Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Serious playground baller LakersFan626's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook: "I'm Not Making Any Adjustments To My Playstyle"

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Another reason why he's the most hateable player in the league.
    Taking 25 shots a game is more hatable than saying "not one, not two, not three" and "when the games start it's gonna be easy" or trying to draw free throws and not even try to put it in the basket on half of your possessions? Westbrook doesn't do anything near that bad...

As much as I like stats in sports.. you do realize that saying "they're 7-7 when he shoots 25 or more times" doesn't really tell you everything, right?

Maybe Durant was stinking it up those nights so he looked for his offense more.

Westbrook, in my opinion, has improved a lot since last year. He still looks for his own shot too much, but Thunder aren't as good without him. If you tell him not to attack as much, maybe it affects the rest of his game and he just isn't as good. You take the good with the bad.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    As much as I like stats in sports.. you do realize that saying "they're 7-7 when he shoots 25 or more times" doesn't really tell you everything, right?

Maybe Durant was stinking it up those nights so he looked for his offense more.

Westbrook, in my opinion, has improved a lot since last year. He still looks for his own shot too much, but Thunder aren't as good without him. If you tell him not to attack as much, maybe it affects the rest of his game and he just isn't as good. You take the good with the bad.
    You realize a 69 game sample is huge right? Durant absolutely did NOT stink it up more than MAYBE 5-10 times this year.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

RW was a complete embarrassment in the WCF against dallas. He basically had the basketball IQ of a turnip. I'll go so far as to say he embarrassed the game of basketball.

He's doing better this season. He's only embarrassing himself and the PG position, rather than being a disgrace to the entire game.

He's still a complete embarrassment to anyone who enjoys basketball fundamentals, but less so than in the past.

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

if magic johnson says you are doing a bad job as a pg. you are doing a bad job at your position. lol

Local High School Star

Low bball IQ. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJammeR
    if magic johnson says you are doing a bad job as a pg. you are doing a bad job at your position. lol
    The Thunder are in the Finals for a reason.....

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

I applaud Westbrook. He does not need to change his style of play, at all. Sure he may make some bad decision here or there, but the fact that he has no regard for human life and will run into the lane at will or shoot whenever he feels like it is something you actually have to look out for. He can actually make those shots. This is more people thinking that a PG is suppose to suck on offense and should only pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    The Thunder are in the Finals for a reason.....
    Yeah, his name is Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    The problem with the Thunder doesn't lie within Westbrook. The Thunder's problem is the fact that their a jump shooting team. There would be no critics right now if the Thunder had been shooting lights out like the 4th Q of game 1. This has been my biggest concern with this squad competing for a championship thus far, is their style of play. JVG says it best, "it's a make or miss league". Westbrook is used as the scape goat because he doesn't play like your prototypical PG but the fact of the matter is he's one of the top players in this league. His jumper (especially pull ups) is nasty and he can get to the rim at will, can anyone blame him for playing the way he does???
    Sounds like he should never pass the ball then.

Problem is it's tough to get everybody to play defense if one guy is hawking the ball.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That record when ____ shoots ___ times thing never did anything for me. Many(perhaps most) scorers shoot and score more in losses. Michael Jordan did some of his prime. Duncan did at his peak(2003 at least...the only year I checked).

Players who score a lot tend to try to do more when the team is struggling. Doesnt mean them doing more is the reason they are struggling. chicken and the egg thing.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Another reason why he's the most hateable player in the league.
    You make absolutely no sense.

The Thunder got to the Finals primarily because of Russel Westbrook. Why in the world would he modify his game now? He does take ill-advised shots but every shot he takes demonstrates his confidence. I can't believe that people, analysts and sports writers are telling Westbrook to change his playstyle in the Finals.

I don't blame him. I would not change a thing either. It is working for the betterment of the Thunder. As folks say in the street, "you do you, Bo. You do you." Don't change a thing Westbrook.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    That record when ____ shoots ___ times thing never did anything for me. Many(perhaps most) scorers shoot and score more in losses. Michael Jordan did some of his prime. Duncan did at his peak(2003 at least...the only year I checked).

Players who score a lot tend to try to do more when the team is struggling. Doesnt mean them doing more is the reason they are struggling. chicken and the egg thing.
    That makes too much sense for ISH. People would rather mindlessly hate on Westbrook. The way Westbrook has been playing has the Thunder in the finals. They need to fix their slow starts more than have Westbrook change the way he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Yeah, his name is Durant.
    Durant would tell you that Westbrook is helping the Thunder more than he is getting credit for