Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kendrick Perkins Beast Mode

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    1 point, 0 rebounds, 16 minutes.

Starting center, 9 million per year.

We ain't worthy doe

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Perkins is +0.8 on-off last year. Ibaka = -0.2. Perkins > Ibaka. Deal with it.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Durant is an elite level scorer, but Perkins is an elite level defender and as we all know Defense wins championships. That's why Perkins has 2 rings (Gets credit for 2010) and Durant has none. That's why I think Perkins is the Thunder's MVP so far this season.
    The Thunder would just be a first round folder without GOATkins. They never reached WCF or the Finals without him. That hard screen setting and dat leadership does wonders. And he stops other team from scoring with his intimidating size.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

For real tho, Perkins in Beast Mode would be something like 5 points 5 rebounds and a block

Perkins is +0.8 on-off last year. Ibaka = -0.2. Perkins > Ibaka. Deal with it.
    Can't argue with this logic. It's official, Perkins > Ibaka.

Durant is an elite level scorer, but Perkins is an elite level defender and as we all know Defense wins championships. That's why Perkins has 2 rings (Gets credit for 2010) and Durant has none. That's why I think Perkins is the Thunder's MVP so far this season.
    Not to mention the his insane close-out ability. You see the way he was closing out tonight? Its like time speeds up for everyone except perkins. Unreal skill and talent displayed by perk tonight, I really don't see why so many hate on him. He is worth every cent

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Not to mention the his insane close-out ability. You see the way he was closing out tonight? Its like time speeds up for everyone except perkins. Unreal skill and talent displayed by perk tonight, I really don't see why so many hate on him. He is worth every cent
    Agreed

Stats not good enough, not efficient..
    No good for my dork fantasy shit derp

He held Chuck Hayes to 6 points. Who else has a reliable center that can play clutch post defense against the league's best post scorers like Hayes?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Yeah. And it's not just his 1-on-1 defense but his help defense that is so great. I can't remember if I've ever seen a rim protector quite as impactful as Perkins.

Yeah. And it's not just his 1-on-1 defense but his help defense that is so great. I can't remember if I've ever seen a rim protector quite as impactful as Perkins.
    OKC this year with Perk in has only lost one game. OKC with Russ in has lost two games. Clearly Perk is more valuable to OKC than Westbrook. Anyone who questions the impact that Perkins has on this team, look at that stat right there.

Real talk, he might be the most important player on that team. You can't fully capture his impact by looking at boxscores because he does so much for his team that can't be measured with stats.

He's a winner. What have KD and Westbrook won? Nothing.

Great stuff guys. Good to see other people are paying attention to more than just boxscores

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    OKC this year with Perk in has only lost one game. OKC with Russ in has lost two games. Clearly Perk is more valuable to OKC than Westbrook. Anyone who questions the impact that Perkins has on this team, look at that stat right there.
    OKC is undefeated with both Perkins and Westbrook playing. Reminds me of a rich man's Kobe/Shaq duo. Then you got Durant as your Robert Horry? Pretty much guaranteed multiple titles.

Where do you guys rank Perkins compared to the other centers in this league? I say he's number one based purely off his 100% win record while playing this year.