Default Trick to make defense in NBA 2K10 much better.

Got to Options > Controllers > Controller Settings > and go down to the Defense AI Assist. It should be set at 50. Change it to 5 and enjoy.

Default Re: Trick to make defense in NBA 2K10 much better.

I've found I can get 7-10 cheap steals a game.

All you have to do is deny the opposing PG the inbouds pass after a made basket, the inbounder will throw it to the SG, and all you have to do is stay between the PG and the ball. The SG will then almost immediately attempt to pass the ball right back to the PG and all you have to do is press and X (on a 360) and you can get a steal. Sometimes all I can get is a tipped pass the the CPU will get to before I can and pick it up. This is very helpful in My Player mode when tipped passes help your grade, and I can still get 2 or 3 easy steals per game, leading to easy points.

Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

That's lame.

Quote Originally Posted by 33824
    That's lame.

Not in My Player mode. It helps your teammate rating and some games you need all the help you can get since you get bad marks for other BS stuff during games.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

All you have to do is deny the opposing PG the inbouds pass after a made basket, the inbounder will throw it to the SG, and all you have to do is stay between the PG and the ball. The SG will then almost immediately attempt to pass the ball right back to the PG and all you have to do is press and X (on a 360) and you can get a steal. Sometimes all I can get is a tipped pass the the CPU will get to before I can and pick it up. This is very helpful in My Player mode when tipped passes help your grade, and I can still get 2 or 3 easy steals per game, leading to easy points.
    i didn't know it worked in 2k10 but i did this all the time in the Combine game. i did it like 5 times in a row, finished w/ dunks every time and got an A+ rating.

I'm talking about improving gameplay. You're just cheating.

I know.

And that's why I try not to do it in Association mode. I feel pretty bad afterwards and feel like I am cheating. I mostly do it in My Player mode when I need to make up for some of the BS bad marks I get off of "allowing man to score" on a 3 on 1 fastbreak that I have no shot of stopping. Or I get a bad mark for a turnover when my PG sails a pass that I'm able to get a hand on so the turnover goes against me.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Got to Options > Controllers > Controller Settings > and go down to the Defense AI Assist. It should be set at 50. Change it to 5 and enjoy.
    Is this an improvement to your team's defense against the computer/other live player? Or are you trying to improve the computer's defense for added challenge? What specifically does this do?

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Is this an improvement to your team's defense against the computer/other live player? Or are you trying to improve the computer's defense for added challenge? What specifically does this do?
    What it does is stops the computer from trying to 'help' you play defense.

When you are playing defense, do you ever feel like some invisible force is pulling you in different directions? That's the Defense AI Assist controlling your character. By turning this option almost all the way off (from 50 to 5), it gives you much more solid control of your own defender.

I don't know why they put this Defense AI Assist in the game... I guess it's for noobs who don't know how to play defense? All I know is that it ruins control on defense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    What it does is stops the computer from trying to 'help' you play defense.

When you are playing defense, do you ever feel like some invisible force is pulling you in different directions? That's the Defense AI Assist controlling your character. By turning this option almost all the way off (from 50 to 5), it gives you much more solid control of your own defender.

I don't know why they put this Defense AI Assist in the game... I guess it's for noobs who don't know how to play defense? All I know is that it ruins control on defense IMO.
    Would it keep the opposing PG from getting 15-25 assists on me every Association game I play? I'm still winning my games pretty comfortably, but even in a 30+ point blowout, the CPU PG gets 15+ assists on me.

Would it keep the opposing PG from getting 15-25 assists on me every Association game I play? I'm still winning my games pretty comfortably, but even in a 30+ point blowout, the CPU PG gets 15+ assists on me.
    It can help reduce open shots by the CPU, because your defensive players won't help off their man everytime... leaving them wide open for the gauranteed jumper.

Saw a basketball once SprtsTmeMachine's Avatar

dropping the setting down so u can get more steals is LAME!