Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: *****All-Time NBA Players Peak Draft*****

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    I am curious to see what ISH thinks though, most aren't viewing this thread and memorizing whose team is whose so you could make a thread.

Your team would still get the most votes I'm sure but I'd like to see what ish thinks.

There's literally zero chance I have the worst team so the credibility of that poll is not there.
    I agree that the realgm poll is not 100% accurate. Post for example finished #4 even though he only drafted 3 perimeter players, one of them being Korver (Not even counting the girl he drafted). It's a sexy lineup from the big spot, but pretty weak everywhere else with little shooting. He even admitted he didn't take the draft seriously.

I thought I had the best team, but your team shouldn't be ranked tied for last.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 06-30-2022 at 01:51 PM.

I am curious to see what ISH thinks though, most aren't viewing this thread and memorizing whose team is whose so you could make a thread.

Your team would still get the most votes I'm sure but I'd like to see what ish thinks.

There's literally zero chance I have the worst team so the credibility of that poll is not there.
    Imo post definitely has the worst team, even discounting him clownishly picking a WNBA player

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

I think it proves recency bias is a thing. They saw modern era and voted for post cause he has all modern players

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Wait a second...

LeBron was drafted number 1...

MJ was drafted afterwards by 1987 of all people and his team overwhelmingly won.

Hilarious.

Lol, this is why you can't draft cohesive teams and expect people to understand. Most people are just too low IQ

Billups won a FMVP averaging 47% from 3 in the series. He's one of the clutchest players ever. He fits better with my starting lineup.

It's not to say in certain matchups I wouldn't put GP in for 20 or 30 mins either. But he wouldn't be starting. GP is actually a scoring sparkplug off the bench... everybody thinks defense but he was a near elite scorer in the late 90s... he's just not a guy who would be spacing the floor as well as Billups.

I'm all for experimental thought and mixing up lineups and breaking traditions but at the end of the day, the best player will always start or he will walk.

There is no world in which Billups starts over Payton. The gap isn't close enough. The gap between them as players was SUBSTANTIAL.

How many times in league history has a better player come off the bench? Probably less than one hand?

It might even be the best for the team, but I'm telling you, he's not starting over Payton ever.

Payton absolutely shits on Billups in a massive, massive way. They were not particularly close as players. Chaunce Billups is one of the most overrated players ever and he didn't even deserve his FMVP. Ben and Rasheed were co MVPs of that team. I don't care about offensive stats from that series.

It's funny because I recently mused about Curry coming off the bench and letting Poole start due to egos, but that would never work here.

And besides, you want to get into fits on the court... what about off the court?

Anyone in this whole world think peak Gary Payton is going to be ok coming off the bench for Chauncey ****ing Billups?

L - M - F - A - O.

Clearly never watched GP.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I would say that all of these teams are good. I think the MJ fans are going to vote for any team that he is on no matter who else is on it. Put MJ on your team in place of Billups and your team wins in a landslide. There is nobody more loyal than a MJ fan. I love your team and think it would be the most fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    I would say that all of these teams are good. I think the MJ fans are going to vote for any team that he is on no matter who else is on it.
    Only problem with this is LeBron is more popular than MJ on realgm, and the team he was on only received 3 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    I'm all for experimental thought and mixing up lineups and breaking traditions but at the end of the day, the best player will always start or he will walk.

There is no world in which Billups starts over Payton. The gap isn't close enough. The gap between them as players was SUBSTANTIAL.

How many times in league history has a better player come off the bench? Probably less than one hand?

It might even be the best for the team, but I'm telling you, he's not starting over Payton ever.

Payton absolutely shits on Billups in a massive, massive way. They were not particularly close as players. Chaunce Billups is one of the most overrated players ever and he didn't even deserve his FMVP. Ben and Rasheed were co MVPs of that team. I don't care about offensive stats from that series.

It's funny because I recently mused about Curry coming off the bench and letting Poole start due to egos, but that would never work here.
    Manu came off the bench and he was one of the best players ever.

Billups overrated? . He's criminally underrated and never talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    I would say that all of these teams are good. I think the MJ fans are going to vote for any team that he is on no matter who else is on it. Put MJ on your team in place of Billups and your team wins in a landslide. There is nobody more loyal than a MJ fan. I love your team and think it would be the most fun to watch.
    There's a lot of truth to that, but 87 Lakers drafted a great team overall.

Bird/Walton/Duncan just aren't the sexiest of names, and I don't think people realize how good McGrady would actually be on that team on both ends. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Wait a second...

LeBron was drafted number 1...

MJ was drafted afterwards by 1987 of all people and his team overwhelmingly won.

Hilarious.
    The sad thing is this is exactly how he evaluates basketball players in general

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

You drafted a girl and have the audacity to complain how I set up your lineup. Lmao
    it's an honorable move to recognize greatness when you see it

it's a snake move to stick a knife in someone's back

there are two types of people in this world

i think it's clear who is who

Quote Originally Posted by post View Post
    it's an honorable move to recognize greatness when you see it

it's a snake move to stick a knife in someone's back

there are two types of people in this world

i think it's clear who is who
    How exactly did you want me to "design" your lineup?

You drafted 3 centers who have never played the power forward spot. (Jokic, Embiid, Gobert)

3 power forwards who have never played the small forward spot. (Giannis, Green, & Zion)

Take accountability that you had a shit draft and move on.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 06-30-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    And besides, you want to get into fits on the court... what about off the court?

Anyone in this whole world think peak Gary Payton is going to be ok coming off the bench for Chauncey ****ing Billups?

L - M - F - A - O.

Clearly never watched GP.
    Chauncey ****ing Billups who in 2005 had the 3rd highest win shares behind lebron and dirk.

Had the 7th highest TS% at 61%

Paytons highest TS% was 55%

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    How exactly did you want me to "design" your lineup?

You drafted 3 centers who have never played the power forward spot. (Jokic, Embiid, Gobert)

3 power forwards who have never played the small forward spot. (Giannis, Green, & Zion)

Take accountability that you had a shit draft and move on.
    now you ask after i point out your snake behavior

there isn't necessarily a lineup but multiple ones that would be interesting to see in the spirit of experimentation

perhaps this is the strongest 7 to go with in the abstract

starters

jokic
    embiid
    draymond
    giannis
    luka

bench

gobert
    jrue

7 is not unusual in a playoff environment

if you don't understand why they might win or why i picked who i picked that's fine

i'm man enough to admit you and the other 7 have good teams

i could've took 2 wnba players and said f the supreme court which crossed my mind

a lot of things cross my mind

i'm not small minded you could say

perhaps you could learn something from that instead of being another toxic clone