Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #46
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: check out my son hoopin' on my local news channel

can you upload it on youtube? for some reason any windows media player file ends up green and i can't see ****.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #47
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

pretty impressive, keep'em playin.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #48
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
great advice and i'm glad to hear you're back into the sport that u love. i wish i had stuck w/ basketball when i was a kid, but i became a bit of a rebel and didn't have anyone really to push me into it or work w/ me. i could have made my HS varsity squad practically w/o trying out according to that coach that wanted my height.

the line where the child is wanting to play and the parent is pushing them to play is thin. so far, he wants to play as much as he does and gets mad when i tell him to sit back and relax a bit. i sincerely hope that he keeps this pace up and becomes the ballplayer that he's showing the potential to become, all the while i'll be guiding him through it.

Good to hear.

I think there's quite a few of us on this board that regret not pursuing athletic careers when we really could have.

One thing i've noticed with trying to make it big in this era is that there's no such thing as a best of both worlds. Since its become so competitive and so tough to edge out the competition, one can no longer even think of trying to balance out training and school/social life/family life/normal life. I intend to get my child into tennis but make sure to warn him with regard to this fact and then make his own choice.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #49
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
can you upload it on youtube? for some reason any windows media player file ends up green and i can't see ****.

try using internet explorer as your browser.

i wish i could upload it but i can't even save it at all. i'm going to call the sports anchor's cell phone or the station tomorrow to see if they can give me a copy of it.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #50
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
pretty impressive, keep'em playin.

awesome, thanx!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:32 AM   #51
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

Forgive me but I couldn't help notice that your son has sort of a year-round tan going on, and well, you don't. You sure you the pappy of that there youngin?
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #52
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes
Forgive me but I couldn't help notice that your son has sort of a year-round tan going on, and well, you don't. You sure you the pappy of that there youngin?

ha! i was waiting for that. no, it's not some "you,me and irene" conspiracy. my wife is black hence my bi-racial kids.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #53
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Jbot get your son into AAU.. i was gonna ask if that was you if your son was mix....i am too... Jabes you obviously cant tell a light skin from a tan person... 1st check the nose...2nd check the hair....3rd check the lips and if all else fails just ask...you can obviously tell that his son was not white just by facial features and his hair plus he was a little too dark for a tan...he has my complexion

Last edited by STelfair31 : 07-27-2007 at 09:32 PM.
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:34 PM   #54
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Handle you are hispanic? thats cool didnt kno that about you..
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #55
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
Jbot get your son into AAU..

i had him in an aau team a while back and he played in a couple of tourneys, then he broke his wrist and was out for almost 2 months. by that time i sorta lost contact w/ the coach and all. i felt he was under utilized on the team anyway. i know he's a good size for his age, but he wasn't given a chance to shoot from the outside which is his bread and butter. i wish i could find another aau team for him locally. the nearest ones i know of are about 1 hour away.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #56
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Jabes you obviously cant tell a light skin from a tan person... 1st check the nose...2nd check the hair....3rd check the lips and if all else fails just ask...you can obviously tell that his son was not white just by facial features and his hair plus he was a little too dark for a tan...he has my complexion
*woosh*

That's the sound of my post going over your head. Relax, I was just making somewhat of a joke and referenced the movie "me myself and irene." Anyway, jbot got the joke and has a sense of humor about it, which I like.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #57
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
ay i'll leave that blank. haha

my bro nick and chan in the cover of Rise mag. It's a magazine in FLA.

last pic

rise mag is around the states i think man.

I probably couldve wrote for them in the dallas area but i wasnt planning to be a journalist so i didnt do it.

Last edited by The_Masterplan : 07-29-2007 at 09:53 AM.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #58
jbot
Future D1 Dad

just bumping the post so everyone can check it out. thanx for all the nice comments so far.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #59
jbot
Future D1 Dad

over 1,200 views and only 57 responses. come one guys, check out the video.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #60
jbot
Future D1 Dad

bump.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: