Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

yeah there was a lot of hang-wringing amongst the fanbase since Cal actually missed (shock, gasp) on a few guys. Towns was always a solid foundation for the class though, and I never doubted we would end up with a good group.

Would definitely like to add Johnson. He's waiting until the spring though.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    yeah there was a lot of hang-wringing amongst the fanbase since Cal actually missed (shock, gasp) on a few guys. Towns was always a solid foundation for the class though, and I never doubted we would end up with a good group.

Would definitely like to add Johnson. He's waiting until the spring though.
    Towns and Lyles together will be special regardless if Johnson commits. Still a stacked recruiting class. Don't think Cal is too worried

Johnson in the backcourt? That would be trouble.

so wiggins tomorrow night is making his debut?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

The way Cal's been able to make a UK offer a status symbol is impressive. Him being able to throw an offer at kids that'd otherwise go to any number of legitimately quality programs and get a commit is just nuts. Going to UK makes you elite now, they're the Heat of the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    The way Cal's been able to make a UK offer a status symbol is impressive. Him being able to throw an offer at kids that'd otherwise go to any number of legitimately quality programs and get a commit is just nuts. Going to UK makes you elite now, they're the Heat of the NCAA.
    First round NIT exit

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I have no clue how he does it. It's almost as if he's going after exclusively 5 star recruits. We say he "settled" on Ulis but Ulis showed he's every bit the competitor as anyone at the PG position this summer. I'd say it was a steal (only because my Spartans lost out )

I think the common perception now is that Cal HAS to be cheating, but I doubt that. He might have earlier in his days with UK, but he has no need to. He's established UK as a program for future NBA players, and in its own right that could be the best recruiting ploy out there.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    so wiggins tomorrow night is making his debut?

He already debuted, but he has a game tomorrow against Louisiana Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    yeah there was a lot of hang-wringing amongst the fanbase since Cal actually missed (shock, gasp) on a few guys.

Any word on what the fanbase thought of the first round NIT exit?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

wiggins game tomorrow, super sad i'm going to miss it because i'll probably be working

same with the duke game on the 12th. **** me. gotta get paid doe.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    He already debuted, but he has a game tomorrow against Louisiana Monroe

Any word on what the fanbase thought of the first round NIT exit?
    ok, im not a fan of UK by any stretch (as most of you already know). But I think focusing on their one down season is an unfair assessment of how dominant they have actually been, given they play mostly freshmen. I wouldn't go so far as to say cut them some slack, but I think it's unfair to dwell too much on last season. They clearly have a much improved team and next year they have a great class brewing too.

on another note Louisiana Monroe gonna get raped

Goliath, how has Selden played? Only saw like 2 mins of highlights from the last KU game didnt see much from him. What's the word on him coming out of practice? Aside from Wiggins, he's the one player on KU that could be a huge problem

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    ok, im not a fan of UK by any stretch (as most of you already know). But I think focusing on their one down season is an unfair assessment of how dominant they have actually been, given they play mostly freshmen. I wouldn't go so far as to say cut them some slack, but I think it's unfair to dwell too much on last season. They clearly have a much improved team and next year they have a great class brewing too.
    Lol, I'm just giving him shit because fvck UK. I know they're really good, probably the only team fvcking with KU this year.

Goliath, how has Selden played? Only saw like 2 mins of highlights from the last KU game didnt see much from him. What's the word on him coming out of practice? Aside from Wiggins, he's the one player on KU that could be a huge problem

he's finding his way. he looked much better 2nd game then the first, he's just gotta work out his jitters and he'll be fine. him and Wiggins is just unfair out at the wing.... but he's not the only guy on KU who could be a problem - Joel Embiid is amazing, he's gonna a top 5 pick and better than Selden by the time he's done at KU. And Perry Ellis is a beast too.

VMI guy just killed that Citadel player. Cuffed the ball back and everything.

Here,
    http://deadspin.com/vmi-sophomore-pu...ium=socialflow
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 11-08-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Getting ready to head out for the Pitt season opener. Can't wait for another year of disappointment.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

kansas game starting soon, can't wait!

We blew a 17 point lead to Maryland and only won by 1 .... I'm glad we won but not really satisfied.

Also, Amida Brimah will be a star . I can't find highlights from yesterday but he looks good

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    We blew a 17 point lead to Maryland and only won by 1 .... I'm glad we won but not really satisfied.

Also, Amida Brimah will be a star . I can't find highlights from yesterday but he looks good
    Hey now, I started the Amida bandwagon November 1st, get in line.

But seriously, he is a joy to watch. Just oozing potential. With starters minutes he would average 5 to 6 blocks easily.