Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Russell Westbrook: "I'm Not Making Any Adjustments To My Playstyle"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...f=twitter_feed

When Westbrook takes 25 shots in a game - what he's averaging in this series - the Thunder are 7-7 this season, including playoffs. When he takes less than 25, the Thunder are 53-16.

Default Re: Russell Westbrook: "I'm Not Making Any Adjustments To My Playstyle"

Well, f[FONT="Verdana"]u[/FONT]ck.

So he can take 24 and everyone will be happy beside the Heat.

Local High School Star

Westbrook isn't the biggest problem. Those poor starts aren't entirely because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    Westbrook isn't the biggest problem. Those poor starts aren't entirely because of him.
    Not trying to say he's a problem at all. Compelling nonetheless.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Another reason why he's the most hateable player in the league.

Banned

Here is an even more interesting stat involving Russell Westbrook and the Finals so far.

Westbrook w/starters on court: 9 points on 4-16 shooting
    Westbrook w/all other lineups: 43 points on 16-34 shooting

There is also a stat that shows how Thunder have a better record when Westbrook takes more shots than Durant does.

With that being said, it's Brooks that doesn't want him to adjust more so than Westbrook himself doesn't. If Brooks asked him to change, Westbrook more than likely would but since Brooks asked him to play the same style he is going to continue. It's not like Westbrook is deviating from what his coach and his team wants because he is just following orders and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Here is an even more interesting stat involving Russell Westbrook and the Finals so far.

Westbrook w/starters on court: 9 points on 4-16 shooting
    Westbrook w/all other lineups: 43 points on 16-34 shooting

There is also a stat that shows how Thunder have a better record when Westbrook takes more shots than Durant does.

With that being said, it's Brooks that doesn't want him to adjust more so than Westbrook himself doesn't. If Brooks asked him to change, Westbrook more than likely would but since Brooks asked him to play the same style he is going to continue. It's not like Westbrook is deviating from what his coach and his team wants because he is just following orders and nothing more.
    defensive much?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    but he's the biggest reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    but he's the biggest reason.
    He is not the biggest reason for the Thunder's problem but he has been somewhat problematic in the Finals so far with his decision making.

He needs to make plays and decisions the way he did in the WCF against the Spurs.

Thunder don't need Westbrook to continue playing like this....

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

He is not the biggest reason for the Thunder's problem but he has been somewhat problematic in the Finals so far with his decision making.

He needs to make plays and decisions the way he did in the WCF against the Spurs.

Thunder don't need Westbrook to continue playing like this....

So if he's not the reason why their offense and defense is inconsistent then what or who is?

Naturally, nobody is perfect and I'm sure there's some blame that can go around as is the case with every team in history. But he's usually the catalyst for most of their problems on both ends.

Kobe mentality lol

Decent playground baller PTstyle272's Avatar

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    So if he's not the reason why their offense and defense is inconsistent then what or who is?

Naturally, nobody is perfect and I'm sure there's some blame that can go around as is the case with every team in history. But he's usually the catalyst for most of their problems on both ends.
    Starting 3 guys who can't score?

Now he's the problem for our defense too?

Let me guess, he's probably also the reason for the economic problems in Greece too, Global Warming, diabetes, etc.

Fire Dwane Casey

The problem with the Thunder doesn't lie within Westbrook. The Thunder's problem is the fact that their a jump shooting team. There would be no critics right now if the Thunder had been shooting lights out like the 4th Q of game 1. This has been my biggest concern with this squad competing for a championship thus far, is their style of play. JVG says it best, "it's a make or miss league". Westbrook is used as the scape goat because he doesn't play like your prototypical PG but the fact of the matter is he's one of the top players in this league. His jumper (especially pull ups) is nasty and he can get to the rim at will, can anyone blame him for playing the way he does???