Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Milwaukee Bucks to be sold for $550 million

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    The city will not doubt finance a huge portion of the new stadium. It is a reality of how the major sports operate in US cities and they still have the option of picking up an moving. Eventually they will just play that card until the citizens of Milwaukee put enough pressure on the city to finance a new stadium. Kind of ****ed up that sports owner operate a business where almost all of their capital costs get a government subsidy but that is just the way it works.
    They won't be able to play the relocation card because part of the sale agreement is that the team will stay in Milwaukee.

Also: the idea that part of the $500 mill is for the stadium is false. The money is going to the former owner. Not the new owners. They will have to get public funding and use some of their other money to get a new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    The Milwaukee Sucks
    damn, spot on

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    They won't be able to play the relocation card because part of the sale agreement is that the team will stay in Milwaukee.

Also: the idea that part of the $500 mill is for the stadium is false. The money is going to the former owner. Not the new owners. They will have to get public funding and use some of their other money to get a new stadium.
    Not sure how that part of the agreement will be enforced but you better believe that the league is going to pressure the hell out of Milwaukee to subsidize the building of that stadium. A huge reason that Kings deal got blocked for the Seattle group was because Sacramento offered a $250+ million subsidy to build the arena while the Seattle group was offering to pay for a new stadium themselves. The NBA owners collectively were not willing to have that set as a precedent so they nixed the deal and favored the Sacramento group.

If this sale involves the new management group financing the lion's share of the new stadium, then I bet the deal gets shot down by the league.

Banned

we need a team in wisconsin. no need to have a nba team in seattle

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    we need a team in wisconsin. no need to have a nba team in seattle
    Except that Seattle is wealthier, has a rich basketball history, and has a consistent record of developing home grown NBA talent.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

I'm not sure how it all works, but I'm hearing that part of the sale money will be going towards the new stadium. It's believed that Kohl will retain a percentage of the team, so maybe he will be putting forth some of that 550 million towards the stadium? Time will tell.

The city will not doubt finance a huge portion of the new stadium. It is a reality of how the major sports operate in US cities and they still have the option of picking up an moving. Eventually they will just play that card until the citizens of Milwaukee put enough pressure on the city to finance a new stadium. Kind of ****ed up that sports owner operate a business where almost all of their capital costs get a government subsidy but that is just the way it works.
    Citizens of milwaukee don't want to do that and don't even love bucks that much. it is a reality and i would do the same if i lived there and was asked if i wanted the city to pay for at least half the costs for a new arena.

unless that is only for 3-4 years, league will reject the sale because of the bolded part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    unless that is only for 3-4 years, league will reject the sale because of the bolded part.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    My guess is that the Bucks are forced to live out the current lease which ends in 2017. That will give Kohl enough time to try to convince the city to put together a subsidy deal and it gives the NBA the option to play the relocation card. If Milwaukee says no, then the Bucks leave.

False.
    If you have more info, please provide a link. Otherwise, I think you are just speculating and don't really know anything. There is no way that the NBA locks that team into staying without any flexibility whatsoever. If that is the case, then this deal will get rejected.

Banned

Except that Seattle is wealthier, has a rich basketball history, and has a consistent record of developing home grown NBA talent.
    no they done terrible job of keeping basketball in seattle. most of the people dont even care about basketball in seattle

Milwaukee Smartass
    Milwaukee Foot in your ass

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

The Milwaukee Best

High School Varsity 6th Man

If i knew thats all it took to buy it. I would have bought the team a long time ago.

Why the **** would you want the team to stay in Milwaukee?

Nobody wants to play there. You think the Bucks are gonna snag Lebron, Love, Melo, Bosh, Wade, ANYBODY, in free agency?

Move the team to Vegas or Seattle, or if you want to keep it in the east, Cincinnati or Louisville.