Banned

Default 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

There is one player worth talking about in this draft....Wiggins. His combination of athletisicm + skills will allow him to be an elite player in the NBA.

But who are the other guys?

Jabari Parker? Julius Randle?

I feel sorry for whichever team picks these dudes expecting a hall of famer or even a franchise player. Both of them have average athletic ability(NBA standards) and size, while not possessing any intangibles such as making teammates better, rebounding, defense.

Their absolute ceiling is a guy like Melo. Average athlete, high usage rate, inefficient, no intangibles. And thats the absolute ceiling. Melo was way better at their age. In reality these guys will more than likely end up as a Michael Beasley, or Antawn Jamison. They are not franchise changers and once people realize they have a very small impact at the NBA level they will have virtually no value.

Only one guy in this draft worth anything.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Shut up.

Banned

antwan jamison was a great player

Banned

I don't care whether you're trolling or truly hold those beliefs, but you should probably stop talking basketball forever.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I don't care whether you're trolling or truly hold those beliefs, but you should probably stop talking basketball forever.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    There is one player worth talking about in this draft....Wiggins. His combination of athletisicm + skills will allow him to be an elite player in the NBA.

But who are the other guys?

Jabari Parker? Julius Randle?

I feel sorry for whichever team picks these dudes expecting a hall of famer or even a franchise player. Both of them have average athletic ability(NBA standards) and size, while not possessing any intangibles such as making teammates better, rebounding, defense.

Their absolute ceiling is a guy like Melo. Average athlete, high usage rate, inefficient, no intangibles. And thats the absolute ceiling. Melo was way better at their age. In reality these guys will more than likely end up as a Michael Beasley, or Antawn Jamison. They are not franchise changers and once people realize they have a very small impact at the NBA level they will have virtually no value.

Only one guy in this draft worth anything.

Are you back again Jeff's puppet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    antwan jamison was a great player
    Antawn Jamison blows. He is one of the most overhyped players of the last 10 years. Makes zero impact to wins. Awful defender, no three point shot, poor rebounder. He is just an awkward fit on a team unless you cater to him. And if you cater to Antawn ****ing Jamison your going to be in the lottery.

I remember when the Cavs acquired him, everyone thought Cleveland had the title locked up and that the NBA was rigged. LOL! They actually got worse.

Julius Randle for his size has shown excellent handles and athleticism and combine that with his excellent ability to finish of a drive and also bang down low and you have a great player. I watched a bit of his debut for Kentucky and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes number 1.

I tend to agree with people that say that this draft is overrated but only becuase people has started to compare it with 2003 and 96. Not saying it can't surpass those but at least let us see what they have to bring.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Jamison is at that deadly tweener position that everyone seems to fail at and he made a nice career for himself. Allstar games and a 20/8-9-ish prime with solid percentages as an undersized PF.

Rather if you like the guy or not, Jamison =/= Beasley. On or off the court, for that matter. Great NBA ambassador.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Jamison is at that deadly tweener position that everyone seems to fail at and he made a nice career for himself. Allstar games and a 20/8-9-ish prime with solid percentages as an undersized PF.

Rather if you like the guy or not, Jamison =/= Beasley. On or off the court, for that matter. Great NBA ambassador.
    Jamison is Beasley with his head on right.

Tweeners don't work in the NBA. Most of the tweeners are on bad teams, and it's not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bella
    Julius Randle for his size has shown excellent handles and athleticism and combine that with his excellent ability to finish of a drive and also bang down low and you have a great player. I watched a bit of his debut for Kentucky and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes number 1.

I tend to agree with people that say that this draft is overrated but only becuase people has started to compare it with 2003 and 96. Not saying it can't surpass those but at least let us see what they have to bring.
    Beasley looked the same in college and was the consensus #1 overall until late in the season. That type of player doesn't translate to wins in the NBA.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

There never is a sure-fire HOF caliber player in the draft. Even LeBron or Duncan weren't 100% that coming into the league. You still have to play the games.

That said,

Andrew Wiggins
    Jabri Parker
    Julius Randle
    Dante Exum
    Marcus Smart
    Aaron Gordon
    Joel Embiid
    Rodney Hood

and maybe a few others have all-star potential. I don't think there will be a LeBron in this draft, but at least 4 or 5 of players in this draft will be big time.

Banned

Wiggins is HOF michael jordan esque material.

"But it's too early to say that" then why the **** have this conversation when if someone puts him on a pedestal you got to pull that bs?