Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why is Love plausable to Cavs but not Melo?

I just don't think Melo's game will mesh well on our team. He is a chucker, a shoot first guy. Kyrie is kind of like that too so I don't want another. I am hoping LeBron can teach Kyrie to distribute and see the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    To be fair, his departure from Miami was nothing like what happened in Cleveland. Not even in the same stratosphere. But, I'm not necessarily a vengeful person. The fact that he was only gone for four years (much shorter than anyone ever imagined) and he has gone to great lengths to atone for the way he handled himself, I'm willing to look beyond his prior faltering.
    Real talk......

If you knew at the time in 2010 that he would leave for only a short amount of time and come back still in his prime at 29, would you have been more like "ok, fair enough. Grab a couple rings. Get it out of the way and we get you for the rest of your career" or would you still have felt betrayed?

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

You can't win with Carmelo.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    RBA, like four or five days ago you said you might stop watching the NBA altogether if Lebron came back, but now you seem to be on board.

I'm just curious why your opinion changed rather drastically in such a short frame of time. Not putting you on blast or anything - I'm genuinely curious.
    I said I was very conflicted over the idea and that I didn't want him back. I actually said that I might (I always said "might" for a reason, because I obviously didn't know the circumstances) have to stop caring so much about professional basketball until he retires if he were to come back. Contrary to popular belief, I wasn't saying I'd "stop" being a Cavs fan or turn on the franchise.

Also one of the reasons I didn't want him back was the circus he brings with him and all you have to do is look on the first page of ISH to see it. I wouldn't be shocked if I eventually get tired of it and stop posting here, because it is relentless. And, I liked the underdog role.

But, obviously it was always dependent upon the situation. First of all, until the last couple weeks, I never thought he'd be back this soon... which counts for something. I always assumed it would be a situation where he would try to come back and finish his career here after he was out of his prime. He was "only" gone for four years, meaning if he plays 15 years, he will have spent 11 here.

Nothing has changed as far as my not wanting him back. I didn't want him back and would have been perfectly happy if he would have gone back to Miami.

Things changed and now he's back here... I've come to grips with it and I'm still a Cavs fan. He has handled his return pretty well, aside from the ridiculous holding off of the announcement long after the decision had been made. The letter was heartfelt enough and his reasoning sounds sincere.

I'll never be a LeBron James "fan," but it is what it is. He's a part of this team now and I've been arguably the most diehard Cavs fan on this forum over the past decade. It is an odd situation, no doubt.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-11-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Real talk......

If you knew at the time in 2010 that he would leave for only a short amount of time and come back still in his prime at 29, would you have been more like "ok, fair enough. Grab a couple rings. Get it out of the way and we get you for the rest of your career" or would you still have felt betrayed?
    Nah, I still would have raged about the way he handled it and even he is acknowledging what a terrible "decision" that farce was. And, there's no doubt it has shaped the way I look at LeBron. I'll never be a diehard fan of his.

But, to your point, I never thought it would be just four years. That was a surprise and it helps ease the situation a bit. He will spend the vast majority of his career here and the fact that he chose to come back so soon makes me think he realized some things while he was gone about this area of the country... things he may not have fully appreciated as a kid. Things you don't see until you've left and come back. It is the process of becoming an adult and I thought his college analogy was a pretty good one.

What can I do? I either accept it or turn my back on the NBA. Not going to do that.

Ill be the first to admit..... I was steamed when he left. Because unlike RBA I was a fan of his. But, I was a Cavs fan more. As each year passed, the dislike got smaller but I still never rooted for Miami ever. And when it looked like there was a chance he was coming back, I asked myself am I a hypocrite if I cheer for him again? Im not though cause hes on the team I've always cheered for. And the letter was no doubt PR move but he explained what he was thinking in 2010. He said he would do it differently if he could. And he seemed to umderstand it was how he left that upset us. If he wants to make it up to us, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Ill be the first to admit..... I was steamed when he left. Because unlike RBA I was a fan of his. But, I was a Cavs fan more. As each year passed, the dislike got smaller but I still never rooted for Miami ever. And when it looked like there was a chance he was coming back, I asked myself am I a hypocrite if I cheer for him again? Im not though cause hes on the team I've always cheered for. And the letter was no doubt PR move but he explained what he was thinking in 2010. He said he would do it differently if he could. And he seemed to umderstand it was how he left that upset us. If he wants to make it up to us, I'm all for it.
    Regardless, I think it is sort of unfair for fans of other teams to judge Cavs fans because this situation is completely insane.

Who could have possibly foreseen this saga unfolding this way?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Real talk...... Is it possible that LeBron/Love/Irving is a better big 3 than LeBron/Wade/Bosh?

Let's say Love and Bosh are basically a wash

Who would you say is a better option right now? Irving or Wade?
    Love does provide elite rebounding and spreads the floor very well for a C/PF. I think it would be a better fit than Melo

Melo doesn't want to play in Cleveland. Most players don't.