Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default "Fans know nothing about basketball" - Barkley.. Dude is correct

http://youtu.be/Hucuugxging?t=1m40s

I mean, Im pretty sure that at least 99% of the posters know shit about the real basketball, cause all you can do is to compare players, when you, freaking dumbasses, do not even include who coached a guy

I would sincerely like to know if there is at least one guy with who I could have a solid discussion about plays, strategies, situations etc.

Default Re: "Fans know nothing about basketball" - Barkley.. Dude is correct

Mike D'Antony.

I usually hit open layups USABall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic

I mean, Im pretty sure that at least 99% of the posters know shit about the real basketball, cause all you can do is to compare players, when you, freaking dumbasses, do not even include who coached a guy

I would sincerely like to know if there is at least one guy with who I could have a solid discussion about plays, strategies, situations etc.

I wish there was more discussion about that, especially by people older than me who got to see the strategy of past players and systems.
    Last edited by USABall; 12-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.

: that just nice way say that realgm fan dont not know a shits about basketballs . barkley know that forums full retarts with none brain . i FK** GUARANTEE TO YOU that barkley is member to these forums. and i have suspicion that person is.. so dont fk** say that insidehoop dont nokw what your talk about becuse it probably fk ** barkley that make some thhese thred man . dont EVER compare to us to earlgm or i well punch your fk** face

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo
    : that just nice way say that realgm fan dont not know a shits about basketballs . barkley know that forums full retarts with none brain . i FK** GUARANTEE TO YOU that barkley is member to these forums. and i have suspicion that person is.. so dont fk** say that insidehoop dont nokw what your talk about becuse it probably fk ** barkley that make some thhese thred man . dont EVER compare to us to earlgm or i well punch your fk** face
    point taken point taken.

i dont think there is man, you're just that much smarter than everybody else on the board

i dont know why you even waste your precious time on us plebs

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i dont think there is man, you're just that much smarter than everybody else on the board

i dont know why you even waste your precious time on us plebs

Ironic or not, but you clearly dont know me.

Looking at the nba forum, the only things that are interesting are awesome old highlights or someones comments on players I havent seen play. Thats it.
    rest is BS.
    Thats where from all my generalizations come from.

Looking at the nba forum, the only things that are interesting are awesome old highlights or someones comments on players I havent seen play. Thats it.
    rest is BS.
    why dont you make some interesting threads then?

there are plnety of good posters, particlarly in the game threads, that like to talk strategy, and the finer nuances of the game.

raep tiem

there are plnety of good posters, particlarly in the game threads, that like to talk strategy, and the finer nuances of the game.

rest is BS.
    Tell us again how awesome you are....

I did.. lemme find some examples.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=293614

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=316538 (had millions of those threads)

Maan still searching for the real life play with pics thread that I made years ago..

No search function...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310301 (this one was a good one but I failed with some mistakes)

Heh, no wonder you're European. American fans do love basketball, but their approach is way too individualistic to be willing to talk about strategies. Here, let me paste here the Yahoo headlines from each of yesterday's games:

-Hamilton's late 3s lift Nuggets by 76ers
    -Irving bounces back as Cavs top Clippers
    -Jennings helps Pistons win fourth in row
    -James' 14 rebounds help Heat down Wolves
    -Thompson has 30 as Warriors beat Memphis
    -Lopez scores 32 as Nets beat Bucks 90-82
    -Pacers snap 11-game skid to Spurs
    -Cousins, Thomas help Kings end skid at 6
    -Mavs beat Blazers on Ellis' hoop at :00

Compare this to the headlines from reports from the last Euroleague games:

-Partizan muscles to stay-alive victory against Budivelnik
    -Fenerbahce Ulker tightens its grip on first place with win in Moscow
    -Barcelona's gets fifth straight win and revenge against Nanterre
    -Real Madrid clinched top spot in Group B with win in Milan
    -Strasbourg beats Zalgiris on Campbell's buzzer-beater
    -Furious Bamberg rally downs Efes in Istanbul
    -Viggiano does it again, lifts Montepaschi past Zielona Gora
    -Galatasaray Liv Hospital wins, grabs Top 16 spot
    -Undefeated Olympiacos outlasts Munich in high-scoring thriller
    -Maccabi escapes late to reach Top 16 and lead group!
    -Laboral Kutxa lands in Top 16 after dropping L. Rytas
    -Panathinaikos KOs Zvezda, breaks into Top 16

Note how the only time Yahoo isn't concentrated on an individual is when it's talking about 2 of the best teams in the league and the only times Euroleague is concentrated on an individual concern 2 of the weakest EL teams.

That's not to say that per average Europeans love basketball more (or even equally), but they will be more able and willing to talk about strategies and realize why they do or don't work. Europeans only care about their team playing well and winning, they don't care much if their favorite players perform great but the team doesn't.

I agree with Barkley 100%. But it goes beyond basketball. Humans are so limited in the information that they have on any given subject, not to mention the limited human IQ which can only evaluate and put together a limited amount of facts, that's nothing compared to the whole big picture and reality. Yet everybody on the internet talk about everything as if they were experts. Even on things that they just heard about for the first time.

2 of those 3 had nothing to do with strategy, and the one that did might have been good had it made any sense, or had the requisite detail.

i dont know where you got this sense of entitlement from

maybe if you got your head out of your ass, you'd see there are some really knowledgeable posters on the board

Banned

Are we really gonna ignore the RealGM mention?