Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Top 3 Scorers and Top 3 PER leaders in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

The stat you are referring to is when MJ was on the floor in 95-96 the Bulls were +980. But they were also +~180 (IIRC) without him on the floor. Giving him an impressive +800. LeBron in 08/09 was +1006. He turned a team that was -137 (-5.9 points/100 poss) into a top 10 win team ever with a +869 (+15.1 points/100 poss).
    Lebron's plus/minus alongside championship-level supporting casts in Miami is far worse than Jordan's.

But Jordan's game was much more adaptable to teammates, so it shouldn't be a surprise that Jordan still added massive value to supporting casts that were already very good, while Lebron could not.

Just imagine if we had the plus/minus data for Jordan back when he was carrying garbage teams to the playoffs.... oooohweeee, he would destroy Lebron even worse..
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-25-2014 at 11:43 AM.

College superstar

^ why did you delete your initial reply, claiming to "hoop" and "dunk on everybody"? that hurricanekid "couldn't play basketball"?

reality actually kick in?

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    ^ why did you delete your initial reply, claiming to "hoop" and "dunk on everybody"? that hurricanekid "couldn't play basketball"?

reality actually kick in?
    no, all that is true.

but i figured responding to the content of his actual post would be more productive in enlightening lebron fans than pointing out how pathetic his knowledge of the game is compared to mine.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    no, all that is true.

but i figured responding to the content of his actual post would be more productive in enlightening lebron fans than pointing out how pathetic his knowledge of the game is compared to mine.
    eh, i actually preferred your first response. at least i got a chuckle from it.

this one not only lacks comedy, but couldn't be more inaccurate. like EVERY sentence in that post was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    eh, i actually preferred your first response. at least i got a chuckle from it.

this one not only lacks comedy, but couldn't be more inaccurate. like EVERY sentence in that post was wrong.
    you asked me a question, i answered it...

i could care less about the feelings of a shallow-minded lebron fan.

back to my original response to OP before sensitive fans derailed the thread:

comparing the 3 players in the OP requires a reconciliation of the styles played in each era - i.e. in today's open paint, it's like a footrace to see if the offensive player can beat defenders to the open space in the paint..

lebron simply uses his athleticism to beat defenders to the open paint, which is why he gets so many at-rim shots.

all those wide open dunks for lebron - think how many wide open dunks the quicker and more elusive Jordan would get beating defenders to the open paint, especially considering his style of immediately acting after catching the basketball.
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-25-2014 at 12:16 PM.