Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe 81

Default Re: Kobe 81

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Makes you really wonder how bad the other Lakers were... The Raptors managed to hold them to 33% shooting for the game... At the beginning of the second quarter, with Bryant on the bench, the Lakers went 1-11 with 4 turnovers. They managed to score only 3 points in the first 6 minutes of the quarter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    The 81 point game was great, but Kobe fan or not...everybody should know that the Raptors were the worst team at the time. The team had no defense at all.
    How many other players scored 81 points against the pathetic Raptors during that season?

What about 70 points? 60?

Lemme guess.....no other player jacked up as many shots as Kobe, right?

Go kill yourself. :rollingeyes:

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    How many other players scored 81 points against the pathetic Raptors during that season?

What about 70 points? 60?

Lemme guess.....no other player jacked up as many shots as Kobe, right?

Go kill yourself. :rollingeyes:

While Wilt gets praised for scoring 100 on 36-63 shooting, Kobe gets bombarded with hate on 28-46 shooting. Anything wrong with this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24

While Wilt gets praised for scoring 100 on 36-63 shooting, Kobe gets bombarded with hate on 28-46 shooting. Anything wrong with this?
    Not only that.....but Wilt STAYED in a BLOW-OUT game where his teammates were force-feeding him the ball just for the purpose of breaking the 100 point barrier.

Kobe's 81 came in a game where his team was getting their asses kicked for 2 1/2 quarters.

Kobe's 81 > Wilt's 100 > MJ's 69

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    Not only that.....but Wilt STAYED in a BLOW-OUT game where his teammates were force-feeding him the ball just for the purpose of breaking the 100 point barrier.

Kobe's 81 came in a game where his team was getting their asses kicked for 2 1/2 quarters.

Kobe's 81 > Wilt's 100 > MJ's 69
    Kobe's 62 in 3 has to be in there too.

Also, why did DRob and Shaq score as much as they did?
    Uh oh, because one chased the scoring title and the other got a birthday gift from his teammates.

But no one cares about that.

Why not, let's just take things away from Kobe, as always.

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay
    Also, why did DRob and Shaq score as much as they did?
    Uh oh, because one chased the scoring title and the other got a birthday gift from his teammates.

But no one cares about that.

Why not, let's just take things away from Kobe, as always.
    Kobe is ring-less. He would have never won any rings without Shaq. Wow, Horry is great, 7 damn rings! Don't forget that one!

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

I started watching the game and I was tired and it was late. After the first quarter I was like "well it isn't that interesting and it's the Raptors" so I went to bed thinking it was going to be a normal game.

Next morning I woke up and saw on t.v "Kobe 81 points coming up next" and I was like WTF!! Then I saw the interview and the highlights and was like why the fu*k did I have to miss it.

shhhhhhh

Kobe’s Teammates Lauded For Ability To Stay Out Of The Way
    LOS ANGELES--Kobe Bryant may have done the unthinkable Sunday night by scoring 81 points, but it would not have been possible without his teammates. Players like Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, and Smush Parker didn’t fill up the stat sheet, but they contributed to Kobe’s record-breaking night by passing the ball to him and then deftly getting out of his way.

“This is definitely a team accomplishment,” Bryant told reporters after the game. “It’s not easy getting out of the way like my teammates did. At one point I almost tripped over Smush Parker on my way down the court, but he was so quick that he just dove out of the way. He actually landed in the first row of seats. He had blood pouring down his face. Talk about a warrior. I’ll go to battle with that guy any day of the week.”

Bryant also cited Odom, who took only 7 shots in his quest to help Kobe reach his milestone.

“Lamar is a great teammate. I told him at the beginning of this season that he really needed to practice getting out of the way. And he has. I especially liked when he intercepted that pass from Luke [Walton] that was intended for Kwame Brown and sent it right over to me. Luke made a mistake passing that ball to Kwame, and Lamar stepped in and corrected it. But that’s how this team is. We’re constantly picking each other up.”

One play in particular epitomized the getting-out-of-the-way ability of Bryant’s teammates. During the fourth quarter, while the Lakers were staging their comeback, Bryant grabbed a defensive rebound and began dribbling down the court. Each member of the Lakers then simultaneously fell to the floor and curled up in the fetal position to make sure they didn’t interfere with Bryant’s fast break. The result of the play? A two-point slam dunk.

Said Luke Walton: “That’s just teamwork right there. We just wanted to make sure we were not in his path to the basket, and also make sure he didn’t get any stupid ideas to pass it to us. We don’t want the ball. Seriously, everyone here knows we are better off just deferring to Kobe in those situations. In fact, if he starts trying to distribute the ball more often, I’m asking for a trade. I’m here to win a championship, not miss shots.”

In the past, Bryant has been criticized for his failure to get his teammates involved. Many critics say that he will never reach the level of Michael Jordan, simply because he can’t make those around him better.

Coach Phil Jackson, however, has asked Bryant not to change a thing.

“I coached both Kobe and MJ, and I know what each player can do. Who would you rather have shooting the ball, Kobe or somebody named Smush Parker? How about Devean George? Exactly. These guys are very, very good at not shooting the ball, and we want to put them in a position to exploits those talents. That’s why I’m such a great coach. I know how to get the most out of my players, or in this case, the least.”

But Kobe has bigger goals than winning a scoring title or breaking individual records. He wants to bring another championship to LA, and he’s made it clear that he can’t do it without his teammates.

“Obviously my number one goal is to win a championship,” he said. “The reward is so great. I’ll get to say that I brought yet another championship to the fans of LA, and my teammates get to say that they stood aside and watched the whole thing. They’re going to be witnesses to history! Talk about being in an elite club. They ’ll be right up there with Jack Nicholson and Diane Cannon.”

To show his appreciation after Sunday’s game, Bryant bought each of this teammates a brand new Rolex watch. The expensive, top-of-the-line time pieces were engraved with each player’s name and a personal message from Kobe: “Stay out of my way – KB”
    http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives...mates_full.htm

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    The 81 point game was overrated. The Raptors didn't play defense in that game, giving up many shots.

Don't believe me?

Kobe Bryant 81 point game "prophecy of the phantom defense"

Sure, but also take a look at who made the video. That mfer is the biggest Kobe ***** I've come across on the net, god help him.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Who'sKobe
    Sure, but also take a look at who made the video. That mfer is the biggest Kobe ***** I've come across on the net, god help him.
    i watched the video up to ten points... the guy has no idea what a contested or uncontested shot is...period, the guy who made the video is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    that's NOT funny !! that's very very sad (for us Laker fans).
    It's that very reason why us Laker fans have continuing debate, amongst us, regarding how much shooting Kobe should undertake.
    It's funny to me...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    i watched the video up to ten points... the guy has no idea what a contested or uncontested shot is...period, the guy who made the video is an idiot

It's not just this video that makes him an idiot, he recently made 2 videos drunk, discussing about how much he hates Kobe.

The guy is insane.

Superstar

@ Crawford's 52 being more impressive than Kobe's 81.

I like the people that say "Oh look, he did it against the Raptors"...if its so easy, then why out of all the horrible teams throughout history and great players there was, 80+ wasn't done too many times?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    Kobe's 62 in 3 has to be in there too.
    You're right. Actually think that was more impressive than his 81. Had he played the 4th, Kobe could've scored 90 pts in that game.

Kobe's 62 in 3 > Kobe's 81 > Wilt's 100 > Kobe's 56 in 3 > MJ's 69