Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jesus.... why do you hate him?

That pretentious smug.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    Martin Scorsese.... C'mon man.

I haven't seen this movie, and I refuse to watch it.

From what I've heard... Jesus has sex in this movie....
    you should, it's actually really good and incredibly thought provoking. maybe perverse for a Christian to watch, but with certainty in belief must come a willingness to open oneself up to the personally unbelievable. otherwise you're just hiding, right? for a true believer, these pop culture interpretations should at worst provoke a smile of condescension and at best reaffirm your core tenets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGJOvYHw_RE

I've seen more hate on Jesus than Muhammad... why is that?
    Because both are fa.ggots...

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    you should, it's actually really good and incredibly thought provoking. maybe perverse for a Christian to watch, but with certainty in belief must come a willingness to open oneself up to the personally unbelievable. otherwise you're just hiding, right? for a true believer, these pop culture interpretations should at worst provoke a smile of condescension and at best reaffirm your core tenets.
    True. Plus it has a cool soundtrack from Peter Gabriel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    Dude gave his life to make up for your sins and you're gonna cry about a measly 20 bucks?
    Shit's getting old

And saying someone hates Jesus is like saying they hate Aquaman. Makes no f*cking sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGJOvYHw_RE

I've seen more hate on Jesus than Muhammad... why is that?
    The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. (John 7:7)

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Shit's getting old

And saying someone hates Jesus is like saying they hate Aquaman. Makes no f*cking sense.
    I'm not Christian but this is just a horrible analogy...

for one, it is very possible to hate a fictional character...why does it not make sense to say "I hate Aquaman and everything he stands for"

for another, there aren't millions that believe Aquaman is real...

He promised he'd paint my fence but he never did.

Made that high school varsity squad JaskoX1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    He promised he'd paint my fence but he never did.
    Look at all that bread he was making

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    funny you say that when not a sinlge historian of the time mentioned anywhere in any of their works a figure who goes by the name of Jesus. Funny that.

Also funny that before Jesus there was a man called Horrace, with 12 disciples, and who too was executed and rose from the dead after 3 days.

How could anyone believe in his existence, when there are hundreds of religions around the world? Why is that your religion is right and the others are wrong? Screw faith and all that this is the 21st century, the statistical chance that Jesus did exist is so slim that it genuinely is laughable that people believe in him, and that is why Atheists (i am not an atheist, i believe in a creator of some sort, nothing to do with the bible though its just my own personal feeling) mock Jesus. Because it is so farking obvious its a load of sh!t and anyone that has the cheek to profess their beliefs of the dude are just that, laughable.
    I find it laughable that I haven't heard a valid argument for how over the half of the world believes that Jesus existed and was, at the least a prophet, if he never existed. Try doing some research and comprise a thesis for how:

-the story of Jesus began
    -early believers believed in him so much that they were willing to die for their beliefs
    - it became the official Religion of the Roman empire in less than 400 years
    - over half of the world believes he existed today

In other words, if you don't believe he existed, then you belive Christianity is the biggest hoax the world has ever seen. I'd like a decent argument for how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by juglenuts416
    I find it laughable that I haven't heard a valid argument for how over the half of the world believes that Jesus existed and was, at the least a prophet, if he never existed. Try doing some research and comprise a thesis for how:

-early believers believed in him so much that they were willing to die for their beliefs

In other words, if you don't believe he existed, then you belive Christianity is the biggest hoax the world has ever seen. I'd like a decent argument for how it worked.
    And to add to that... The bible has been the best selling book EVERY YEAR since its canonization. No book has toppled it till this day. NONE.

More than 6 Billion bible has been sold (as of 2007), no other book in history even comes remotely close... Thats just food for thought.
    Last edited by Bladers; 11-10-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Banned

You just made the argument yourself.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    You just made the argument yourself.

The kind of baseless response that I expected.

Banned

The kind of baseless response that I expected.
    What part of the 'baseless response' did you not comprehend?

You mentioned that what began as an obscure cult spread across the world and has billions of adherents and you wondered how that could have happened if it was all an elaborate 'hoax'... after you mentioned it became the official religion of the most dominant culture/society of the time which controlled virtually all of Europe and parts of Africa and Asia. This is the same culture/society whose dominant religious beliefs for centuries revolved around pagan deities, but of course Jesus is real and Zeus/Jupiter is imaginary. The ancient world knew that as well as we do now.

If you still don't get it, let me know. We'll work through this thing, just me and you

So we're still on the elementary and shallow-minded Christianity to Mythology comparison are we? Apples and oranges, at best. Instead of investing so much time, attention and interest in discrediting Christians and the Christian faith, perhaps it would benefit you more if you spent as much etc. attempting to answer these simple questions:

A) How did you get here?
    B) Why are you here?
    C) Where are you going once this life is said and done?

... instead of just doing the trendy / cool / thinking you're some mental elitists ish and not really having much of a legit basis to answer those questions.