Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Iverson :: It's going be hard to see eye to eye with the coach

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    And if Shaq played for Lakers/Magic/Rockets - he would come off the bench. He has matured and knows it isn't about him in his mid 30's. He understands that a team mentality wins games.
    He wouldnt come off the bench in Memphis. Miss me with that maturedm, knows it isnt about him. Same guy who left L.A because he undertands the team mentality to win games right? Ok. You are better off deleting this post and sticking to your recent.

And oh you were right about Elton Brand on the Sixers altho i'm not sure if that was you to be honest. But I'm guessing it was.

BrianDawkins20
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Allen Iverson takes leave from Grizzlies for personal reasons

He's proving to be a negative influence and his contract is relatively small... Do they cut him? If so, does anyone else want him? Not that Iverson is a negative player, but he is currently not helping his team too much.

At LA he wasn't mature. As I said he has matured. That's why he has taken a back seat this season, and also for the Heat, and also for the Suns whenever Amare played. Is that not correct?
    He would start at Memphis as Gasol is not as good. Coach wouldn't be a coach if he couldn't see that. But if Bynum or Dwight played the 5 at Memphis I think he would accept it. agree to disagree

Yeah that was me talking about Brand.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Is there a chance Iverson gets cut by Memphis?

I hope so, go to carlotte

If he gets waived... New Orleans needs to jump on him off the waiver wire.

If Byron Scott is still obsessed with playing a small backcourt....
    Paul + Iverson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paul + Brown.

At LA he wasn't mature. As I said he has matured. That's why he has taken a back seat this season, and also for the Heat, and also for the Suns whenever Amare played. Is that not correct?
    He would start at Memphis as Gasol is not as good. Coach wouldn't be a coach if he couldn't see that. But if Bynum or Dwight played the 5 at Memphis I think he would accept it. agree to disagree
    Disagree, nothing leads me to believe Shaq would take a backseat.

And kudos for calling the Elton Brand shyt.

I don't think Charlotte wanted him.
    A lot of teams would love him as the 6th man, but the last week has really damaged his stock. Maybe he would accept being 6th man for a contender... like LA or Denver. I think he would, the dude is about winning.

I think the problem is the losing. I have no doubt that AI would accept this role for LA.
    He should not have come into this negative environment. He probably thought he could turn it around, but he aint 27 anymore. I can see why he accepted the challenge. He would have the same issue at bobcats.. Brown probably knew this so he didnt go after him.

I think the problem is the losing. I have no doubt that AI would accept this role for LA.
    He should not have come into this negative environment. He probably thought he could turn it around, but he aint 27 anymore. I can see why he accepted the challenge. He would have the same issue at bobcats.. Brown probably knew this so he didnt go after him.
    I agree with that...the problem is losing.

I rule the local playground

I think the issue is the minutes more than the bench. I think the issue is this probably was never discussed before hand, that's on both AI/agent and Memphis. I read on Insider a few days ago that the word is there was no talk about what AI's role would be(off bench/starting), only that he'd have a chance to earn starting spot(which is what he said he wanted). I think if they gave him consistent minutes this wouldn't be as big of an issue and losing isn't helping. I don't think he signs if he's told he's gonna be a 20-25 mpg bench player.

he would be a starter in new orlean so he should sign there.

Local High School Star

i think he is really misunderstood, i mean i doubt he would ***** liek this if his team were winning, but when your team is getting blown out and you are still backing up mike ****ing conley id be pissed too.

now if memphis were rolling on teams like the nuggs and lakers do, he would have nothing to complain about by coming off the bench and knowing his role.

same thing happened in detroit he said he has no prob coming off the bench as long as the team is winning, i doubt he cares about individual accolades anymore i mean hes done just about evreything.

I rule the local playground

I don't think Charlotte wanted him.
    A lot of teams would love him as the 6th man, but the last week has really damaged his stock. Maybe he would accept being 6th man for a contender... like LA or Denver. I think he would, the dude is about winning.

I think Charlotte and LB did want him, there were just other issues, that's why there were rumors that he had a deal in place with them during the offseason.

Root Of All Evil

He shouldn't have been in Memphis in the 1st place.

He should play for the Knicks. They're not going anywhere soon, and in D'Antoni's style of play he can still put up good numbers.