Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Religion aside, abortion is wrong. All babies deserve a chance to live

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm against abortion then. Because wearing a condom universally isn't a 100% chance of not getting pregnant. The only 100% way to prevent conception is to not have sex at all. If you can't take the responsibility that comes with having intercourse and sex, then you shouldn't be having sex.
    Ok, so imagine if someone ate Taco Bell, got a stomach ache, and then on the way home shit in their trousers. Should they should be forced to wear their shitty trousers for 9 months all because "If you can't take the responsibility that comes with eating Taco Bell, then you shouldn't be eating Taco Bell?"

Default Re: Religion aside, abortion is wrong. All babies deserve a chance to live

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    But why do you change your stance? You just said the process has been started, a life is about to be born, you would deny the baby its future just because of how it was conceived? Don't you think that's kinda hypocritical?
    My stance changes because getting forcefully raped and pregnant or giving birth to a baby that might possibly kill you are things out of your control. Aborting a fetus because it's an inconvenience to your life is within your control. It's two completely different situations in my eyes.

You can't just look down on one group of people getting abortion but then turn around and act like "These kinda people who get abortion are cool, I fully support them killing that baby. But those other guys are murderers though!"
    Yes I can because the situations are completely different. That's like saying if you kill someone because you hate them it's murder, but you kill someone in self defense it's still murder and you should still get punished for it.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Ok, so imagine if someone ate Taco Bell, got a stomach ache, and then on the way home shit in their trousers. Should they should be forced to wear their shitty trousers for 9 months all because "If you can't take the responsibility that comes with eating Taco Bell, then you shouldn't be eating Taco Bell?"
    Comparing human feces to life are completely two different things.

My stance changes because getting forcefully raped and pregnant or giving birth to a baby that might possibly kill you are things out of your control. Aborting a fetus because it's an inconvenience to your life is within your control. It's two completely different situations in my eyes.

Yes I can because the situations are completely different. That's like saying if you kill someone because you hate them it's murder, but you kill someone in self defense it's still murder and you should still get punished for it.
    But there are a lot of situations that are out of a woman's control. The condom may have had a hole in it due to the company's mistake, or the guy may have done it purposefully. Even to the naked eye it may have been invisible but still resulted in pregnancy, does she have to be punished for things out of her control?

But there are a lot of situations that are out of a woman's control. The condom may have had a hole in it due to the company's mistake, or the guy may have done it purposefully. Even to the naked eye it may have been invisible but still resulted in pregnancy, does she have to be punished for things out of her control?
    That's not cause for an abortion to me. When you let a p[COLOR="Black"]e[/COLOR]nis inside you to ejaculate whether you're on the pill and he's wearing a condom or not you are still taking a risk. You are extremely lowering your chances of getting pregnant by using protection, but you still take on a risk nonetheless. Letting the guy inside you in the first place is something that was completely in your control.

My wife got pregnant while she was on the pill and I used a condom. Never once did I think of abortion and not once did we ever talk about it. It never came up because personally we accepted the responsibility that we were taking a chance of getting pregnant for the pleasuring of each other.

NBA Superstar

Comparing human feces to life are completely two different things.
    A fetus isn't alive.

Excretion of waste (feces) however, is one of the basic requirements for life.

A fetus isn't alive.

Excretion of waste (feces) however, is one of the basic requirements for life.
    Does the feces that comes out your anus turn into a human boy or girl?

NBA Superstar

Neither. The jizz that comes out of my p[COLOR="Black"]eni[/COLOR]s can turn into one of those two things, however.

Neither. The jizz that comes out of my p[COLOR="Black"]eni[/COLOR]s can turn into one of those two things, however.
    You are indeed correct, it can, but it hasn't bonded with an egg yet, so therefore there is no conception. It hasn't started the process of bonding the mother's and father's DNA together yet. There is no fetus. I have no problem with people preventing conception, I do have a problem with people erasing conception afterwards if it's not rape or possible death.

That's not cause for an abortion to me. When you let a p[COLOR="Black"]e[/COLOR]nis inside you to ejaculate whether you're on the pill and he's wearing a condom or not you are still taking a risk. You are extremely lowering your chances of getting pregnant by using protection, but you still take on a risk nonetheless. Letting the guy inside you in the first place is something that was completely in your control.

My wife got pregnant while she was on the pill and I used a condom. Never once did I think of abortion and not once did we ever talk about it. It never came up because personally we accepted the responsibility that we were taking a chance of getting pregnant for the pleasuring of each other.
    Don't you think women should at least get a "2 strikes" kinda deal? That they can get 1 abortion since everyone ****s up in life, but after that for their other "mistakes" they gotta take responsibility?

It would be cruel to force a teenage girl or any single woman that just made a mistake to pay for it for 18 years and have to raise a child single handedly.

Don't you think women should at least get a "2 strikes" kinda deal? That they can get 1 abortion since everyone ****s up in life, but after that for their other "mistakes" they gotta take responsibility?
    No.
    It would be cruel to force a teenage girl or any single woman that just made a mistake to pay for it for 18 years and have to raise a child for single handedly.
    Sometimes the most beautiful things come from the most unfortunate circumstances. Sometimes they don't. I can live in a world like that. If you can't, that's your own feeling towards it. And I respect that.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Its not the babies fault she got raped. Atleast have the kid and put it up for adoption, give it a chance of life.
    This. I'm totally pro-choice but it is black and white. If your argument is that all embryos deserve a chance at life you don't get to make exceptions regardless of how it was conceived.

Edit: Really though people need to just stay the **** out of other peoples business. You can think abortion is wrong all you want but if somebody wants to get one who are you to tell them not to? Are you God? No? I didn't think so.
    Last edited by BrownEye007; 07-27-2014 at 05:51 AM.

I rule the local playground

Umm yeah... Mr. Hankey and his kids

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    This. I'm totally pro-choice but it is black and white. If your argument is that all embryos deserve a chance at life you don't get to make exceptions regardless of how it was conceived.
    This is how I would hope I would react. I wouldn't blame my wife if she wanted to get an abortion if she couldn't mentally bear it, but my hope would be that I and her would either try to raise the child into something positive, or give the child up for adoption to a loving family.

No.

Sometimes the most beautiful things come from the most unfortunate circumstances. Sometimes they don't. I can live in a world like that. If you can't, that's your own feeling towards it. And I respect that.
    Sometimes the most beautiful things come from letting people make their own decisions. Sometimes they don't. I can live in a world like that. If you can't, that's your own feelings towards it and I respect that.