Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast
    Real Men watch CBM

Default Guardians of the Galaxy (May 2014) - Announced; Will tie in w/ The Avengers II (2015)

http://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/...ovie-revealed/

What would it look like if Star Wars turned into comic book superheroes?

Marvel’s plan has been 2 superhero movies in their Unified Film Universe each year. Next year will bring us the new entries into the ‘Thor’ and ‘Iron Man’ and 2014 will bring us ‘Captain America 2′ and…

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

The Marvel comics universe is called 616. Long story, just accept it. The Guardians of the Galaxy are a team of superheroes from the future of Universe 691. There, an evil alien race called the Badoom is trying to take over the universe. And then the Badoom create the Korvac, and… don’t worry, we have until 2014 to slowly educate ourselves on Guardians of the Galaxy.

The important thing is, at some point, the Guardians will jet back to the 20th century (yes, 20th. Probably the 21st in the movie universe) to meet with the Avengers.

The script has already been written and was said to be "incredible" encompassing the Avengers and Marvel's space universe.

More...

[LIST][*] It will be announced as Marvel’s second 2014 movie at Comic Con.[*] Thanos is in it.[*] It will “lead up to” The Avengers 2 in 2015.[/LIST]
    So let’s parse some of that.

One: The end credits scene at the end of The Avengers was both a teaser for ‘Avengers 2′ AND ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

Two:
    The Guardians being added to the Unified Universe means the theorhetical chronological order of Marvel Unified Movie Universe Phase 2 is: ‘Iron Man 3′ ‘Thor 2′ ‘Captain America 2′ ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ Hulk gets the shaft.

Three:
    If I were to point you in the direction of a comic to read to theorize what Guardians of the Galaxy would be about, I’d suggest you go buy The Thanos Imperative.

Four: Nova. Expect Nova. There’s got to be a reason that Nova keeps showing up in stuff like Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s AvX. He’s not a Guardian per se, but he’s the most recognizable Marvel space character to the all-important “we’re young and buy toys” demographic.
    UPDATE: The Hollywood Reporter confirms the above report, also citing the strength of Nicole Perlman's GOTG script as a big reason why it's moving forward ahead of other Marvel movies in development: "She also has written two drafts of Guardians that are highly regarded. Adding to the heat surrounding Guardians is the fact that Marvel is currently on the hunt for a director. Those in the know say the project is in line with Avengers in tone in the sense there is plenty of comedic elements on display."

Release date has been set at May 16, 2014.
    Last edited by Jordan-esque; 02-18-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy (May 2014) - Announced; Will tie in w/ The Avengers II (2015)

Def want to see this.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy (May 2014) - Announced; Will tie in w/ The Avengers II (2015)

Beast can't wait for all those movies. Hopefully xap america 2 is better

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Definitely has some potential.

Banned

Nova!!!

It better be Richard tho -.-

So Silver Surfer is going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy? Wasn't he in some other comic flick a few years ago?

I know nothing of Marvel's cosmic/space stuff so i have no expectations. I keep hearing people rave about Nova but i know nothing of him.

Anyone want to recommend some arcs/series/stories that would lead to me getting hyped for this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    I know nothing of Marvel's cosmic/space stuff so i have no expectations. I keep hearing people rave about Nova but i know nothing of him.

Anyone want to recommend some arcs/series/stories that would lead to me getting hyped for this movie?
    [QUOTE]Three: If I were to point you in the direction of a comic to read to theorize what Guardians of the Galaxy would be about, I

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz

these aren't the Guardians

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

these aren't the Guardians
    So The Thanos Imperative won't get my hyped for this?

Learning to shoot layups hovermaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    So Silver Surfer is going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy? Wasn't he in some other comic flick a few years ago?
    yeah, the shitty fantastic 4 two, hopefully he'll have a better showing this time around

Nice. And bring back F4, Marvel.

How are they going to pull that off? That's a lot of heroes.

They need to do a reboot of the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    How are they going to pull that off? That's a lot of heroes.

They need to do a reboot of the FF.
    they don't own the rights to the ff, spiderman, x-men, daredevil, or ghost rider.

that's why those movies haven't been in the same shared universe as thor, capt. america, iron man, hulk, and avengers.