why he is leaving...Enough with the bs

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    people who doesnt realize that kg put up empty stats during his wolves years are morons. The guy missed the playoffs during his prime. Only when he forget about stats that he started winning. People overrate all around players so much and think that KG>>Dirk. LOL Sorry but dirks skill is more valuable than kg.
    Yep. KG played like a scared little you know what for YEARS. He was afraid to even get touched. He would NOT do anything but shoot jumpers.

Garnett was the definition of empty stats for years.

Banned

West just way too competitive for the Wolves to do damages now. KL needs to move on.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

The easiest way to counter this kind of argument is to pose the question, "what more is he supposed to do?"

What's he supposed to do? Actively try to have less impressive numbers so people can't criticize him of having empty stats? If he were averaging. 20 points and 8 rebounds, people probably wouldn't say anything. It's just that when you overachieve, but you happen to be on a bad team, that this "empty stats" argument comes up. Detractors may attempt to rebuttal this by saying, "yeah he gets his numbers, and I'm not saying he needs to score more or get more rebounds, I mean those numbers are pretty impressive. But he needs to do the intangibles to get his team over the hump. He needs to lead them to the next level, only then will he be a true superstar."

Ok, tell me SPECIFICALLY what he needs to do. Step by step, create a bullet point listing if you need to; tell me in a results-oriented way, WHAT HE SPECIFICALLY NEEDS TO DO, and what you SPECIFICALLY mean by doing the intangibles.

You can't. Because he can't. Because he's already doing everything.

I don't believe in concrete, black and white statements that are a catch-all for EVERY situation. I'll tell you what, there is a such thing as empty stats; it would apply for your run of the wing, flashy perimeter player who averages 18ppg, 4 assists, and 4 rebounds. Now that kind of player is putting up empty stats (assuming he were on a bad team, AND assuming he were the best player on said bad team [if he were merely a role player, then those numbers would be all-star level, as he's doing a hell of a lot to contribute, and presumably making life easier for the superstar of the team]).

What's the difference between my first argument with Love and this hypothetical perimeter player? The difference is the latter CAN put up better numbers (ok maybe not him specifically, but that archetype is capable of doing it). How many other power forwards are going to put up better numbers than what Love is averaging? Yeah a few, but more or less those numbers are the best we're going to get, specifically his rebounding. AS OPPOSED TO this flashy perimeter player putting up a measly 18ppg and only 4 assists on a bad team. There's PLENTY of room for improvement at that position.

That's the difference. There, I made my bi-monthly post. I'll be back in a month.
    Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-23-2013 at 05:36 PM.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

bump for Lebron's new teammate.

empty stats huh...