Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Roy Hibbert since Feb 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Pacers win today and the best thing his scorned lover can do is run to ish and make a thread about Roy Hibbert who played good defense today...How pathetic....

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And defense still matters....
    Of course it does. That doesnt mean that people arent going to point out generally awful performances from a guy making 15 million and being put in all star games.

Hes pretty much Mark Eaton if Eaton didnt rebound and blocked half the shots he did.

Which is fine....for someone considered a role player.

A little more is expected of a guy making 45 million over 3 years in a league that doesnt have many worthwhile centers to contend with.

You on here acting like people are sinning against the game to bring up that a 2 time all star with a max deal is putting up 9/5 and missing 60% of his shots while seemingly healthy. Talking about your hate on Hibbert topic as if the thousands of people here need to respect your decision to keep comments in one topic because they annoy you?

You know how much annoys me? I have the power to actually make people stop most of the time and I dont. Its not up to me what people talk about so long as they arent really causing problems. It sure isnt up to you either. People are going to make topics when 7'2'' big contract all star bigmen have 8/5 games on a regular basis.

Thats just something you have to accept or get off the internet.

Hibbert hate isnt nearly what it is for many. Dwight got more hate than this while playing better than Hibbert could dream.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 04-13-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Pacers signed this dude to a max deal.

The Pacers are paying him $15.5 million dollars.
    Lucky for Roy he's playing in such a pathetic and weak era. Lots of guys getting grossly overpaid because of the lack of talent in the league, especially bigs.

Yah, I'm in the tears....team has the #1 seed and I'm supposed to be upset LoL @ anybody who doesn't deny that there's been 100 Roy Hibbert threads in the last 2 weeks but you guys aren't pathetic?
    You got the #1 seed in the D league

Luckily theres always a 76ers or Magic or Celtics or Bucks or Hawks on the schedule to help you take nights off and still keep your seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Of course it does. That doesnt mean that people arent going to point out generally awful performances from a guy making 15 million and being put in all star games.

Hes pretty much Mark Eaton if Eaton didnt rebound and blocked half the shots he did.

A little more is expected of a guy making 45 million over 3 years in a league that doesnt have many worthwhile centers to contend with.

You on here acting like people are sinning against the game to bring up that a 2 time all star with a max deal is putting up 9/5 and missing 60% of his shots while seemingly healthy. Talking about your hate on Hibbert topic as if the thousands of people here need to respect your decision to keep comments in one topic because they annoy you?

You know how much annoys me? I have the power to actually make people stop most of the time and I dont. Its not up to me what people talk about so long as they arent really causing problems. It sure isnt up to you either. People are going to make topics when 7'2'' big contract all star bigmen have 8/5 games on a regular basis.

Hibbert hate isnt nearly what it is for many. Dwight got more hate than this while playing better than Hibbert could dream.

At this point, with the way Roy is playing, I feel bad for once hating on Dwight.

College star

He has a point though Dro. I agree, defense still matters. But, is his defense so earth shattering that it compensates for his lack of contribution to the other facets of the game?

Isn't a maxed contract star suppose to impact the game on a multitude of levels? Thus separating him from a role player, who at most has a couple of duties in terms of production and that's it?

Isn't a center who just plays defense and boxes out bigs so his teammates can secure the rebound essentially a role player...?

Serious question, no shade thrown at all. I actually like you as a poster and can't fault you for being a loyal fan defending your team, despite their well documented spiral. But, I do agree with Blaze that you can't blame the rest of us non-Pacer fans for ridiculing a player getting $15 million a year to do what a player getting $7 million a year does...

That lack of multi-dimensional production is going to hurt the Pacers moving forward when all their money is tied up in 4 players.

Roy Hibbert is nothing more than a role player at very best. That's 100% a fact.

I am your soldier!

Single-handedly ruined my fantasy team.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    LoL why'd you draft him in the first place? He's never ever been good.

Shoulda gotten Al Jefferson. He's giving me MAD fantasy points

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    People hate on Tiago Splitter's contract (8-10 mil a season) but he gives similar production in less minutes and is a decent passer inside the arch... stats since Feb 1:

22 mpg, 8 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 apg, 0.6 bpg, .50 FG%, .73 FT%
    splitter is a pretty mediocre defensive player, while hibbert is one of the very best in the league

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    splitter is a pretty mediocre defensive player, while hibbert is one of the very best in the league
    False. Splitter is good defensely, especially in the post. He just gets called for a lot of fouls because he doesn't get the vertically that Hibbert does.

Cant play for shit against Miami though.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    9.1 pts
    5.1 rebs
    42% FG
    29 mpg

Pacers signed this dude to a max deal.

That is all.

EDIT:

The Pacers are paying him $15.5 million dollars.

^Thats the best part^
    Waiting until the playoffs are complete to make any judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    False. Splitter is good defensely, especially in the post. He just gets called for a lot of fouls because he doesn't get the vertically that Hibbert does.

Cant play for shit against Miami though.
    Only Hibbert gets the verticality that Hibbert does.

Without it, Hibbert may as well be a bench player.