Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Actually, Paul Pierce will retire with a somewhat impressive career

look at his accomplishments right now

20th all time in scoring "surpassed Bird, Barkley, Duncan, Adrian Dantley"
    5th in 3 pointers made
    1x Champion with a Finals MVP
    2 Finals appearances
    28th in total steals

not epic but not shabby regardless. top 40 maybe?

Default Re: Actually, Paul Pierce will retire with a somewhat impressive career

He's a Top 10 Celtic. That's an achievement in itself IMO.

He's had a great career and is generally underrated, especially among casual fans. I don't like the Celtics but I really wanted to see him retire in green.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    look at his accomplishments right now

20th all time in scoring "surpassed Bird, Barkley, Duncan, Adrian Dantley"
    5th in 3 pointers made
    1x Champion with a Finals MVP
    2 Finals appearances
    28th in total steals

not epic but not shabby regardless. top 40 maybe?
    I think that's pushing it, but depending on what someone values he could sneak his way in to the low end. Surefire HOFer though, has a chance at first ballot.

Banned

Wasn't he part of the worst celtic record ever too though? - that has to go against him, especially in the weak east.

EDIT: not THE worst, but one of the worst, 06-07 year 24-58
    Double EDIT: Whoa, missed 96-97 15-67 - wow
    Last edited by StocktonFan; 07-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StocktonFan
    Wasn't he part of the worst celtic record ever too though? - that has to go against him, especially in the weak east.

EDIT: not THE worst, but one of the worst, 06-07 year 24-58
    Double EDIT: Whoa, missed 96-97 15-67 - wow
    Pierce only played 47 games in 06-07, including missing most of the 18 game losing streak

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I think that's pushing it, but depending on what someone values he could sneak his way in to the low end. Surefire HOFer though, has a chance at first ballot.
    i'm thinking like at exactly #40

The guys a first ballot HOFer, no doubt. He has had a great career and its even more impressive that he has done it all with the same franchise (at least until this trade is approved).

Banned

he s always been underated cause he s butt ugly. Had he been better looking he would have been brought up more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    he s always been underated cause he s butt ugly. Had he been better looking he would have been brought up more often.
    Lmao

He has had a excellent career but most of all, he has a great style. He can take it to the hole, excellent mid-range game, and can bomb from distance. Also, when called upon, he can guard some of the best players in the game, like Lebron and Kobe.

Paul Pierce is the Truth.

One of the players who wasted their prime years playing for shitty teams, alongside Garnett, Allen and some others... we'll never know what his full potential would be, just got a glimpse the last 5 years that he got legit help...

For sure top 50 all time in my mind and 1st ballot HOFer, but unfortunately I think he'll get in 2nd ballot... amazing career nevertheless, especially when you think of what he's been through (stabbing incident, tough years in Boston, etc.)!

Banned

49 on the insidehoops top 100.

i think he can be in the top 40. great player

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

why is it surprising? Paul Pierce has been consistently a great player, the guy outdueled Lebron in his prime. His game was never built on flash but you can't question his effectiveness or longevity. There's a smoothness to his game as well that's understated, it's like he's moving in slow motion but he always seem to get where he wants to go, not so much last couple of seasons but even as recent as 3 years ago I would say that was true.

Local High School Star

I think top 40 is pushing it...I have him right outside my top 50 but he def has a case for top 50