Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: A deeper look at dreams

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Please, explain to everybody what it's like to have total recall of every person's face that you've ever glimpsed.

I mean, you must have that because there's no way for you to prove you've never seen someone before.
    If you see a face you have never seen before, and your conscious mind can't recollect it, then it is probably a memory that you've never experienced before. Memories don't truly get lost (unless if you have amnesia of course). Once you recall a face, situation, experience, etc. your mind will connect directly back to that memory.

I doubt dreams are anything like real life. The claim it is all just a combination of latent experiences sounds too bogus to claim with certainty because it is just completely different from that.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 05-18-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Can you draw a face you've never seen before? Yes. Can you draw a place you've never seen before? Yes. So how can you say you can't dream a face you've never seen before?

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Can you draw a face you've never seen before? Yes. Can you draw a place you've never seen before? Yes. So how can you say you can't dream a face you've never seen before?
    sigh... Let me put this to you one last time. STUDIES which i don't have time to retrieve right now have shown multiple times that your brain will store memories of randoms that you caught a glimpse of at some point in your life. We still do not fully understand the brain and its full ability but you still can't make up something you've never seen before.

Like i said before, easiest way to put it is you can't tell a blind person what colour is...

I also noticed the two of you never quoted that post and never talked about it.

iamrambo. these people in your dreams that you dont know represent the personas you encounter on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    iamrambo. these people in your dreams that you dont know represent the personas you encounter on the internet.
    This I partially agree with. i think I met a guy name "Nathan." He was a flaming homosexual. He told me to lie down and he wanted to jizzle hot steaming lava cumm all over my face. I was willing at the moment, but my conscious mind told me this was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    He told me to lie down and he wanted to jizzle hot steaming lava cumm all over my face. I was willing at the moment

Hume>Kunt.

This I partially agree with. i think I met a guy name "Nathan." He was a flaming homosexual. He told me to lie down and he wanted to jizzle hot steaming lava cumm all over my face. I was willing at the moment, but my conscious mind told me this was wrong.
    So basically you just said you're a [COLOR="Black"]******[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    So basically you just said you're a [COLOR="Black"]******[/COLOR]
    Not quite, dreams don't represent reality, so I might be a homosexual in my dreams, it doesn't mean I am that way in real life.

Hume>Kunt.

Not quite, dreams don't represent reality, so I might be a homosexual in my dreams, it doesn't mean I am that way in real life.
    stop living in denial and embrace your inner [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]aggot. Your dreams are trying to tell you something.

Fun fact. You only dream of faces you've seen in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Fun fact. You only dream of faces you've seen in real life.
    Fun fact. You don't.

You kinda just announced to the world you're secretly a flaming homosexual that enjoys such things but don't want to accept it.

Banned

Well this thread degenerated quickly.

   

cool thread minus the side-argument veering in to the pointless zone.

i would definitely love to lucid dream! i... think. actually i'm really pleased to be developing an ability to decode my dreams. most of my memorable dreams, like a couple per week, if i sit and reflect on them i'll be able to link the actors and the places with something that happened or a point that's being made. like a summary or a different POV on a previous or on-going situation. less and less is it just random weird / fun stuff... more and more there's specific messages.

i find this really cool, because this often means i'm essentially getting advice on what to do from brain regions networked and operating in different ways than normal. almost like a friend who understands my whole situation intimately and has their whole take on it.

still, i want to keep developing this ability. i suppose it has to do with the fact that i meditate and self-reflect a lot and am getting to understand myself worlds better than i used to. also seems like the more i understand myself, the more i have insight in to other ppl, which could potentially mean insight in to other ppl's dreams, too. woohoo on that!

anyway, cool thread, cool replies.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    cool thread minus the side-argument veering in to the pointless zone.

i would definitely love to lucid dream! i... think. actually i'm really pleased to be developing an ability to decode my dreams. most of my memorable dreams, like a couple per week, if i sit and reflect on them i'll be able to link the actors and the places with something that happened or a point that's being made. like a summary or a different POV on a previous or on-going situation. less and less is it just random weird / fun stuff... more and more there's specific messages.

i find this really cool, because this often means i'm essentially getting advice on what to do from brain regions networked and operating in different ways than normal. almost like a friend who understands my whole situation intimately and has their whole take on it.

still, i want to keep developing this ability. i suppose it has to do with the fact that i meditate and self-reflect a lot and am getting to understand myself worlds better than i used to. also seems like the more i understand myself, the more i have insight in to other ppl, which could potentially mean insight in to other ppl's dreams, too. woohoo on that!

anyway, cool thread, cool replies.
    Decoding the meaning of your dreams can be so rewarding. It was a dream that gave me the message to stop caring so much about politics. At first, I thought the dream was telling me to CONTINUE caring and to keep pursuing that interest. But as I kept thinking about the dream, I realized the meaning was the opposite. Once I finally understood the dreams meaning, I felt a lot of relief and happiness over my decision to forget politics for a while.

Lucid dreaming is very rewarding, but for some people (like me) it takes a lot of effort. For others it comes a little easier. For me it's something I go back to every now and then. I don't care about my dreams for a few months, then I'll go head first into writing them down and trying to lucid dream.

In my lucid dreams I've been able to fly many many times, and once shot lighting bolts out of my hands . I've made it snow to try and convince other dream characters that I was dreaming. In all honesty, yes I've tried to have sex, but I always wake up when I try. lol. I am just now trying to work on the deeper aspects of lucid dreaming, like asking questions to my subconscious and learning things about myself. Up until now I've always just gotten too excited to care about that stuff.

The most amazing VISUAL I've seen in a lucid dream. I kept having false awakenings, where I would wake up in my bed thinking I was awake, but I was actually still in a dream. It happened about 5 times before I realized I was dreaming and became lucid. Upon that realization I jumped out of my bedroom window and instead of seeing my normal yard, the entire world was a vivid, bright, colorful MARIO land. I seen yellow coin blocks, goombas, bright green grass, everything you'd see in a Mario game. And I was just flying through the air looking down on it. It was so amazing and vivid, I feel excited just thinking about it.

And that feeling of realizing you're dreaming, and just jumping out of your window like that, it's so surreal. In your real life you're so constrained by the laws of physics, gravity, social norms, etc. But once you realize you're dreaming, for the first time you just feel completely and utterly FREE, and bound by nothing. There's endless possibilities, no rules, and zero danger or consequences.
    Last edited by joe; 05-19-2013 at 04:47 AM.