Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TMAC workout

Milkman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You guys say his form bad, whats bad for his back etc etc and he had a professional/certified trainer on hand. I can see if Tmac taped himself, but he was with a trainer. Guess he is clueless or retarded to not see what others have?
    dont you know? all the kids here are pros with 40" verts and bench 30000 pounds. they know more than a pro trainer geeeeez

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    even if it isnt the source of his back problems which i doubt it is it isnt a good way to be training. and he defiently was banging it off his chest the last set they showed him doing on bench. that isnt good for you.
    Do you understand that that was a high-level professional trainer with him? The bar wasn't banging into him, if it was he would at least show signs of pain or something. Some of you ought to learn a bit about weight training before you try to comment on this.

You sure you cant injure your back bench pressing?

How much is Tmac putting up? Anyone got a good guess?

I am obsessed with demonizing Kobe

That looks like 225 lbs. Two 45's on each side. And yes, you can hurt your back doing bench press. If you arch your back and use it enough, you can hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA AAP
    That looks like 225 lbs. Two 45's on each side. And yes, you can hurt your back doing bench press. If you arch your back and use it enough, you can hurt it.
    Thats what I thought, both at the weight & back.

I fcked my back up when i first started lifting. I was cocky and threw on some heavy weight, i got it up then as i struggled started arching my back to help give me leverage to throw it up. And i payed for it...back was hurt for a week and 1 half. I didnt know how often i used my back until it was hurt and started doing shit. Bad pain.

You still workin out?

Banned

^ Set you back a week and a half? you must be getting up there in age, eh Gobb? most young kids can recoup from an injury like that in mere days.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
    ^ Set you back a week and a half? you must be getting up there in age, eh Gobb? most young kids can recoup from an injury like that in mere days.
    Back injury?? Are you sure? I still worked out...but there was the naggin pain. Back injuries are no joke. You never experienced one lifting.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Do you understand that that was a high-level professional trainer with him? The bar wasn't banging into him, if it was he would at least show signs of pain or something. Some of you ought to learn a bit about weight training before you try to comment on this.
    I'm a certified personal trainer. His form was bad and that trainer should be embarassed that he would let one of his clients use form like that. That clip of him doing dumbbell curls is a perfect example of what not to do. He was swinging his hips and back and his elbows were bouncing on each rep. As for his bench press form, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either, he did let the bar shouldn't really hit your chest with any force at all.

I find it funny that some guys that is member of ISH is saying that Tracy is training wrong. He got a pro with him that know what he is doing. The Rockets does not hire a trainer from the streets becaus he got more muscle then the avg. guy. The personal trainer know what he is doing.

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

For the guy who said that no one can call T-mac lazy from now on.. you're sorely mistaken.

Even Vince lifts as much, if not more, but he isn't known to have a strong work ethic.

Basically, T-mac gets this rep from not putting in full effort during court, and not using the proper combination of BRAINS, DEFENSE, and his full talent. Yet he'z so talented he can put up the insane numbers, though he can do soo much more.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Thats what I thought, both at the weight & back.

I fcked my back up when i first started lifting. I was cocky and threw on some heavy weight, i got it up then as i struggled started arching my back to help give me leverage to throw it up. And i payed for it...back was hurt for a week and 1 half. I didnt know how often i used my back until it was hurt and started doing shit. Bad pain.

You still workin out?
    Not as much as I initially planned...but I'm getting more consistent as the weeks go by.

The best way to increase max bench, IMO and past experiences, is by not doing max bench every week. I'd recommend once every other week or once every three weeks. On the weeks you aren't doing max bench, I'd focus on incline bench and triceps. Having equally great workouts for back and biceps are important for max bench as well.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore HoustonRockets87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    I find it funny that some guys that is member of ISH is saying that Tracy is training wrong. He got a pro with him that know what he is doing. The Rockets does not hire a trainer from the streets becaus he got more muscle then the avg. guy. The personal trainer know what he is doing.
    first off that isnt the rockets trainer. that's tmac's personal trainer. second- every personal trainer doesn't know exactly what he is doing. being a personal trainer just means youve gone through classes and gotten a license to train. not every personal trainer has the same philosophies. Every personal trainer and strength coach that I've been around would say that his form was horrendous. They would make him lower the weight to a weight where he could keep a proper form without bouncing the bar off his chest on bench or putting his back into curls. If 99 strength coaches and PTs say his form is bad but one person says i's okay, does that make the 1 guy automatically right, since he's a "professional".

I don't get picked last at the park anymore HoustonRockets87's Avatar

[quote]Wayne Hall, who has been T-Mac

not every personal trainer has the same philosophies.
    Exactly. And if you watch personal trainers lift, a lot of them don't practice what they preach.

Banned

lol @ aap the fat ***** pretending he works out.