Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Why James Harden is the Most VALUABLE Player

Would be a travesty if Curry doesn't win.

- mad OKC fan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    How exactly does the postseason and field goal percentage correlate to winning a regular season MVP? Wins and value added to your team is what matters the most. Without Harden this team would be in the hunt for Karl Anthony-Towns and Jahlil Okafor.
    People have yet to explain to me how basic shooting percentages relate to the Most VALUABLE Player. Winning and value is what matters the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Does it still take him out the MVP race though? He's still been putting up big numbers and they're resulting in wins. Again, look at the picture in the OP. Jones, probably our 3rd player when healthy has missed 40+ games. Howard, our 2nd best player, has missed close to 40. Beverley, the starting pg, has missed close to 20. So many injuries to key players on the Rockets and they've still won 50 games with 9 more left. You were one of those guys who said they wouldn't even make the playoffs. You said they'd be lucky

You still think Harden's defense is BAD? It's definitely improved. I'd say it's average, but it's for sure not at all bad. People are still living in that same old narrative. Also, where did I say his cast was shit. Stop twisting my words. I said the cast around him is actually good. Smh.
    Yes it does. Curry is actually having an unprecedented season, and his team's success is completely predicated on it. You know what kind of impact making 3.5 3s a game on 43% has (while running a dominant offense, no less)? More than Harden. The fact Curry isn't playing that many minutes because he's blowing teams out the gym shouldn't be held against him, and in every other respect he's better than Harden. Better player, better team - i really don't see what grounds your argument has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Yes it does. Curry is actually having an unprecedented season, and his team's success is completely predicated on it. You know what kind of impact making 3.5 3s a game on 43% has (while running a dominant offense, no less)? More than Harden. The fact Curry isn't playing that many minutes because he's blowing teams out the gym shouldn't be held against him, and in every other respect he's better than Harden. Better player, better team - i really don't see what grounds your argument has.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

he shoot 44%,and if they didn't give him so many calls his fg will have been 41% ,he is lucky he got all this superstars calls,the defence can't play good defence against guys that always gifted fts ...

curry for mvp

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Have you guys changed your mind about Harden?