Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #31
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Is the media now turning on the Obama admin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Not partisan? That's a stretch, considering everything we're witnessing. Just because they don't come out and say it or don't officially support a certain party doesn't mean they're non partisan in actuality.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-ce...b_3278655.html

I think a little research would show that the IRS tends to investigate non-profit groups associated with the party out of power on a fairly regular basis. Liberal church groups were probed by the IRS during and after the 2004 election cycle if their pastors included references to failures of foreign policy decisions that led to the Iraq war. Also... church groups who engaged in non violent political demonstrations surrounding the war and social issues were targeted by the IRS.

The IRS was using the improper campaigning elements of the Political Activity Compliance Initiative to justify the investigations. Over 100 cases were investigated and not a single group lost non profit status despite nearly 40 undergoing extensive audits and lengthy reviews.

All Saints Episcopal Church in Los Angeles, a 125 year old church... was scrutinized to the point of being served a summons during a sunday service by the IRS demanding transcripts of sermons, detailed expense reports of costs associated with each service during the 11 months leading up to the 2004 election.

Oddly... once the election was over all went silent until just before the 2006 midterm election when the investigation was restarted. Nothing ever became of the investigation.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #32
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Answer the question. Does it actually surprise you that the head of a large organization "not know what is going on in his department?"

Because it happens fairly often.

That's a bullshit excuse though. These are elected officials in charge of these departments and all they can say they weren't aware of what was going on. So no, when it comes to members of government, I cannot say that I'm surprised as it should never have to be that way.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #33
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016 <3 Manaka

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i dont understand a word being said in this thread...
Jameerthefear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #34
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
That's a bullshit excuse though. These are elected officials in charge of these departments and all they can say they weren't aware of what was going on. So no, when it comes to members of government, I cannot say that I'm surprised as it should never have to be that way.

You're moving back into reasonableness here. Moving away from, it's impossible that they didn't know, so they are lying, to if they didn't know that's bad management.

I think a serious critique on competence can be made here, but like with Benghazi, they want to go for broke, and try for impeachment.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dan Carlin has his whole Common Sense episode on this, I highly suggest listening to it.
http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/csarchive
Show 253 - Probing the President

For those who don't know, Dan Carlin is a commentator and former journalist who I absolutely love to listen to... Wiki says
Quote:
Dan Carlin is an American political commentator, amateur historian, and podcaster. Once a professional radio host, Carlin eventually took his show to the Internet, and he now hosts two popular independent podcasts: Common Sense and Hardcore History.

I listened to everything of his I managed to get my hands on. You have to check that out, Hardcore History or Common Sense.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: