Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Marvel or DC?

Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Marvel or DC?

Can't stand the cheese and comedy in Marvel movies thats why i only enjoyed the first Iron Man and The Winter Soldier and maybe i can squeeze GOTG in there cause the humor worked here. The rest of the movies are just meh. I like a bit of humor here and there but Marvel movies are just cheese. Saw a clip of Age of Ultron and Ultron made an omelette joke. An omelette joke? I know since its created by Tony its probably gonna have some of his cockiness but an omelette joke? Fuck this kiddy shit man. And outside of Loki the villains were shit. Always a swarm of some nameless robots/aliens.

Thats why i enjoy the more mature themes that are explored in DC. For example BvS and how would people react if an Alien came down from the sky and started flying around. Villains are more interesting and have a face.

If you have kids go see Marvel if you like more grounded mature stuff go see DC.
    Last edited by CAAIDN; 04-20-2015 at 05:30 AM.

Batman is the most popular superhero throughout the world.
    Spider man has better sales, because kids usualy buy stuff like spiderman pencils, backpacks and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    You don't like Darkseid or Brainiac?
    I like them and Doomsday too. Just don't find them that interesting.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Saying Batman is the most popular superhero in the world is just someone's perception in their own head. Because actual most recent data 4 months ago shows he isn't by a mile.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I like them and Doomsday too. Just don't find them that interesting.
    Doomsday is awesome. Wish that ****er had finished the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Rose
    Saying Batman is the most popular superhero in the world is just someone's perception in their own head. Because actual most recent data 4 months ago shows he isn't by a mile.
    Being #2 isn't too shabby. Top 3 no doubt with Superman and Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Yeah, my bad, he's on the same level as batman/superman.
    Still, DC has two giants vs. one.

We can compare the popularities of all of them:
    Batman > Spiderman
    Superman > Hulk
    Flash = Iron man
    Wonder Woman < Wolverine
    Green Lantern = Daredevil
    And after that, DC just dominates the competition with Aquaman, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Catwoman, Shazam, Cyborg.
    Can't believe you left out Captain America and Thor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Can't believe you left out Captain America and Thor
    I was never big on Captain America but Thor was a favorite for the comics. I can remember getting the giant comics compilation volumes out of the library, always took Thor before anyone else not named Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Even villains.

The Joker, Lex Luthor, Scarecrow, Sinestro, Bane, R'as al Ghul, Deathstroke, Doomsday, Penguin, Mr.Freeze and so many others vs magneto, green goblin, dr. doom, red skull, venom, loki, apocalypse and then what? sabertooth?
    You could argue that Batman alone has villains as interesting as marvel's whole universe

Galactus

Thanos

Onslaught

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAAIDN
    Can't stand the cheese and comedy in Marvel movies thats why i only enjoyed the first Iron Man and The Winter Soldier and maybe i can squeeze GOTG in there cause the humor worked here. The rest of the movies are just meh. I like a bit of humor here and there but Marvel movies are just cheese. Saw a clip of Age of Ultron and Ultron made an omelette joke. An omelette joke? I know since its created by Tony its probably gonna have some of his cockiness but an omelette joke? Fuck this kiddy shit man. And outside of Loki the villains were shit. Always a swarm of some nameless robots/aliens.

Thats why i enjoy the more mature themes that are explored in DC. For example BvS and how would people react if an Alien came down from the sky and started flying around. Villains are more interesting and have a face.

If you have kids go see Marvel if you like more grounded mature stuff go see DC.
    Watch Daredevil the TV show. It has a different tone from the rest of the Marvel TV shows/movies. It's dark and gritty. It kicks ass. It's like a crime drama with Daredevil in it. It's probably one of the best shows to watch out there period, let alone the best superhero TV show.

But you didn't like the Red Skull or the Winter Soldier in the Cap movies? I thought those villains were pretty cool. Anyway, Marvel dropped the ball with the villains a lot. They killed the Mandarin...(wow). But good thing is that they might retry it and do it right. It's kind'a hard to mess up Thanos and Ultron tho, so Marvel should start getting better villains soon.

They still have some other villains that they could do. They could still do Kang, Norman Osborn since Spidy is in the Marvel universe, and Korvac maybe? I just hope they could do World War Hulk. That was a badass arc.