Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Psychopaths & Sociopaths are essentially the human being version of Terminators.

They don't care. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. They absolutely will not stop... ever, even after they get what they want.

This is why governments ultimately do not work and no form of government will ever remain pure long term.

Until we can objectively identify psychopaths and sociopaths with medical devices / artificial intelligence, or figure out how to "cure" these disorders, we will continue to have bad actors in government, bad actors as CEOs, just... bad actors everywhere.

Default Re: Psychopaths & Sociopaths are essentially the human being version of Terminators.

Food for thought: the richest and most powerful individuals on this planet are psychopaths

Default Re: Psychopaths & Sociopaths are essentially the human being version of Terminators.

The problem is not identification. The problem is they are rewarded by our system and protected.

Also, there is no cure. Imprisonment/capital punishment is the best we've come up with for those that fall on the lower end of the i.q. range that actually slip and get caught.

Even a lobotomy has been tried in the past if I recall correctly. If I remember the story correctly, the patient initially became more passive with a frontal lobotomy, but as he healed, so did the psychopathy. The brain has a way or rearranging itself to fill vacancies with enough time and mass. I'll have to see if I can dig that up....

100% honesty here, society would be better off as a whole if we took these people out before they did their damage, but that enters a whole new realm of Minority Report/thought crime legal navigation.

We're not ready for all that.

Also, it's a bit of a spectrum so it'd be difficult to determine when one's psychopathy is detrimental to society as a whole. This opens up a can of worms that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. Would you want your kid removed from society for scoring high on such a test? Even knowing it'd be the best for society?

It's not like parents don't know. They know. There's an interesting disparity though. Some parents will be like, "yeah, he's ****ed. Take care of him." Others are going to defend their babies til they get the needle as innocent babes that were just misunderstood by society, while believing in their minds they're just "good protective parents"...

As a bit of an aside, do you believe that you are an anarchist and would you attribute your premise above to be the reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50
    The problem is not identification. The problem is they are rewarded by our system and protected.
    Eh, I'd like to believe that if political candidates were factually known to be sociopaths or psychopaths, people wouldn't vote for them. And if people knew who the true psychos were, they wouldn't promote them into positions of power within companies or anywhere else for that matter.

Also, there is no cure. Imprisonment/capital punishment is the best we've come up with for those that fall on the lower end of the i.q. range that actually slip and get caught.
    Currently, but there is the plethora of benefits that will arise from true AI if it doesn't just decide to wipe us out. Who is to say that this personality disorder along with other mental disorders isn't something we're able to fix/modify some day.

100% honesty here, society would be better off as a whole if we took these people out before they did their damage, but that enters a whole new realm of Minority Report/thought crime legal navigation.

We're not ready for all that.

Also, it's a bit of a spectrum so it'd be difficult to determine when one's psychopathy is detrimental to society as a whole. This opens up a can of worms that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. Would you want your kid removed from society for scoring high on such a test? Even knowing it'd be the best for society?
    Hopefully one day we have the means, but I already acknowledged that we currently do not.

Yes, I would want them removed, killed, aborted, whatever... once it's able to be 100% factually proven that they're a psychopath.

As a bit of an aside, do you believe that you are an anarchist and would you attribute your premise above to be the reason why?
    I don't think I'm an anarchist. I just think that unfortunately due to bad actors such as the people we've been talking about, even ones that aren't on the extreme end of the spectrum, as you noted, that no form of government will ever work long term, as they will always be corrupted.

I don't know what the solution is. I just think the best we could possibly do as a species would be one of two things... an extremely benevolent dictator(lol) OR a democracy with all of the psychos and socios removed. I just don't know how we get rid of them without some form of massive technological advancement.

But there must be a way. I can't imagine that psychopaths will exist throughout the entirety of humanity's future(assuming we don't get wiped out relatively soon or do it ourselves.) Surely there will be a solution eventually.
    Last edited by Shogon; 11-07-2019 at 09:42 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

it's a nature vs nurture issue though.

its not just...genetic. the journey corrupts. If you were to attain a certain level of power and riches the dopamine levels in your brain necessary to achieve satisfaction would always eventually plateau and youll look for more.

Everybody always wants more.

Meh people fawn over psychopaths too much. They act like it's better to have no emotion but they do have emotions, esp rage and are especially unreasonable when they know they are being beaten. That's the reason why I think a distinction should be made.

Also psychopaths are malignant. If you had a drive to never stop, never let anything stop you, an ability to turn off your emotions (for real), you'd not necessarily be a psychopath but could achieve the same or more success in our system.

It's like being glib. Bad thing right. Sure if there is underlying malice, but if someone is just constantly telling people what they want to hear only to improve relationships (and assuming they're not outright lying) or improve job performance, what is the problem there? People do it all the time.

Psychopaths aren't driven by winning they are driven by never being weak because they all are scared little children on the inside who probably were abused bed wetters. To self actualize and be able to overlook minor idealistic inconsistencies/be mutable, be able to get over emotions and move toward a goal... That's not becoming a psychopath. That's succeeding. But it is true in order to get far on earth you gotta squash a lot of weak people or fight a lot of people who want to make your life hell. Some people are like eh I'd rather just live comfortably with 85% of the success.

But if someone isn't malignant I say let em be for now. People can seethe for awhile and show their true selves bur the idea that a psychopath is superficially charming enough to trick everyone is nonsense. Most people just don't pay attention. Watch for unnecessary bits of malice.

-Smak

Very good NBA starter

I just squashed a **** roach in the backyard by smashing it with a brick. i went american psycho on that bug.

i felt no remorse, guilt, regret, or anything. its life was completely meaningless to me. its existence in my presence was an annoyance.

in fact, after killing it, i was only thinking, fvck, now i gotta clean this brick and wipe this shit off.

now can i do something like that to a bird or raccoon? of course not. and it's not because it's against the law or whatever, it's because i just couldn't do it.

but the world is frightening because some humans don't have any value system. and they might respect other humans as much as I respect a **** roach.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Meh people fawn over psychopaths too much. They act like it's better to have no emotion but they do have emotions, esp rage and are especially unreasonable when they know they are being beaten. That's the reason why I think a distinction should be made.

Also psychopaths are malignant. If you had a drive to never stop, never let anything stop you, an ability to turn off your emotions (for real), you'd not necessarily be a psychopath but could achieve the same or more success in our system.

It's like being glib. Bad thing right. Sure if there is underlying malice, but if someone is just constantly telling people what they want to hear only to improve relationships (and assuming they're not outright lying) or improve job performance, what is the problem there? People do it all the time.

Psychopaths aren't driven by winning they are driven by never being weak because they all are scared little children on the inside who probably were abused bed wetters. To self actualize and be able to overlook minor idealistic inconsistencies/be mutable, be able to get over emotions and move toward a goal... That's not becoming a psychopath. That's succeeding. But it is true in order to get far on earth you gotta squash a lot of weak people or fight a lot of people who want to make your life hell. Some people are like eh I'd rather just live comfortably with 85% of the success.

But if someone isn't malignant I say let em be for now. People can seethe for awhile and show their true selves bur the idea that a psychopath is superficially charming enough to trick everyone is nonsense. Most people just don't pay attention. Watch for unnecessary bits of malice.

-Smak
    Do you not think that congress and CEOs of major corporations are littered with psychopaths at a far disproportionate rate to their presence in the general population?

They are a clear and definitive problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Do you not think that congress and CEOs of major corporations are littered with psychopaths at a far disproportionate rate to their presence in the general population?

They are a clear and definitive problem.
    Or maybe they

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Or maybe they

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...america-218892

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...n-study-finds/

For the record, psychopaths make up approximately 1% of the population... which was still shockingly high, when I first read it, but I mean... lol... yeah, like I said...

They are disproportionately represented in the CEO world and in congress. It's disgusting, actually.

They should be hunted down and exterminated like the cockroaches they are. It's not their fault, but it is what it is.
    The first link literally assumes DC is full is psychopaths because of the jobs in DC are ones that psychopaths may be attracted too

The 1 in 5 in the CEO study makes sense though. Psychopaths are probably the most efficient people. Humans AI and shit

Edit: though I want to add, to scapegoat these psychopaths is kind of silly. The CEO is a puppet of the board and ultimately answers to them. Unless these boards are full of psychopaths as well we can't really put the sole blame on their mental illness
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 11-08-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    The first link literally assumes DC is full is psychopaths because of the jobs in DC are ones that psychopaths may be attracted too

The 1 in 5 in the CEO study makes sense though. Psychopaths are probably the most efficient people. Humans AI and shit
    https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3185182

Yeah, just a coincidence.

There definitely aren't any more psychopaths in DC than the rest of the country.

Listen, buddy. Just because YOU *WANT* something to be true or not true, doesn't make it ****ing so.

Of course they aren't going to go door to door asking people if they're psychopaths or not, lollllll.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...america-218892

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...n-study-finds/

For the record, psychopaths make up approximately 1% of the population... which was still shockingly high, when I first read it, but I mean... lol... yeah, like I said...

They are disproportionately represented in the CEO world and in congress. It's disgusting, actually.

They should be hunted down and exterminated like the cockroaches they are. It's not their fault, but it is what it is.
    Gattaca meets Minority Report

We need it.

Plot twist, the people who implement the program end up getting targeted and eliminated, them having some knowledge this may happen and still chose to do it anyways

Areas of the United States that are measured to be most psychopathic are those in the Northeast
    and other similarly populated regions
    aka blue states

we know who the real psychopaths are..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    aka blue states

we know who the real psychopaths are..

They are all psychopaths, the left is just a little worse at hiding it