Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays 2015 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Nice post...
    thanks.

yeah, I agree, it

With the type of offence they have they will be ok with guys like Fister/Iwakuma/Shark. I personally don't want R.A. back at $12M, Price is too expensive at $30M and Estrada I hope doesn't get more than $10M.

Dickey and Price showed me more than enough this post season. They aren't worth $42 million between them.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BRabbiT
    thanks.

wouldn’t resign Estrada, personally. This year is an outlier. He’ll be paid a lot more than he’s worth, imo.

wouldn’t “extend” RA. they already overpaid for him once. $12M is too much, imo. his track record in TOR has been more shaky than solid.

regarding Price, you’re right, I HIGHLY doubt TOR is even a possibility. ..[/I]”
    I think I agree to disagree with you only on the first 2 points and only partially.

Estrada I half agree half don't. I think your right that he will want money. There is a limit to what he is worth; his season was a one year only performance. I suspect that some sort of 4 year deal at reasonable money will get done. Given his career, this team, chance to win, run support, d fence, he would probably take "term" over top flight dollars. "For the right price" he can still shore up the bullpen too...

I think RA ~ even shaky is worth $12M; he may not have starting rotation stuff (spring training etc wll tell) but out of the bullpen he will soak up a valuable 150 innings for this team; he will be a change of pace guy in a rotation if he does have enough left - that will set up other pitchers. He knows how to win. I'll take RA at $12M rather than run around trying to deploy his money on some other "rehab promising arm" or "unknown".

Consistency in the club house will probably add to this teams desire to go deeper.

Hell I might even ask Burhle if he wants to come back as a "pitching coach" trainee... :)

Price.

I just dont know. Maybe we do have to go out and get a couple other guys to replace him... its really tough to predicts.

I "think" the Jays have a shot to resign. You dont seem to think so but I do. Perhaps I am a bit naive....

I think the Cubs are really the "big competition" given the GM that drafted him and groomed him is there.

I don"t think he will sign with the Dogers to be "one of the big three". He wants to be the Ace.. not Grinke's understudy... or Ace 1.2

He has been an AL and AL east pitcher for a lot of years. I think that if the choice between Yankeee, Red Sox, Jays and the money is the same he will take the Jays if the money is the same.

If I were Shapiro / AA I think I might offer him a 4 year deal with 3 consecutive player option years.

I mean the deal is that the Jays control Russ Martin, Tulo, Donaldson, Goans, Pillar, Smolk, Coballo, Stro, Sanchez, Osuna through 2020. All these guys have contracts and some have arbitration rights during... but bottom line is the core line up is good till about 2020.

So David ~ take 4 years guaranteed; if your not happy going into 2021 - opt out - your choice.

If his arm isnt so great in 2021 ~ we have a huge contract admittedly; but some team will take him on 3 or 2 option years left to make their run to the world series.
    Last edited by Jballer; 10-28-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Why can't we have good things?....