Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant:

Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant:

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Then explain why no international player, excluding Canadians and Kobe, cannot dominate the game of basketball? Why isn't their a international superstar around here? Where's German Lebron!?

Since prime Shaq no American player dominated the NBA, nor came even remotely close to doing so. And everyone knows that prime Shaq was allowed to commit an offensive foul every time he got the ball by the NBA refs, something that would not be allowed in European basketball.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Then explain why no international player, excluding Canadians and Kobe, cannot dominate the game of basketball? Why isn't their a international superstar around here? Where's German Lebron!?
    Dirk, Pau, they may not have the athleticism of Lebron, but their games are more refined and they are top 10 players in the league.

There's no denying that the best players in the league (top 5) are Americans. but you're average player growing up in Europe vs your average player growing up in the US, might be a different story, just in terms of the skills they are learning and focusing on.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    the club system is better in my opinion.

imagine if the Lakers had different youth teams and teenagers had pro level training and facilities from high school onward. the kids would develop so much and learn so much from having access to professionals.

personality wise, there'd be less giant egos than we see now, as instead of a kid being the shit all through their career, he'd need to be respectful of the pros at the NBA level of his club. think of all the talented head cases who shit their talent away because of a horrible attitude. would Stephon Marbury be as cocky if instead of balling for Lincoln High, he was on The Knicks youth team? Oak and Mase would have slapped the shit out of him if some youth team punk got out of order.

European soccer teams do this, it'd be really cool if the NBA did too.

I know it will never happen as it is 'elitist' and the NCAA and HS hoops are hallowed institutions, but it is really cool to think 'what if.'

The Australian model of 'sports centers' would also be cool to have and produce better players. Look how a relatively small country like Australia performs in the Olympics. Their great results are due to their centralized sporting system, where the top athletes all go to school together.

AAU tramps all those systems bro.. It has been producing superstars for decades.. I'm i missing something here ?? Not everything that is foreign is good for you...

Banned

oo god kobe sftu

RUBIO WILL BE A BUST

ROSE/SELBY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>RUBIO

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    He didnt hear what Yao ming was telling his country ???

well to be clear Yao was commenting on China's developmental system while Kobe was speaking to the European one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Since prime Shaq no American played dominated the NBA, nor came even remotely close to doing so. And everyone knows that prime Shaq was allowed to commit and offensive foul every time he got the ball by the NBA refs, something that would not be allowed in European basketball.
    You are saying this like everybody wants to play in the ruopean leagues. There is a reason why NBA is the Most dominant league in the world.

NBA Superstar

AAU tramps all those systems bro.. It has been producing superstars for decades.. I'm i missing something here ?? Not everything that is foreign is good for you...
    if the US adopted this system, with its superior players it would be crazy. for the record, I am not a supporter or European hoops, but I do see the advantage of the club system, especially on the youth players, they learn so much from having access to the pros, and their methods and training.

AAU is chaperoned pick up ball a lot of the time.

Banned

You are saying this like everybody wants to play in the ruopean leagues. There is a reason why NBA is the Most dominant league in the world.

Yeah and when they lose again this year in the world championship you will pretend it never happened, just like in 2002, 2004, and 2006.

Of course it is. And Kobe knows that personally because he was developed in Italy in one of their youth club systems. It's one of the main reasons why his skills level if so much better than other NBA players, even though he never played in the NCAA.
    The italians system which Kobe took part in around the ages of 10-13 is why he's one of the most dominant player today? The work ethic he adapted from his father, his father's teammates, Jordan, Magic and other NBA players didn't have more to do with it? Him staying hours after games and practices shooting and playing one on one with his dad when he was in Italy didn't help either?

Not sayin' the club's system didn't have anything to do with Kobe being such a great player. But I doubt it had more effect on the shit I just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Dirk, Pau, they may not have the athleticism of Lebron, but their games are more refined and they are top 10 players in the league.

There's no denying that the best players in the league (top 5) are Americans. but you're average player growing up in Europe vs your average player growing up in the US, might be a different story, just in terms of the skills they are learning and focusing on.
    So then the argument is flawed is it not? If the top players in the league are Americans then their system must be better, right?
    Since prime Shaq no American player dominated the NBA, nor came even remotely close to doing so. And everyone knows that prime Shaq was allowed to commit an offensive foul every time he got the ball by the NBA refs, something that would not be allowed in European basketball.
    Thanks for completely misinterpeting what I meant by dominant. I didn't mean Wilt Chamberlian like dominance. I mean dominance. Lebron 30/8/8 season is dominant. Bryants 35/5/5 season is dominant. Mcgrady's 32/6/7 season is dominant. And they're all American perimeter players. So where are the dominant European perimeter players?
    Last edited by Batz; 07-28-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Banned

The italians system which Kobe took part in around the ages of 10-13 is why he's one of the most dominant player today? The work ethic he adapted from his father, his teammates, Jordan, Magic and other NBA players didn't have more to do with it? Him staying hours after games and practices shooting and playing one on one with his dad when he was in Italy didn't help either?

Not sayin' the club's system didn't have anything to do with Kobe being such a great player. But I doubt it had more effect on the shit I just said.
    Kobe was in the youth club in Italy from age 5 or 6, not age 10.

what do you mean average ??? Darko was a top prospect? what happened ?? Kwame >>> darko, Thats as average as it gets. Apart from the gasol brothers, sabonis and a handful players, this euro players can't hold a candle. The european game is the 80's NBA version. The USA has evolved the game so much to make it an entertainment. It's like Brazil soccer and European soccer, the brazillian soccer is far way more entertaining to watch than euro's soccer.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

So then the argument is flawed is it not? If the top players in the league are Americans then their system must be better, right?
    The top players in the league being Americans is more a testament to their individual genetics, than it is their development as players. Kobe's the only one of the top 5 that isn't a complete genetic freak and he's still above the average athleticism of most elite european players.

And just to be clear, I'm not a huge Euro basketball fan. In fact I'm not at all. I do feel however that they focus on youth basketball in America has gone the wrong direction and players could be much better than they already are, if they spent time working on their fundamental skills from an early age.
    Last edited by lakerspng; 07-28-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Kobe was in the youth club in Italy from age 5 or 6, not age 10.
    What a counter-argument...
    The top players in the league being Americans is more a testament to their individual genetics, than it is their development as players. Kobe's the only one of the top 5 that isn't a complete genetic freak and he's still above the average athleticism of most elite european players.
    Bryant's Father was a freak Athlete. Dominated the italian league was in but was sub-par in the NBA. So right there you're just assuming that the reason the top 5 players are genetically gifted whilst Bryant's parents hold such genetic values but Kobe does not have them.
    Last edited by Batz; 07-28-2010 at 12:35 PM.

NBA Superstar

what do you mean average ??? Darko was a top prospect? what happened ?? Kwame >>> darko, Thats as average as it gets. Apart from the gasol brothers, sabonis and a handful players, this euro players can't hold a candle. The european game is the 80's NBA version. The USA has evolved the game so much to make it an entertainment. It's like Brazil soccer and European soccer, the brazillian soccer is far way more entertaining to watch than euro's soccer.
    now you are talking completely out your ass.

no one is saying one player is better than the other, not sure why you are so adamantly defending the superior American players.

fact is, HS, AAU, and NCAA route is NOT the best way to develop talent, and your desire to change the focus (from the system to the player) exposes the flaw in your argument.

Yeah and when they lose again this year in the world championship you will pretend it never happened, just like in 2002, 2004, and 2006.
    This is what you fail to understand though, the USA team this year is a crop of new players, i can bet you a team like Greece will be recycling their old players again. How is this developing their young players ???, say all you want but i'm for the development of new talents, which USA shits on all of them.